forum

Seperate dim for storyboards

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Tenpii
Hi guys, I love levels with storyboards but you can barely see them with the background dimmed. I don't know if this possible but separating the dim feature for backgrounds and storyboards would be great, players who do not like them can always disable them.

I think it would really improve the aesthetics of levels; I got this idea because I play with a dimmed background but I wanted the storyboard particles and flashes to still be visible :)
Death
You can just hover your cursor over the bottom of the screen to expand beatmap-specific visual settings right as the song is starting. Then you can undim the background for specific maps with storyboards.

Not sure if this request is entirely necessary as that takes just a few seconds. Unless I've missed the point of your post.
Endaris
I think you won't ever find out about maps you have to manually lower your dim on like this if you play at 100% dim.
Another argument for this is the fact that the osu!.db likes to shoot itself once in a while and along with it the saved dim values disappear as well.
Topic Starter
Tenpii

Death wrote:

You can just hover your cursor over the bottom of the screen to expand beatmap-specific visual settings right as the song is starting. Then you can undim the background for specific maps with storyboards.

Not sure if this request is entirely necessary as that takes just a few seconds. Unless I've missed the point of your post.

I agree that it isn't necessary, it's just one of those features for more convenience (play at 100% dim normally but want storyboards to be more visible). A simpler alternative would be to have an icon that tells you if a map contains a storyboard or not.