forum

The ^<>v Game

posted
Total Posts
show more
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
^ I’ve been doing that quite a lot recently, probably because I don’t really have anything to do, and that I simply like the feeling of nostalgia.

< Talking about nostalgia, I’ve been playing quite a few flash games that I used to play when I was young and it’s really sad for me to hear that flash is shutting down soon

> Flash tower defense games are the best

v You used to play flash game a lot

(edit: grammar stuff)
samX500
^ Back in the day I played them like crazy and even nowaday I still play them from time to time, a lot of flash game are actually very good and still stands up even today. I could see a lot of them being sold for cheap on steam.

< The site I used the most to play flash game was Andkon.

> It would be cool to have some company like Steam buy some of the good flash game so they don't die in the future.

v Feel nostalgic about flash game.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
^ Yes. I may play some game rn too

< I used to play shit tons of flash tower defense game when I was young like Gemcraft, BTD series, desktop TD, frontline defense, kingdom rush, etc.

> Flash platform games are pretty good too

v Your favorite flash game genre is tower defense
Nate Bait
^ Definitely, Bloons Tower Defense was all the rage back then. I remember when we were allowed free time after finishing work in elementary school, me and my classmates would jump on that right away.

< Recently hit #100k ranks on osu!, hoping to hit 5 digits soon

> rawr x3

v Your favourite pastime in elementary school (or when you were younger) was Cool Math Games.
samX500
^ No, I have never heard of that website.

< I am only 18 but I don't remember much of myself when I was in elementary school except that I was really toxic.

> Bloon tower defense is the best tower defense game I have ever played.

v Still play flash game from time to time because of nostalgia
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
^ Yes. They are quite fun too so it is not just like I play it just for the purpose of feeling nostalgic

< I used to play flash game on agame.com

> Talking about nostalgia, strategy game was my shit back in the days. Games like age of empire or heroes of miht and magic III were and still are some of my favorite game of all time

v You had a console when you were young
vinnicci
^ nope, i grew up with symbian phones and pc
< i preferred mobile games over gameboy advance. For flash games i mostly played those downloaded packs
> mobile games back then were literally IAP and ad free
v do you know the flash games pack i'm talking about
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
^ Don’t really know if what I’m thinking of is the same as yours. I remembered having my relative downloaded a bunch of miniclip games on my pc and they look flash-esque

< Although I played flash game a lot, I didn’t even aware of idle game genre

> And I never understand them too, even after watching a 30 mins video about why people play idle games

v You don’t understand idle genre either
vinnicci
^ i can understand, it was a niche i found appealing from the start
< my first idle game was cookie clicker, i literally spent weeks playing and/or letting it idle on the background
> and stopped on my first undecillion cookie
v you had game sessions that lasted 12+ hours.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
^ Yes. My most recent one was when I tried to map a map pack in osu

< Talking about mapping, it takes way too long for me to finish a map

> Though the process is tedious, it is quite fun

v You have a ranked map in osu
Nate Bait
^ No, but been trying to aspire for ranked a lot recently.

< I'm a perfectionist, probably the main reason why I take so long to finish maps as I try to be consistent with concepts and stuff

> anything at all i don't really have anything else to say

v You have at least 1000pp on the gamemode you mainly play
samX500
^ I do, though 1000 pp really isn't hard, if you play the game a little seriously you will get that amount in no time. I mean I am way above that amount and I am still a fucking garbage player.

< Recently I have been using the forums much more than actually playing osu!

> Euphoniums are the best instrument

v You like euphonium
Achromalia
^ never watched the anime. might get around to it someday, but i kind of doubt it.

< i'm not sure how well we're going to fare in the next few weeks. i'm also fairly apprehensive about school and shit. it's not really the greatest environment for working on music and art.

> the piano is the best instrument. reliable and expressive.

v you've watched Orange.
Keiga
^ Nope. Never got around to it.
< I sleep way too much. It's probably not a good thing.
> アイスクリーム大好き
v You need Google Translate to understand what I typed above.
PokeSky
^ I know gojuon and chinese so I can guess what u want to say, jk I use Google Translate
<I love pokemon
>what is ur main mode and what mode do u play most except the main mode?
v are u trying to answer the question in ">"
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
^ I’m not trying to answer the question in >

< We got some guests over our house today. It was quite fun for the first hour and after that, it was tiresome

> Why do human procrastinate

v You play any of the game in smash bros series
Nate Bait
^ ...yes :p
Almost all the time I play on STD, however sometimes I also like to mess around in the smaller difficulties of Taiko.
ninja'd I have, only Brawl a few times. We also have Melee in our game collection, however I've yet to play that

< about to go back to school in 3 days, but my sleep schedule's a bit broken

> e

v You have a two-story house?
tsundilemma
^ nah, 1 floor apartment.

< oof just cut my nails to try and get better at this cursed circle game...just beat my previous score record on a dream solister map :D

> oof oof oof oof

v really likes pizza rolls?
samX500
^ No, I am not too fond of pizza.

< I am starting to be out of time to finish coding my go game before school starts, I really want to finish it by then cause I'd like to show my classmate my project.

> go is the best strategy board game of all time.

v You play go
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
^ Nope. OwO what's that?

