forum

learning mods

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Smerfik
So my question is - how to learn mods? i can read AR10 without any problems, but AR9 + HR is unreadable for me, getting bad acc on every map like 90-92%, trying to play on every map HR to train this, even trying to AR9.5 + HRHD/AR10 + HR, HD is even worse sometimes shitmiss after fast jumps cuz didn't see when stream is ending or starting, DT on 4*+ maps are unpassable for me, can stream 210BPM and tap like 190-200bpm but im feeling like my eyes are too slow for some parts, that's why im asking on forum how i should train mods and maybe someone got nice maps for smth like that.
KupcaH
You get good at nomod first. And only then you should try out mods.

Play more nomod for now.
Topic Starter
Smerfik
What do you mean by getting good at nomod first? When i'll know if im good enough? Atm i can pass 6-7* maps and fc 5-6* maps while tryharding so tell me what i should achieve to think that im enough good to play mods.
mulraf
i don't think you have to have a certain level in order to learn mods. you can start osu for the first time and go ahead if you want. when i started i always randomly played with random mods even though i focused on nomod. rn if you forced me to i could play all mods somewhat decent (except for fl).
but yeah, hr and dt are on the harder side for me too. i tried learning it some time ago. try reading this: https://puu.sh/unB20/caee7b883d.pdf . the most important thing for me was the following: "YOU ARE HERE TO LEARN HARD ROCK, NOT HIDDEN. PLAY WITHOUT HIDDEN WHEN LEARNING HARD ROCK". did this guide help me personally? well i didn't follow it religiously but i got slightly better, the biggest improvement for me, however, was that my acc improved drastically after playing after this guide for some time and switching back to nomod after that.
Topic Starter
Smerfik
I read it already, i found this somehow interesting and gonna learn with that, but im very confident with my aim as long as mouse will not slip away too much while playing 1.3min+ map. Still waiting for some tips, more quality tips = better.
Important question for me - im using K70 with silver switches and what's the best way to stream 220BPM+? I saw Rafis clip where he wasn't even clicking key to the base, he was just clicking on it with smallest force just to activate switch.
Im mouse player so any tips about mouse which can help me even abit i'll apreciate
mulraf
idk i'm a mouse player too, my mouse drift problem got solved by going higher dpi / sens. i used to have this issue, it's not just a bit better - it's gone completely. but i know playing with higher dpi / sens will go against what lots of other people say on the forums so yeah, take that with a grain of salt. also for me personally switching my mousepad every like at least year is important but i also know that people are high rank and play on a sheet of paper so nothing generally applicable again.
as for high bpm streaming i'm sorry, i suck at it too so i can't help with that :P

but just so that i can say something universally usefull, i hope this isn't common knowledge anyways, to me it wasn't: always alt out ouf (fast) repeat sliders, even if you usually never alt. i never lose combos to those again!
KupcaH

Smerfik wrote:

What do you mean by getting good at nomod first? When i'll know if im good enough? Atm i can pass 6-7* maps and fc 5-6* maps while tryharding so tell me what i should achieve to think that im enough good to play mods.
When you're gonna be able to 99%+OD 9 high five star maps. (Not tv-sizes)
HR is mostly about OD 10, so you should be able to acc OD 9 perfectly.

I have no tips for DT tbh, I personally started to play it after I've gained like 5k pp from nomod, and it wasn't that problematic for me to learn.

You can enable and play with HD anytime you want though.

mulraf wrote:

i don't think you have to have a certain level in order to learn mods. you can start osu for the first time and go ahead if you want. when i started i always randomly played with random mods even though i focused on nomod. rn if you forced me to i could play all mods somewhat decent (except for fl).

but yeah, hr and dt are on the harder side for me too. i tried learning it some time ago. try reading this: https://puu.sh/unB20/caee7b883d.pdf . the most important thing for me was the following: "YOU ARE HERE TO LEARN HARD ROCK, NOT HIDDEN. PLAY WITHOUT HIDDEN WHEN LEARNING HARD ROCK". did this guide help me personally? well i didn't follow it religiously but i got slightly better, the biggest improvement for me, however, was that my acc improved drastically after playing after this guide for some time and switching back to nomod after that.
It's pretty much pointless to rush into HR on early stages. You'll waste a lot of time and your improvement at HR will be way too insignificant. It's much better to take things step by step.
Topic Starter
Smerfik
Can you link me any map no tv size, 9od? Got only tv sizes cuz its hard for me to play long maps on mouse its slipping away from my hand after 2 mins or fast long jumps. Training HD is easier on 9.5-10ar i guess? It'll be easier for me if someone will watch me playing and telling me what im doing wrong and need train but it can be too much xd

Mulfar, im trying to use alt everytime when i think i need to do that, sometimes even on jumps i need to use alt for some sliders to not sb, but still on DT its hard, i just panics and trying to single tap everything xdd
Feylos
N0thingSpecial
SS an OD8 long map before tackling OD10 lmao, reading AR 10 is only half the challenge.

Also take it slow I only started playing HR when I was 4 digit rank
Topic Starter
Smerfik
I won't ever SS any map lol, even on 4.5* maps im getting random 100 cuz out of rhytm or smth, im aiming at 97-99acc, not 100.

TYVM for maps! Gonna play it now;p
N0thingSpecial

Smerfik wrote:

I won't ever SS any map lol, even on 4.5* maps im getting random 100 cuz out of rhytm or smth, im aiming at 97-99acc, not 100.

TYVM for maps! Gonna play it now;p

You can’t get random 100s, you get them because your tapping consistency is non existent and you’re reliant on reaction for tapping. At least aim for 99.5% or above, if you can’t at least consistently do that you’re not going to be able to handle OD10
Feylos
If you turn on the hit error bar or whatever, you can see where these 'random' 100s end up. I found out whenever I get nervous I start tapping earlier, hence more 100s. Whatever the case may be for you, the hit error bar can help you be conscious of it, and correct it