forum

Danny Elfman - Breakfast Machine

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Doodley
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 7:34:02 PM

Artist: Danny Elfman
Title: Breakfast Machine
Source: Pee-wee's Big Adventure
BPM: 155.44
Filesize: 3851kb
Play Time: 02:31
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.96 stars, 319 notes)
  2. Normal (3.5 stars, 183 notes)
Download: Danny Elfman - Breakfast Machine
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
I think the timing is correct. It all sounds correct and plays fine, but it definitely feels like it could be tighter. Being an orchestral piece, as being composed by a composer and everything, it has multiple timing sections that are all within the 155-161 range rather than a metronome. So I think the best bet is to get as close as possible.

The timing I've implemented seems to be close enough that I can feel the slowdown near the end of the song and 300 every note, so I think it's correct in some areas. Still, could be checked, and I'm not a timing expert.

WIP EDIT HISTORY:
5/31: Normal added and the timing has been tweaked to be tighter.
6/12: Added Behonkiss' modding.
Behon
Try changing the first timing point's offset just a little, to 10,567. It felt a little early when I tried slowing it down and matching it to the beat. Some of the other timing points seem a little off when I slow things down to like 25%, but when I put it at normal speed and watch the hitcircles you placed, timing seems fine there.

Normal:

00:11:329 (3) - Consider putting this on the same horizontal plane as 1 to achieve a nice symmeterical effect from 1 to 3.
00:48:928 through 00:55:995 - These would all sound better if you extended the end of each slider 1/2 a beat further.
01:38:403 (2) - Either move this to the left a little more or put it directly beneath 1 - it looks a little wonky when it's just slightly off-center like that.
01:59:352 through 02:03:358 - Again, consider extending each slider half a beat.
02:15:116 (4) - Consider putting this on the same horizontal plane as 2.

Hard:

01:07:021 (6) - Making this section soft sound-wise is a little odd. This is done several times in this difficulty, so if you change one, you'll probably want to change them all.
02:25:365 (4) - Consider adding a clap to this...
02:25:549 (1) - ...and getting rid of the clap on this.
Topic Starter
Doodley

Behonkiss wrote:

Try changing the first timing point's offset just a little, to 10,567. It felt a little early when I tried slowing it down and matching it to the beat. Some of the other timing points seem a little off when I slow things down to like 25%, but when I put it at normal speed and watch the hitcircles you placed, timing seems fine there. Yeah. I'm not sure either. That's why I'm keeping this in WIP until I can get a timing expert to look at it. Your offset change really helped though, thank you.

Normal:

00:11:329 (3) - Consider putting this on the same horizontal plane as 1 to achieve a nice symmeterical effect from 1 to 3. Done.
00:48:928 through 00:55:995 - These would all sound better if you extended the end of each slider 1/2 a beat further. I was going to do that...done.
01:38:403 (2) - Either move this to the left a little more or put it directly beneath 1 - it looks a little wonky when it's just slightly off-center like that. Done.
01:59:352 through 02:03:358 - Again, consider extending each slider half a beat. Done.
02:15:116 (4) - Consider putting this on the same horizontal plane as 2. Done.

Hard:

01:07:021 (6) - Making this section soft sound-wise is a little odd. This is done several times in this difficulty, so if you change one, you'll probably want to change them all. I did that so as to alternate clap sounds. Keep.
02:25:365 (4) - Consider adding a clap to this... Done.
02:25:549 (1) - ...and getting rid of the clap on this. Done.
Thanks for the help!