forum

Mouse Sensitivity + Full Alternating Problems

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
vSanguine
So from my profile y'all can see that I'm a noob trying hard to improve. I'm so damn tempted to ask why the hell am I still stuck on below 3.5* maps but ik 'play more' is the best tip. Still, it hurts oof.

Anyways I wanted to ask about your mouse sensitivity. I have a 1000 DPI mouse and In osu! I play with 1.3x sensitivity (with raw input on obv). Is this too high?/too low? and if so, what sensitivity would you personally recommend? Thank you in advance.

Secondly, I'm a full alternater and I'm the OCD full alternater type meaning at the end of any map, my Z & X keypresses shall be equal or differ by 1 (I personally use Q & W btw, it helps)
And I'm well educated on the fact that this style is hard to master so I'm not here to ask how to master it. Ik the answer is 'play more' and 'play different kinds of beatmaps'
What I have a problem with is that sometimes when I'm hitting a triple, I'll either go ZXZ or XZX right? but sometimes my middle finger (the one on Z, or Q for me) just twitches in place, meaning it will trigger but it will not press down on the key and I have no freaking idea why. My hands aren't cold or frozen, I have plenty of confidence and everytime this happens, it's just so damn painful. How do you propose I get over this except 'play more' ? Like, finger exercises or smth?

Any replies shall be much appreciated. Have a nice day lol.

P.S : What skins do ya guys use? Here's mine : https://osuskins.info/skin?s=2322
UnnamedBeast
1. sensitivity is whatever is comfortable. if you find 16000 dpi at 5x comfortable use it.

2. you don't have finger control therefore you suck at triples. i'm assuming you're bad at streams as well. play these maps from 120-140bpm.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aQ0myjCDfM6AGu8vhrTFc_Fw7H7Y-Moda-PGeXu_3bY/edit?richtext=true#gid=0

related to your play more you should play enough till you can 99% acc fc most maps in your diff level, you should never retry, and you should play as many long maps as you can.

if you ever feel bad at streams use the spreadsheet and do the maps. if you wanna improve your streaming speed do faster burst maps instead of trying to practice stamina. think of it like strength, you practice with heavier weights, not the same weight but more reps, that just makes you more resistant.
Topic Starter
vSanguine

UnnamedBeast wrote:

1. sensitivity is whatever is comfortable. if you find 16000 dpi at 5x comfortable use it.

2. you don't have finger control therefore you suck at triples. i'm assuming you're bad at streams as well. play these maps from 120-140bpm.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aQ0myjCDfM6AGu8vhrTFc_Fw7H7Y-Moda-PGeXu_3bY/edit?richtext=true#gid=0

related to your play more you should play enough till you can 99% acc fc most maps in your diff level, you should never retry, and you should play as many long maps as you can.

if you ever feel bad at streams use the spreadsheet and do the maps. if you wanna improve your streaming speed do faster burst maps instead of trying to practice stamina. think of it like strength, you practice with heavier weights, not the same weight but more reps, that just makes you more resistant.

Oooof That's hella helpful, thanks a lot!

Also regarding Accuracy and FCing maps, I usually get 96%-99.5% on 3.00-3.10* maps and I'm able to FC them but a lot of times I end up having either 1 slider break or 1 miss.I can pass 3.50-3.89* maps with 92%-97% accuracy with B's or A's.

So which shall be more efficient in your opinion? :-
1) Playing 3.00-3.10* maps till I can FC most of them with 99% acc.
2) Play outside my comfort zone on 3.5* maps, improve on those, jump back to 3.00-3.10* maps and FC em with 99% acc. Then similarly git gud on 3.8* maps, jump back to 3.5* maps and ace.
N0thingSpecial
Sensitivity is trial and error, there’s a top mouse player stat list which includes what sensitivity they use, you can see if their set up fits you

As for the streams or burst, find a bpm that you’re comfortable with, so that you can be intuitive with your tapping, then start slowly increase or decrease the bpm to train stamina or finger control respectively, twitching could be cause by the bpm being too slow so you can get a feel for what bpm you’re comfortable with
dung eater
Too low or high is when you think it is too low or high. Try something differend for a few weeks and you will see the difference. If you aren't used to it comparing how it feels has little point.
UnnamedBeast

vSpecky wrote:

UnnamedBeast wrote:

Oooof That's hella helpful, thanks a lot!

Also regarding Accuracy and FCing maps, I usually get 96%-99.5% on 3.00-3.10* maps and I'm able to FC them but a lot of times I end up having either 1 slider break or 1 miss.I can pass 3.50-3.89* maps with 92%-97% accuracy with B's or A's.

So which shall be more efficient in your opinion? :-
1) Playing 3.00-3.10* maps till I can FC most of them with 99% acc.
2) Play outside my comfort zone on 3.5* maps, improve on those, jump back to 3.00-3.10* maps and FC em with 99% acc. Then similarly git gud on 3.8* maps, jump back to 3.5* maps and ace.

2 would be best but instead of focusing always on 1 do a few maps 3.1, a few 3.5, and back to back like that
akhamster
Hi. I'm an aspiring pure alternator as well (on mouse/keyboard). Currently I've started to be able to sight read some 5* songs. Mouse is entirely preference. For example, my dpi is 800 with 0.70 in game sensitivity. Don't assume your sensitivity preference will stay constant though. I started Osu a year ago with 1600 dpi at 1.0 in game sensitivity.

To help you get into the rhythm of the song, try not moving the mouse until you're already pressing your finger down. That way your mouse hand should almost automatically snap to the note. By waiting until you're pressing your finger down you're inadvertently creating an explicit time frame for the mouse to move whatever distance it needs to. You measure time with your left hand (tapping hand) and distance with your right hand (mouse hand). This method has helped me immensely in terms of staying in the rhythm as well as accuracy. Only problem is it's kind of slow.

To help you in an overall sense: don't worry about FC or accuracy. Always be sight reading. Sight reading will help you develop a better playing iq (game sense? idk what to call it). Every now and then try playing a song 1 star above you. You'd be surprised how quickly your brain can acclimate.

Hope this helps and I hope you get better. =)