forum

Weightlifting affecting pen aim accurancy?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
altbleak
Asking people who use pen and go to gym to either gain muscle mass or strength - Does your workout make it hard for you to not miss notes every 10th second on maps you could normally somewhat fc...

Even though I know the pool of people who go to gym to kill their body might be low on this playerbase I still know (hope) there are some and I'd just like to get (dis-)confirmation on the "is it just me?" part.
OneTrueDuceOK
Unless you are having trouble lifting your pen, then no. Muscle mass or working out hardly affects your pen aim because pen aim in depend on your hand's control not strength. If you didn't pull your muscle, then you're probably just rusty or not warmed up instead of being "affected" by workout. I've sometimes been exercising all day and after coming back to play some osu, my aim is the same (and maybe a little better bc we improve everyday) as yesterday.
Penguin
I don't use tablet, but going to the gym has no effect on my aim with mouse. The only way that I could see it affecting mouse aim is if you completely obliterated your shoulders, bi's, and tri's in the gym while using 400dpi palm grip and 1080p in osu. Really low senses that require aiming with your entire arm. I'm using 800dpi claw grip and 1080p, and I barely use my arm muscles. All wrist and fingers.
Topic Starter
altbleak
Yeah it isn't really a problem... it just feels like I need to re-learn my tablet area every time I do something arm related :|
0rdain
I'm usually okay as far as my pen aim goes post-workout. I actually kinda like playing after hitting the gym cuz my tapping hand is already warmed up lol. Just shake it out before you play and in between maps.
DXPOHIHIHI
I lift everyday whenever I go got home from school, and even on weekends so that's 7 days but there are obviously occasions where I can't lift because of occasions.

and No! lifting does not seem to affect pen aim.
Alongal
When I lift heavy weights, i cant play at all in like a half a day after going to the gym, the pen hand shakes and I feel both arms kinda shaky; so its normal if you cant properly play right after gym