Middle finger
+200bpm
+Constant stamina
-cant do complicated/strainy patterns

Index finger
+210bpm
+Can do complicated patterns
-Staminda drains alot quickly

I don't really know what finger I should use considering that maps get alot difficult and faster the more I improve.

I started singletapping using my middle but I find my index finger(stream starter) to be a quite faster but has low stamina.

So should I singletap using my index or should I stay with my middle?
lewski
You can just change fingers depending on what the map throws at you. If you do want to pick one finger to singletap with, though, it doesn't really matter, but if singletapping with your index finger drains your stamina too quickly for you to play maps comfortably it might be a good idea to stick with your middle finger.
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI

lewdski wrote:

You can just change fingers depending on what the map throws at you. If you do want to pick one finger to singletap with, though, it doesn't really matter, but if singletapping with your index finger drains your stamina too quickly for you to play maps comfortably it might be a good idea to stick with your middle finger.

Changing fingers on different maps is bad cause it ruins consistency
Daylight--
just alternate
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI

Daylight-- wrote:

just alternate

I started alternating when I started but I noticed my acc is shit so I transferred to being a singletapper and here I am now asking what finger should I use
k101817
Personally I use middle finger. Even though both fingers are touching Z and X your middle finger is more rigid due to having more length which makes it easier to control for me. It also allows you to flick your wrist/arm up and down for more speed which I don't think you can do with index. Also are you sure it isn't just your middle finger being tired which would make index seem faster since it's fully rested?

I'm still fairly low rank but
I think alternating is pretty bad unless you have to do 1/4 notes outside of a stream since with single tap you can just add your 2nd finger at the same tapping rate as the first. Alternating requires you to mentally calculate double tapping speed which is a lot harder and would result in less acc for streams. And if you can't single tap 1/2s you won't have the speed to do 1/4s since it's literally just twice the notes. Alternating would be good if you lack stamina I suppose, or if ur playing dt on a map with no 1/4s. But this is at the expense of brainpower that could be used to read the rhythm/note location better
im flat
try click x
lewski

szkiller wrote:

I was talking about using a different finger for different patterns inside each map, for example using the faster finger in 1/3 patterns and the more tenacious finger in the rest of the map.
k101817

lewdski wrote:

szkiller wrote:

I was talking about using a different finger for different patterns inside each map, for example using the faster finger in 1/3 patterns and the more tenacious finger in the rest of the map.

That's going to trash your consistency since you already have the patterns mentally mapped out already. Like z z z z for 1/2 singles, zxz for triplets and any variant where a slider end/head is a start/end in replacement of a z. For streams you would be alternating anyway. And basically theres only singles and streams fundamentally
Zain Sugieres
your middle is slower bc u use it more often but its also more used to tapping so you have more stamina in it, your index is just rested more