forum

[resolved] Tablet is not working properly with duel Monitor setup (Resolved)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rocket_slim
I go to load Osu! and I have on my main center monitor, Osu! is in 1920x1080 Borderless and for whatever the reason is, the tablet seems to find the center monitor (my main monitor) but when i click Osu! itself, it does not show up and is on the left side monitor and cannot interact with Osu! on the main center one,I have already set the center monitor to be the main display also, I do not know what to do at this point and feel stumped as to how this issue can be fixed.

osu! version: Stable 20181221.4 (latest)
Nigrod
did you try enabling "Map absolute raw input to the osu! window"?
Topic Starter
Rocket_slim

Nigrod wrote:

did you try enabling "Map absolute raw input to the osu! window"?

I did that and it did not help the cursor however seems stuck at the top left corner now, and will not budge but my mouse works perfectly fine, I even unplugged my 2nd monitor and test around to see if that was the issue but it seems that it still continues to do the same as it has been doing.
Nigrod
For "Screen Area" (In your tablet's Control Panel) can you set it to all screens? If so try that and see if it works.
Topic Starter
Rocket_slim

Nigrod wrote:

For "Screen Area" (In your tablet's Control Panel) can you set it to all screens? If so try that and see if it works.

I tried to do this, and it does not work, it keeps it on the left monitor still and wont even go over to the main one. I even uninstalled my Cd drivers for my tablet and just went to the online website and got the latest drivers for it and even that did nothing to help lol.
Tobias Leander
Have u tried to disable windows ink. https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/590367
Topic Starter
Rocket_slim

Tobias Leander wrote:

Have u tried to disable windows ink. https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/590367

It seemed to work, but now my Cursor whenever i try to play Osu! it jumps to the second monitor at random but at the very least this indeed helped.
Nigrod
Did you set it back to one monitor?
Topic Starter
Rocket_slim

Nigrod wrote:

Yes I did.
Nigrod

Rocket_slim wrote:

Nigrod wrote:

Yes I did.

I take it as you turned off raw input to right?
Topic Starter
Rocket_slim

Nigrod wrote:

Rocket_slim wrote:

Nigrod wrote:

Yes I did.

Correct. and i tested a song and whenever i try to play it, it will jump off my screen to the other monitor.
Elanie

Rocket_slim wrote:

Nigrod wrote:

Rocket_slim wrote:

Nigrod wrote:

Yes I did.

Correct. and i tested a song and whenever i try to play it, it will jump off my screen to the other monitor.

You have to make sure that the tablet is mapped to only your main monitor and not both. Also, raw input must be off (which you did).

If your mouse is turned on, it may be the cause why your cursor jumps to the other monitor as the mouse can detect any (tiny) movement and switches to the position where your mouse was placed (which is the other monitor). Thus, during gameplay, I always turn off my mouse.
Nigrod

Rocket_slim wrote:

Nigrod wrote:

Rocket_slim wrote:

Nigrod wrote:

Yes I did.

What happens if you force proportions?
Tobias Leander
Enable 'Map Absolute Raw Input' in osu settings and keep your sens at x1, also make sure windows ink is disabled.
Topic Starter
Rocket_slim

-Chika Takami- wrote:

Rocket_slim wrote:

Nigrod wrote:

Rocket_slim wrote:

Nigrod wrote:

Yes I did.

You have to make sure that the tablet is mapped to only your main monitor and not both. Also, raw input must be off (which you did).

If your mouse is turned on, it may be the cause why your cursor jumps to the other monitor as the mouse can detect any movement and switches to the position where your mouse was placed. Thus, during gameplay, I always turn off my mouse.

And ill be sure to do that Tobias Leander.

It did not work, it still jumps off the screen to the other monitor when i try to play a song.
Nigrod
Also try having force proportion on because it can help sometimes
Tobias Leander
issue solved.
Topic Starter
Rocket_slim

Nigrod wrote:

Also try having force proportion on because it can help sometimes

Thanks, o/ the issue was solved :D
for whatever reason, it seems the issue was my tablet properties interfering with one another.

you can see from the Image above that the all other tab was messing up with the Osu tab somehow and was conflicting with the different properties that the other had in place, so i got rid of the Osu tab in the tablet properties but I followed previous steps an as such did some tests to see if that was the issue and it was but thank you all for the information and hope you all have a Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays. thank you all for your help, and sorry for putting anyone through this roller-coaster lol.
Elanie
Yes, you have to make sure that the tablet area configurations is for All Apps, so as to make sure there are no conflicts in the cursor position when moving to different apps. For my setup, it applies to “All Apps”. At least you were able to solve your own problem :)

If you have force proportions on, then the tablet area will be adjusted to 16:9, or 16:10 (depends) to match the aspect ratio of the selected monitor. Also, to get better at osu!, don’t keep changing tablet area. Just get used to your tablet area.