forum

Raw Input vs. No Raw Input

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
reddyxu_
I've played osu! for about a year (using a mouse) and I've used no raw input, since too much raw input is detrimental to my ability to aim. I've started to slightly bump up the sensitivity (1.03) since 5* maps at this point get really hard. Which is better in your opinion? Raw input or no raw input? I personally think that you shouldn't use a lot of raw input if you use a mouse but you can bump it up as much as you like if you use a tablet. Do you use raw input?
siph
Raw input.
Deva
In game sensitivity and raw input have no connection whatsoever. Also not using raw input is just plain dumb. You can be good without it but it will only hinder your performance.
Daylight--
[deleted]
Remissnut
I mostly use raw input but when I play without it's hard to get used to but if you don't overshoot or flick to hard the acceleration doesn't always get affected as much. I would still choose raw input over none however since it uses absalote input and doesn't rely on getting used to speed changes, the mouse will always hit the same area if you don't take it off your playspace (i.e not lifting). In the long run no raw input is okay but not recommended for higher levels since it's harder to master
dung eater
It shouldn't make any difference if you have no accelation from windows or mouse drivers.
im flat

Tickseed wrote:

Use raw input 100% if your're using mouse. For tablet, disable raw input, keep sens at 1x, and find a comfortable area.

? i use raw input for tablet
Kuroni

im flat wrote:

? i use raw input for tablet

Same