forum

this mapset is disgustingly overweighted

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Brainage
calling all DT scrub farmers, I just got my a 325pp score first try (my first 300 btw, also nearly a 7 star FC with DT) on this mapset - https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/842412

By FCing 2 of the 4 I played, I gained nearly 300 raw pp in the span of 20 minutes, gaining over 7k ranks.
Farm this mapset, it's honestly easy ranks (if you play for those in the first place)

Edit: it was actually 2/4 FCs:
7ambda
who cares

Camellia just became featured artist

play his songs
KupcaH
Wow, imagine saying that Sotarks' harumachi clover is overweighted! No one knew that, damn! Not like this map is second in most played maps top or anything.

Also, net pp*
Topic Starter
Brainage

KupcaH wrote:

Wow, imagine saying that Sotarks' harumachi clover is overweighted! No one knew that, damn! Not like this map is second in most played maps top or anything.

Also, net pp*

my bad, i thought it was called raw pp

also I've played lots of Sotarks' mapsets and this one seems to be quite overweighted compared to his other mapsets. All of his mapsets are moderately overweighted, but this one is definitely the most imo
Finana Ryugu

Brainage wrote:

my bad, i thought it was called raw pp

net pp = pp that affects your rank
raw pp = pp before being weighted
your top 4 plays have 1035 raw pp, but 900 net pp
mihari
The upcoming adjustment to the PP-System will nerf this mapset quite a bit, don't worry.
Daylight--
[deleted]
mihari
The upcoming pp changes fix a lot of problems while unfortunately bringing a few problems with it, however the good changes outweigh the bad, overall I think it's a good update.
samX500
can someone please link me to the discussion about pp change, I have heard many people mention it but I haven't been able to find it in the osu forums and google only shows outdated result.
Daylight--

samX500 wrote:

can someone please link me to the discussion about pp change, I have heard many people mention it but I haven't been able to find it in the osu forums and google only shows outdated result.

it's on reddit
mihari

samX500 wrote:

https://discordapp.com/invite/ppy

check #osu-performance
Shoy
Just looks like the 2k18ChocoCookie to me.

There's always mapsets that are way overweighted, others that are way underweighted, it wont changes 'til the pp system works the same way.

When a 20s DT play with an ugly accuracy can give you way more PP than a 5min song with a single break at 2-3min in, even with 99+% accuracy, I can't see how the PP system is still "rewarding" for the lambda player.
____
Example : I stucked at 3.7k pp for months playing 3-5min maps at 4.5*-5*; and finally I did some TV size maps around 5.5*, it took me no more than 4 days to earn 300 net PP and get 4k.
From my point of view, the 5min plays on 4.9-5* stars at 98% acc and 1 sliderbreak are way more enjoyable and should be more rewarded than the 1min play at 5.4* with the same accuracy.

In the facts, the 5min play with a sliderbreak in the middle will give something like 130-140pp, the 1min TV size play at 5.4-5.5*, as long as it's FC or almost FC, will give around 190-200pp.

That "Combo out of Max combo" value in the PP system just screw it up imo.
im flat
fc highest diff and say that again
worst fl player
shoe
Justified
Accuracy game when
abraker
unranked > ranked

oh wait wrong gamemode
still rank is a number
N0thingSpecial
peepee big owo nuzzles necky wecky
mulraf
you want to know what's disgustingly overweighted? your mo okay, sorry, no, kimi no bouken https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/869019#osu/1816243 . yes, the 7,37* diff. no i'm not talking about overweighted for your average 7* 3-digit, overweighted as in a 50k player can potentially fc this, get 300pp+ and not get nerfed much by the upcoming pp update.
also super driver will get BUFFED. lol wut.