forum

TV Tropes Wiki Discussion

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Pokebis
lukewarmholiday
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Pokebis
If you must.
I'm still exploring the site. I can't believe I've never heard of this before. It's seems like ED with less offensive content and more citations. I don't know why but the writing style seems quite a bit similar. I like the half-serious take they put on things.
Not as funny as ED imo, but this is quite an interesting place.
/me searches ED for things related to this site.
Damn. :? No results, really.
/me searched ED on this site
Double damn, most of the users here have gotten that [purposeful >.>] misinterpretation of ED. And one favored Unencyclopedia. I nearly raged, but, meh. This place is pretty kool.
Topic Starter
Pokebis
Some ED writers are obviously there, though.

TVtropes article wrote:

On the subject of subcultures, Otherkin. Full stop.
Actually, they are nothing compared to Otakukin. See, it is one thing to think you are a fantasy creature reincarnated in the body of a Wangsty Emo Teen. It is quite another to think you are the reincarnation of a specific fictional character. Yup, these are people who quite honestly believe they are reincarnations of Japanese cartoon and Video Game characters. Even Otherkin think this subculture is batshit insane. 'Nuff said.
And someone on their userpage said they frequented ED, but acted like they were a bit ashamed.

Also, I am discussing with myself.

EDIT: I also searched "lulz" Expected results were expected [and had].
CheeseWarlock
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
K2J
I once liked TV Tropes. Then I realized it sucks.
Sinistro
I reference trope names in irc as often as possible.

That site is a great read, and like CheeseWarlock said, can easily cause hours of fascinated clicking from link to link. It can also be good in identifying interesting media for one to read/watch. I love it and highly recommend it.
lukewarmholiday
Slain087
It's like Wikipedia. You might go there for a little research, but five hours later you find yourself clicking another "Did Not Do The Research" link.

And yes, I do do that at times.
awp

Sinistro wrote:

That site is a great read, and like CheeseWarlock said, can easily cause hours of fascinated clicking from link to link.
...while running SAT test cases and forgetting to refresh them oops
Topic Starter
Pokebis
I'm sad. I found this from a link on a Yume Nikki fan site. Why didn't I know about this site before?
Loginer
Soaprman
Sometimes I go to this site and then I look up and I have 30 tabs open. It's crazy!
Atmey
Its long reading.
Blue Stig
I see no WMG entries.
Someone fix this and put this thing in OT.
adam2046
...At least necro bump the right thread.
t/51505
Blue Stig

adam2046 wrote:

...At least necro bump the right thread.
t/51505
Ooohhh...ok. sorry.
I'll just leave this here then.
DerekMcD
Does anyone went to Truth In Television page?