forum

Remove "Quote" button and quick reply bar while it's locked.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
DerekMcD
You read the title, right.

While any threads are locked, the "Quote" button and the quick reply bar should be removed. Because it makes sense.
For BATs/Admins, you can only have the "Edit" button in order to edit, unlock, remove, drag, or post. But it should appear only for BAT and admins

I hope y'all find the way to resolve this.

That's all I can say about this.
Thanks!

+Support

Koro McAlpine wrote:

Since the update arrived, I'll say... "Replace "Reply" button with "locked" while it's locked.
Sakura Hana Edit:
From the other thread:

CDFA wrote:

So I'm totally casually browsing the site, and I decide to browse the forums. I approach a thread that I had recently replied in, and I noticed it was closed

So I'm totally like "oh ok let's see the replies I didn't see when I was gone"

Then I notice at the top right, where it generally said "CLOSED", it still shows the reply button

It would be super cool and stuff if, when a thread was closed, the reply button would turn into a "closed" button, like it used to :D.
Jesss

Koro McAlpine wrote:

While any threads are locked, the "Quote" button and the quick reply bar should be removed. Because it makes sense.
For BATs/Admins, you can only have the "Edit" button in order to edit, unlock, remove, drag, or post. But it should appear only for BAT and admins

Thanks!

+Support
This cannot be classified as "Feature Request"...seems more like "Technical support" because you're reporting an issue.
Topic Starter
DerekMcD

Jesss wrote:

Koro McAlpine wrote:

Thanks!

+Support
This cannot be classified as "Feature Request"...seems more like "Technical support" because you're reporting an issue.
Well, I just post this journal right here though... They can move it to Technical Support" if this makes sense.
Aoko
^ I agree. Anyway, where ever, Support.
theowest
it makes sense. i don't see why not
Topic Starter
DerekMcD

theowest wrote:

it makes sense. i don't see why not
Yeah, it was similar to while a user was banned from dA, the comment box, "reply" button, and few button are removed.
MMzz
What if you want to copy/paste the quote for another thread?

I mean you could do it manually, but this saves time.
Topic Starter
DerekMcD

MMzz wrote:

What if you want to copy/paste the quote for another thread?

I mean you could do it manually, but this saves time.
If the thread's locked, you won't be able to go to the "quote" button to copy...
Papi Bear
Support!
Topic Starter
DerekMcD
Since the update arrived, I'll say... "Replace "Reply" button with "locked" while it's locked.
Sakura
Added CDFA's OP into this one too.
theowest

Sakura wrote:

Added CDFA's OP into this one too.
naw. that's so sweet of you. If any better duplicate exist elsewhere, I think what you have done here, should be done.