forum

[duplicate] osu! Skin Search Bar

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +8
Topic Starter
vincent77
Imagine this; you're trying to find a very important file within a huge dump of random files. There's no way to search for it and even if you were to try scroll through every file, it would take too long. But now, that is a reality. Today, osu!'s skinning community has produced tons of skins and surely has many people downloading several skins at once. Because of this, most users will end up with piles and piles of skins. Eventually there would be a pile too big that it would be too time-consuming to just scroll search for the desired skin. That's where an osu! Skin Search Bar would come in handy. Instead of having to scroll through endless amounts of skins, one would be able to just search up the skin name and have it appear almost instantaneously. It would be a huge help to people who have large amounts of skin files and be much more convenient in general.

If you're too lazy to read the paragraph, the shorter version of it is here
osu! needs a search bar inside of it's client for skins. Many people have many skins downloaded these days and sometimes have too much to the point where it's too time consuming to search. It would be a great help to this community if we were to have one.
abraker
related: https://github.com/ppy/osu-web/issues/61

this is extendable to the client
-Aku

Etherealx17 wrote:

Imagine this; you're trying to find a very important file within a huge dump of random files. There's no way to search for it and even if you were to try scroll through every file, it would take too long. But now, that is a reality. Today, osu!'s skinning community has produced tons of skins and surely has many people downloading several skins at once. Because of this, most users will end up with piles and piles of skins. Eventually there would be a pile too big that it would be too time-consuming to just scroll search for the desired skin. That's where an osu! Skin Search Bar would come in handy. Instead of having to scroll through endless amounts of skins, one would be able to just search up the skin name and have it appear almost instantaneously. It would be a huge help to people who have large amounts of skin files and be much more convenient in general.

If you're too lazy to read the paragraph, the shorter version of it is here
osu! needs a search bar inside of it's client for skins. Many people have many skins downloaded these days and sometimes have too much to the point where it's too time consuming to search. It would be a great help to this community if we were to have one.

i have 150 skins and more and more coming. PLEASE PLEASE ADD THIS
Rikii
It would be great, but not necessary.

Let's say I downloaded 100 maps. I tried them and love like 15 of them but I still want to keep the ones I don't like just in case I want to go crazy. I would prefer renaming the skins I chose with something like "__skin main"or "__skin hentai hidden" and it will always be on top so I can find the easily instead of remembering the name and trying to search it in game.
Pawsu
Pretty sure you're talking about Search Bar for Skins!

Let me know if I misunderstood.