< Talking about project, when will I finish my map pack project :/

> Osu apparently doesn't like when you map map pack. It always screws itself up whenever I try to make one

v You map
tsundilemma
^ haha no. wish i could tho, seems fun!

< hopefully i don't screw up school again, last year was my goof off year and it s u c k e d.

> onions. have. layers.

v you own a pet of any kind?
Achromalia
^ ...used to.

in my lifetime, i've lived with about four birds and two turtles.

all of the birds died eventually, sometimes as a result of another's death. we buried 'em all next to each other in a little area of the backyard.

after we moved, and i was left with nowhere to go but a friend's house for a month or two, i would never see my turtles again.

< tired. making some music for another big project of mine i had for a while, i might actually be able to make this happen.

> starcraft 2 is fun and all, but it kills the mood when HotS and LotV aren't included in the free-to-play package. i suppose that's only fair, they worked damn hard on all the games.

v you likely have never owned a pet.
Minion24
^ wrong i have 2 dogs
< got eliminated from a tournament today
> azer isn't so great? are you kidding me?
v you actively play another gamemode besides your main one
Achromalia
^ i don't even play osu anymore at this point.

< i managed to sleep for 4 hours, idk how i managed get so much done, but i s'pose i'm won't be complaining too much.

> what if producers didn't deal with trivial drama and suddenly have their hard work striked off the platform just because it's a damn remix with stems that were fucking FREE?

v has heard of onumi's music.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
^ Not really. Know some of onumi’s song from hearing the preview on osu but based on what I’ve heard, they are some good shit

< I didn’t sleep very well since we have a baby at our house and everyone is so loud in the morning

> Communicating with other people can be exhausting

v You listen to Fang
Achromalia
^ never heard of Fang.

< i've slept well enough to get back some energy, but i was damn exhausted yesterday. i don't think i'm really doin' all that well today, but i'll try.

> there's so much shit to be done.

v you've heard of rabbitsquirrel's music.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
^ Never heard of rabbitsquirrel

< I think I’m going to be lazy today

> But there’s so much shit to be done

v You listen to Aran
Achromalia
^ never heard of Aran.

< i'll probably do some more work with SFX today.

> let's get somethin' done.

v you've heard of hyi's music.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
^ Hyi I know hyi music. Quite good actually

< Having to push myself to do work today

> IB diploma is stupid

v You listen to Void
MiharuUwU
^ what is this void, sounds edgy

<omg im old

>work is overrated

v you prefer pancakes to waffles
samX500
^ Absolutely

< I am almost done working on my go game

> Pretty late to answer your question AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH but go is a 1 v 1 strategy board game. Here's the wikipedia page if you are interested

v You know how to code
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
^ Yes. Know pretty much the badic and can do some stuff

< My emotion is so mixed rn

> Ohhhhhh so Go is like Reversi but bigger

v You play board game a lot
Tad Fibonacci
> Not really, though there was a time when I played chess pretty frequently.

< Coffee is supposed to be black, hot and bitter imo. Iced coffee or milk coffee just tastes wrong to me.

> Anything at all.

v You can type 90-120 wpm.
Achromalia
^ partially depends on the keyboard-- but no, generally my WPM count is around 50-70 WPM. had a screenshot of a test where i wound up with 60-something or 70-something words per minute on an old laptop :c

< i absolutely suck at productivity :c

> nothing at all.

v you can't type any faster than 80 WPM.
samX500
^ I just took a test to check since I never thought about it and my result was 48. It probably isn't too reliable since it's just one try and writing random text takes lnoger than text that you thought off. Despite that I don't think I am a particularly fast writer, I don't use any fast typing technique (I know those exist) and I almost never use either of my pinkies wether it is to write or to even play game.

< I have been looking over euphonium on amazon recently to find a good one to buy. I was also thinking of checking on other website but I don't know any other since I don't often order items from the internet.

> Brass instrument are the best instruments.

v You think that brass instruments are the best.
Achromalia
^ gomenesai. piano master race.

< i've been incredibly unproductive the past two days. eugh. i need to get those base sprites finished.

> drink some water.

v you think the piano's a pretty great instrument.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
^ Piano master race

< I’m flying to the US tomorrow. Independence, here I come

> Piano sounds can be used in so many way

v Talking about piano, you listen to Ice

(Since there are many composer named ice, here’s one song of his)
samX500
^ Never heard of him, I'll check out the song you posted while writing this.

< I have just received my school scedule and I am fairly pleased with it. I am especially happy that I managed to get the thermodinamics and astrophysics course, as that course isn't supposed to be in my program and I could have missed out on it.

> Your song sounds pretty good.

v You don't play osu! very often and mostly use the forums.
Achromalia
^ yep. i used to be fairly active, but ended up just not really caring about the game that much, plus i ended up with shitty mouses and stuff and diff laptops, losing my songs. that, and i was busy.

< i just forgot to finish this before the edit.

> please end me

v you happen to have a friend circle primarily made up of girls.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
^ Back in Vietnam, yes. In fact most of my friends all girls there. But in the US, it is vice versa.

< I hate having jetlag. It's so annoying

> School starts in 2 days nooooooooooooooooo

v You prefer digital copies over CDs
show more