forum

Tablet grip problem

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Loliaim
So i have a very small tablet area and a high sensitivity (2cm x 6cm, osu sensitivity 1.31 and a dpi around 1000). I barely move my Hand, i mostly use my fingers and my wrist to aim. The problem is, i hover and my fingers have too much grip to the tablet and sometimes my finger are just stuck in place or just stick too much to the tablet and therefore i can't really move, which is why i then miss. Does somebody know how i can fix it or if i should change my playstyle. Thanks in advance.
DrTrouserPlank
That seems an incredibly strange mix of values for area (because by measurement you are using 3:1 and no monitor is shaped that way and I doubt any resolution would change it that much), sensitivity (why would you not just use 1.00 and minimise the area instead if you wanted more sensitivity?) and the DPI (maybe that's some sort of brand specific thing I don't have but I would think that tablets operated at their specified dpi irrespective of chose area, after all it's just a dpi/max dpi specific to the hardware.

Edit: just re-read.. are you saying that maybe your hand sticks physically to the tablet and it's impairing your play? If so you can buy something like this which is what I use

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N53QC9F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That is a UK link so find something from the relevant Amazon store for your region. That particular glove is really nice, but there will be many others that are also equally good.
lewski
I had a similar problem at one point so I bought a glove like the one DrTrouserPlank linked. It worked pretty well and I'm sure I would've gotten used to my hand sliding on the tablet, but it made my hand sweat a lot in the summer so I stopped using it. Instead I put my mouse mat on top of my tablet, which fixed both problems.