forum

What bpm do you consider unsingletappable?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Equbuxu
Full alt player here. I'm just curious if there is any actual benefit in alternating when playing regular maps
Deva
For starters maps up to like 250bpm (more if you are good enough) require literally no effort tapping wise.
KupcaH
Every map that is >220bpm is unsingletappable for me. Wasted few months trying to get good at it, then just learned how to alternate.
Shizai
It's typically easier to get high acc with single tapping, if its comfortable. The advantage of alting is that it is much less effort and you can go faster. It is definitely possible to get the same acc with single and alting, but it requires more effort to learn to be consistent with alting.

People can typically single tap half as fast as they can stream, since streaming is basically just single tapping with both fingers. I can burst up to 280 but consistently only up to around 235. Currently grinding for 240 consistent, then will try for 250. As for single tapping I can consistently do around 240, which is slightly higher than I can stream but they're probably just the same.
Deva

Shizai wrote:

People can typically single tap half as fast as they can stream, since streaming is basically just single tapping with both fingers.

I did some testing after reading this and found out that the max bpm I can singletap (with decent acc) is around 240 but the fastest I can stream is 220bpm (at peak performance).

So if alternating really is just singletapping with two fingers then how come my singletapping is much faster than my streaming?
Shoy
People usually singletap all the time with the same finger.
Wouldn't be really a surprise to notice you're slower with the 2nd finger you're using to stream, even at singletapping.

Moreover if we're talking about being consistent at streaming/singletapping, it's way easier to go out of stamina while streaming.
I'm not even talking about the reading part, the ton of threads about streaming problems is enough to understand that streams are harder to read than single notes that can be singletapped for a lot of people.

Considering all those points, I'm not surprised to see people are consistent at singletapping on higher bpm than streaming. I'm decent at singletapping under 230bpm, when my "confort zone" at streaming is around 190bpm. Not talking about 230bpm streams actually, I may pass 230bpm bursts, not streams. At all.
im flat
alternating is easier and better for high bpm don't even deny it lmfao
doesn't matter if u singletap or alt acc is the same
idk why the fuck u would alt 180 bpm lol is that even possible
KupcaH

im flat wrote:

Yeah, guy with 86% acc knows a lot about acc.
im flat

KupcaH wrote:

im flat wrote:

correct :3
Deva

KupcaH wrote:

im flat wrote:

You have only 98.52% effing casual!
KupcaH

Deva wrote:

KupcaH wrote:

im flat wrote:

You have only 98.52% effing casual!
You don't even have 100% though!

Only Baru can talk about acc.
Zain Sugieres
>360
UnnamedBeast
anything over 90bpm streaming is basically unsingletappable for the average player

90bpm streaming = 360bpm singletapping
KupcaH

UnnamedBeast wrote:

anything over 90bpm streaming is basically unsingletappable for the average player

90bpm streaming = 360bpm singletapping
thonk
DXPOHIHIHI
anything over 210bpm
abraker
17 taps/s seems to be around where the cutoff is iirc
That is 1020 taps/min or 255 bpm

that is assuming you are vibrating your hand at that point
SpasticSurgeon
I feel like I can singletap up to 215 at the max. But as far as human possibility it's in the low 300s i think?