forum

[Archived] EXTREME LAG WHEN GAME IS PLAYED

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Merami Fox
Problem details:
i am having a problem with osu gameplay. this has only started after i got a new wireless headset(i think this is irrelevent)
when i go into a map it uses about 99 percent cpu and lags. before you even think about telling me to install windows updates and enable compatability mode, my windows version is latest and i have tried compatibility mode, got same result. the weird thing is i can play fortnite just fine at like 50 fps. i am assuming the lag is due to star rating calculations as most of my maps dont have stars calculated when i play them as of right now, but i ran them on another osu client(mcosu by the way)and its just fine. although it only loaded 100 maps out of my total 4000 mapsets.

system specifications
intel core i3 3.1 ghz cpu
samsung 500 gig ssd
void pro wireless headset(if needed)
windows 7 service pack 3
16 gigs ddr3 ram
gt 1030 gpu
2 1600-900 mobitors

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20181221.4 (latest)
Daylight--
Try these:
Turn on fullscreen and letterboxing
Set osu priority in task manager to high
Close down everything else in the background
i don't think this is needed but try with the headset off
I have another laptop with even worse specs, and it can run osu at 240fps at 1.2ms with no SR calculation lag.
Topic Starter
Merami Fox
ok before posting this updated info.
i need to ask
how many total beatmaps do you have
i have 15k
setting prority levels wont help anything as the program uses 100 percent cpu in the first place. also the headset is irrelevent becouse i can my games just fine with it.
i have tried turning on letterboxing, it let me play like 20 secounds before(what im assuming is sr lag occurs.when im on the title screen only like 15 percent cpu is used(at least when i start it up)
im just updating the information
but if you can please answer the question that would lead me to understand my problem better, weather it is just sr lag or something else
Daylight--
I have 4k maps. Maybe you're running out of space on your SDD?
Death
Can you try grouping your maps by difficulty on the song selection screen and seeing if there is anything in the "Not yet calculated group"? Would look something like this: