forum

Question on length buff

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mulraf
o/
does anybody know whether the upcoming length buff pp change will only affect the current top 100 pp scores or more?
bc some of my scores get really nerfed so that my future #100 score would be 165PP (according to xexxar's profile calc exe). i bet if every single score i ever did would be calculated and the top 100 of those would get counted, i would probably be getting a lot more. also i'm really carefull currently to set new top scores bc a.) they could be really, really bad with the new system and b.) they could kick other maps out of my current list that could potentially be better after the buff (which already happened).
i know, i know, who cares.
me.
mihari
The length change would affect every play you ever did, so scores outside of your top 100 might enter your top 100 scores after the change (if it ever happens). This is the case with every change to the PP system.
robin
how do you know about future updates?
Topic Starter
mulraf

robin wrote:

how do you know about future updates?

well if you mean the length buff: https://youtu.be/fy69cyduOTo?t=90
if you mean what kissen just answered i'd like to know too :D but thanks, that's good to hear :3
Justified
Unfortunately, I don't think the length buff will be arriving as soon as you think it will even though I really hate having cbcc as my top play
mihari
Maps themselves will be recalculated, as well as every play on them. It was like this when the HD rebalance hit a few months ago and it will be the same with every future pp adjustment aswell, it simply wouldn't make any sense otherwise.
Justified

Kissen wrote:

Maps themselves will be recalculated, as well as every play on them. It was like this when the HD rebalance hit a few months ago and it will be the same with every future pp adjustment aswell, it simply wouldn't make any sense otherwise.

Yeah I understand that. I was just restating the fact that if the algorithm of the length buff/nerf does not change, then cbcc will not become my top play (hopefully) based on MBmasher's profile calc that was released a month ago (However, I'm 99% sure there's gonna be new adjustments anyways).