forum

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

posted
Total Posts
show more
Zekira
I'd reply, but I'm not sure how many here are actually UMvC3 players too.

Also I don't play Online
Topic Starter
Toki Hakurei

Zekira wrote:

I'd reply, but I'm not sure how many here are actually UMvC3 players too.

Also I don't play Online
It's worth a shot to see how many osu! users know how to play a fighting game. Especially this one because it's easier to pick up and play, yet the mind-games and long combos are still challenging to test you.

Also I'm not sure about the Philippines internet connection being super fast either so I see your point.

Related: Chris and Frank are BFFs
Ekaru
I would play this game more but I suck at it.
DeathxShinigami
Nope. Nova and Frank BFFs.
-Athena-
No i just can't click with fighting games lol, I suck at them so bad, at least this was a MUCH MUCH more enjoyable experience than Street Fighter though, I really liked it.
Topic Starter
Toki Hakurei

Ekaru wrote:

I would play this game more but I suck at it.

-A t H e N a- wrote:

No i just can't click with fighting games lol, I suck at them so bad, at least this was a MUCH MUCH more enjoyable experience than Street Fighter though, I really liked it.
Don't worry about it. All it takes is a bit more practice to get used to when compared to other genres. When I first played these types of games I sucked, but I grew to love them as I continued to keep playing them in order to improve. And then I bought a fightstick and I thought I was playing from Day 1 all over again, but it was worth the investment for me now that I can play decently at any arcade. However there are others who are just as good when playing with a regular PS3/360 controller such as Fanatiq. Also, believe it or not, I have bad days as well so I know how you both feel.

DeathxShinigami wrote:

Nope. Nova and Frank BFFs.
Oh really?

I can do a similar combo like this to level up Frank, but I use Spencer in place of Super-Skrull.
DeathxShinigami
@Toki Hakurei

Uses less meter and is a simpler combo. You don't even need to rely on a specific assist either.
Topic Starter
Toki Hakurei
@DeathxShinigami

When comparing the Chris/Frank and Nova/Frank level up combos:
1. Both use the same amount of meter (2 bars). Though on the 2nd vid I posted, it used an optional 3rd bar to show off.
2. The two Chris/Frank combos (and my personal one) are corner only while the Nova/Frank combo can be done just about anywhere.
3. The two Chris/Frank combos (and my personal one) deal more damage, yet require a bit more execution if I choose to knee drop the opponent after the air grenade hits them. It's really stylish if I pull it off though.

While I do find Nova to be a versatile character, I prefer to use Chris for he:
1. Has a lot more options due to his special cancellable pistol and flamethrower, and various guns.
2. He's not made out of glass. (1,100,000 HP)
3. Gains meter very easily for two bar combos.
4. Has the glorious incendiary grenade, and the fact that any grenades that are thrown will automatically explode when Chris is hit which will allow me to effectively trick people into hitting me on purpose just to have them burn in a puddle of fire and give me a free combo. 8-)

EDIT: Also I finally got around to using that template I posted:
Accelerator-kun
I don't have this game, but I'm probably gonna buy it cause it looks very great.
Topic Starter
Toki Hakurei
Meanwhile, Zero is dumb.
Zekira
I've seen most of this stuff before, which is why I'm not replying lol.

Just a shame that there's been nothing much to talk about the UMvC3 scene right now anyway. Except for the current issues in the FGC.
Topic Starter
Toki Hakurei
Here's some Magneto technology that a crapload of people didn't know about.

Two_old
Topic Starter
Toki Hakurei

Two wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/32037
To think that was buried under all the PC/Shooter/RPG threads. Tis a shame that it died in February.

And even if I did know about it beforehand, I don't think it would be appropriate of me to revive a 4-month-old thread.
pacmanmania
I'm trying to main Spencer properly but all I can do is grapple people from afar :(

also need team recommendations, currently using Spencer/X-23/Spidey (random pick, I know)
Zekira
I'm trying to main Spencer properly but all I can do is grapple people from afar
Spencer is one of the top tier characters in this game, though his combos aren't particularly easy.

Right now for a team, yours looks pretty bad at least in the order. Fixing it to be Spider-man(Spider Sting) - Spencer (Wire Grapple Slant) - X-23 (Ankle Slice) should be good, but the lack of a good assist character kinda bothers me. Spider-man is kinda shaky and is slowly being pushed into low tier, while X-23 and Spencer don't have that much synergy.

You have to give us a list first of which characters your most willing to learn. Then we'll make a team from there
pacmanmania
You have to give us a list first of which characters your most willing to learn
well, these are some characters I'm interested in:

- Spencer
- Iron Man
- Doom
- Doctor Strange
- X-23
- Nemesis
- Strider Hiryu
Zekira
Allow me to be a tierwhore a bit here and say Spencer(Grapple Slant) - Doom (Plasma Beam) - Hiryu (Vajra) would be disgustingly good for a team. Spencer and Doom are currently top tier while Hiryu is recognized as one of the best anchors and assists in this game.
Topic Starter
Toki Hakurei
While the Plasma Beam assist is useful for getting in, the Hidden Missiles assist gives Spencer those crazy combo extensions into Vertical Wire Grapple -> Reel-in-Punch.
Zekira
Plasma Beam is chosen over Hidden Missiles in this case because Spencer kinda needs a horizontal assist to keep his zipline approaches safe.
Topic Starter
Toki Hakurei

Chris and his godlike meter positive combos.