forum

Does hardware important to osu! gameplay?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
_ciff
From what i experience, when i play osu! in the internet cafe (with 165hz full hd monitor + mech keyboard,
logitech g102) i can sometime pass and fced some 4*hddt and 5*nomod map but when i play at my house(with 60hz sd laptop + mech keyboard, same mouse) i cant even fced a 3*nomod map. In fact, all of my top plays that i have are achieved when i play in the internet cafe. So, like the topic, does hardware have an impact on how good u are?
note: i suck in grammar so pardon me.
Daylight--
yes
Affirmativeee
Response time could be a reason. It may also just be the super decrease in refresh rate since one is 60hz and the other is 165hz. Also could be you are more comfortable in the cafe than at home so you are able to relax more and concentrate. If you aren't having significantly lower frames from one computer to the other then it could be those one of those three reasons.
Topic Starter
_ciff

Tickseed wrote:

Yes, because of input lag and the monitor refresh rate.
laptop sucks also stop using it

well i cant afford for a pc and a proper monitor rn so it's kinda unfortunate.
7ambda
Yes, but it only takes longer; it's not impossible.
ADelicateOrange
The answer to this question is Yes and No. But, in your case, you haven't given information to prove that it would benefit you.

OSU is a fast/slow-twitch aim game, which means that input lag is the last thing that we want in our experience. Higher Refresh Rates and possible FPS that our computers can push out will help in lowering that input-lag. However, if you are playing at <1.8ms on both areas, then hardware isn't a factor here.

You might just feel more relaxed at the PC Cafe compared to at home, and that could be enough of a factor to "improve" your baseline skill.
Endaris
The most important things are your I/O-devices, mainly your aimdevice and your audiooutput.
Monitor refreshrate is irrelevant below ~AR9.5 and thus irrelevant for you at your current levels. 60Hz TN panels (that's like the default cheap stuff) will almost always have an alright response time. There are several top players who have found no difference for themselves playing on 144Hz and 60Hz while others do.
But even then, mostly relevant for AR10+ if anything. Gamemodes like Taiko, Mania and CtB are much more likely to benefit from higher refreshrates.

More important than stuff like monitor and keyboard are usually settings in your OS, drivers for your I/O devices and generally speaking how much is going on in the background while playing osu! as this can impact the reaction time of your audio output.
mihari
It is not important. It does help, but is not needed. Mathi reached rank 1 with 60hz, someone is literally using an office mouse and is 2digit. Good equipment won't make you good.
im flat

Kissen wrote:

It is not important. It does help, but is not needed. Mathi reached rank 1 with 60hz, someone is literally using an office mouse and is 2digit. Good equipment won't make you good.

have u seen what mathi did after he got 240hz lmao
C15U

im flat wrote:

Kissen wrote:

have u seen what mathi did after he got 240hz lmao

He meant that if you suck at the game, it's not hardware fault. Sure it can help overall, but won't make you improve faster.
Implojin
You aren't even doing 5* fc's yet. You have a lot of room to improve, before your gear would be holding you back.

People can have good gear and garbage skill, or garbage gear and good skill.

Having good gear will make it easier to improve, but you still have to git gud. You can git gud on garbage gear, too, but it will be harder to improve past ~AR 10ish if you're fighting a bunch of i/o chain latency.