forum

I may be too stupid to stream

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Athaso
Hey guys,

so, I've encountered a problem. I'm playing Osu for a while now (nothing serious, just occasionally a few weeks were the motivation hits me) and I wouldn't say I'm good but I certainly improved. Fast maps are not really my problem as soon as I get a hang of the rythm, but here comes my problem: I can't - absolutely can't - do streams. Don't get me wrong, fast parts, where you have to move a lot and "click fast" are not really the thing that gives me trouble. I mean parts where you basically just have one long line of fast-streaming hitcircles. I move fast enough, I could swear I'm "clicking" fast enough, I tried one mouse button, I tried 2 mouse buttons... they just feel kinda random to me. I'm basically just spamming and hoping for the best but uh... it doesn't only feel like bullshit but it certainly IS bullshit ^^ It just doesn't feel I'm in any way able to play with the rythm, even if the rythm isn't all that fast.

So at first I was like, meh, maybe I'm focusing on the wrong part of the streams. So I tried "looking a bit more ahead". But that also didn't work. Then I tried the opposite. Doesn't work either. It just never feels like I'm really playing with the rythm but rather like the maps contributor wanted double time for the heck of it or something and I know that's not true. So I'm obviously doing something wrong.

Playing mouse only by the way and I don't really intend on changing that since it's the most fun for me.

I'm really thankful for any kind of help <3
Darud3

Athaso wrote:

Hey guys,

so, I've encountered a problem. I'm playing Osu for a while now (nothing serious, just occasionally a few weeks were the motivation hits me) and I wouldn't say I'm good but I certainly improved. Fast maps are not really my problem as soon as I get a hang of the rythm, but here comes my problem: I can't - absolutely can't - do streams. Don't get me wrong, fast parts, where you have to move a lot and "click fast" are not really the thing that gives me trouble. I mean parts where you basically just have one long line of fast-streaming hitcircles. I move fast enough, I could swear I'm "clicking" fast enough, I tried one mouse button, I tried 2 mouse buttons... they just feel kinda random to me. I'm basically just spamming and hoping for the best but uh... it doesn't only feel like bullshit but it certainly IS bullshit ^^ It just doesn't feel I'm in any way able to play with the rythm, even if the rythm isn't all that fast.

So at first I was like, meh, maybe I'm focusing on the wrong part of the streams. So I tried "looking a bit more ahead". But that also didn't work. Then I tried the opposite. Doesn't work either. It just never feels like I'm really playing with the rythm but rather like the maps contributor wanted double time for the heck of it or something and I know that's not true. So I'm obviously doing something wrong.

Playing mouse only by the way and I don't really intend on changing that since it's the most fun for me.

I'm really thankful for any kind of help <3

Edit: by the way, my profile is not reflective of my gameplay as this is more like a throwaway account

First off, you're gonna have a hell of a hard time trying to stream only using mouse clicks. I have friends who use mainly clicking but for streams they have to swap to z and x. Your issue may not be the timing and the clicking, but your mouse accuracy. If you know that that's fine, then literally just turn your volume up more. Streaming is something that comes with time and game sense, and being able to get a feel for the timing of the song. If your tapping feels too staggered or random, slow it down and focus on consistency and work your way up.
Juuuuuuuuul
What is a throwaway account ?
To improve at streams, play streams. start at slow bpm ones, use half time if needed.
Count the music.
Watch your replays in slow motion to see what was wrong when you fail at a stream.
Keep in mind that deathstreams are one of the hardest stuff to do in the game, even with keyboard or tablet, it's normal to struggle learning it.
ps : i play mouse only too
abraker

Athaso wrote:

Edit: by the way, my profile is not reflective of my gameplay as this is more like a throwaway account
it's against osu! rules to make multiple accounts
Fizzly
Find a bpm that is comfortable for you, for most players this is around 160-180 bpm but yours might be different. Start practicing at this speed.
If you don't know whether it's your aim or tapping that's the problem, try using relax or autopilot mods. Use this just to check the problem and only once or twice, since using these mods won't help you improve.

Also as Abraker said, multiple accounts can be bannable so sort that out too.
Topic Starter
Athaso
Well, thanks guys. This was indeed helpful <3

Yeah I kinda some day forgot the password of this and just made a new one, I'll delete the new one and just keep using this one since I finally came around doing a password reset. (Yeah I know, I'm like the laziest person on this planet I guess)

Anyway, thanks again <3