forum

How Long Have you Been Playing?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CashinClean
Hi, i'm still kinda new to osu and I was wondering how long you guys have been playing. Also what difficulties you've been doing after that long. For me, after 6 months of playing i've been able to beat 6* maps, i'm not sure if i'm making good progress in the game. That's why I wanted to know from you guys. Thanks!
abraker

CashinClean wrote:

after 6 months of playing i've been able to beat 6* maps, i'm not sure if i'm making good progress in the game.
No progress at all, perhaps even negative progress. Beating the maps means little. To have a good play means you full combo the map. Learn to full combo maps starting from lower difficulties.
MisakiTobisawa-
Don't listen to him he's a mania player lol

My profile suggests I've played for almost a year and a third, but I only actually got into the game in the middle of March this year, so you could say I've played for about 8 months. Passing a 6* with 6 months of progress is not bad, so just keep at it. (I'd probably be 90k now if I never took up mapping, lol)
Juuuuuuuuul
Play Time: 756 hours,
installed the game 9 months ago.
playing diffs from 3* to 4*
Totoruu
I started playing standard seriously since this april and after 7 months I can beat most 5* star map in full combo but I'm still a noobie with 6* maps.

Stay cool and keep improving, beating a 6* map after 6 months is a good thing ;)
Topic Starter
CashinClean
I should probably go back and work on my consistency but I want to get to the point where I can comfortably beat an 8* before I do so. It’s probably a bad idea but I want to catch up to what most people can do and since I’m still kinda new, I feel like I’m a little behind
CatzerTM
i've started playing standard from january which is the month i first started playing. didn't started playing catch the beat about 2-3 months after. currently doing diffs up to 7 stars considering how little 8* star map there are that are ranked. i'm able to do up to 9 stars depending on how structured the map is. i'm a bit stuck at this point. mostly practicing 5 star maps so i can full combo 6 star maps which is my goal at this moment.
Geromu Keretem
I have the account since 2016 December, playing actively and with passion since August 2018
Refills
playtime: 172 hours

can full combo most 5*s and some 6*s
playing 6-8* maps
Lyawi

I joined in early 2015.

I usually play 4-5.5 stars because I enjoy. Sometimes I'm also able to play around 6.5 stars, but that's most likely out of my comfort zone.

I never really played for the pp.
churrles
I've been playing since early 2018. Somewhere around January.
Psychicbagel
Joined 2016,139 hours of playtime, I use mouse and keyboard. I steadily FC/1 sliderbreak 4-5star maps. right now at 81k.
Jii_old_1
For a few years now I think, but I never stay for long cause I suck.