forum

[Archived] osu! performance issues after update

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Elanie
After updating to the latest osu! version, I’m experiencing very bad input lags. Before the Christmas update it was running fine at 3.3ms, Unlimited (gameplay) with no lags. After I updated the osu! Client, it has started lagging at 40-50fps, 20ms and whenever I click on circles sometimes it lags and misses. Moreover there are red squares at the FPS counter. I even updated my Wacom tablet drivers to the latest version, turned off background apps and uninstalled unnecessary apps I do not need anymore (Why, Windows 10?). I even cleared some disk space and turned off Sophos Antivirus as well as reinstalled the Intel Graphics Driver.

I suspect this is snow being forced turned on, it’s causing my game to start up at a low fps and high ms.

PC Specs: (yes it’s a potato pc)

RAM : 8GB DDR4

CPU : Intel Core i3-6100U 4 threads @ 2.30GHz

Graphics : Intel(HD) Graphics 520 (integrated, no graphics card)

Monitor : 2560x1080 curved, 60Hz

OS : Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit (April 2019 Update Pre-release)

Tablet: Wacom Intuos CTL-4100 (Small)

Ethernet Speed: 1.0 Gbps

And osu! runs on a Solid-State Drive, 14 bad sectors (Chkdsk)

osu! version: Stable 20181212.2 (latest)
skyhook17
Nearly same configurations like you. Can you open the task manager and see your graphics card working when you playing? Mine have same problem.
Topic Starter
Elanie
Yes, the GPU is working but the CPU is not in full execution (2.30GHz) at all times even when charging. I’ll send a video (recorded on OBS)

UPDATE: Here's the video: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AW0YDCSLX84Cl5k5rqp2l0AW5p-cbQul
Death
Tried restarting your computer yet and closing any other applications running in the background that you don't need to have open for your computer to function properly?
Topic Starter
Elanie

Death wrote:

Tried restarting your computer yet and closing any other applications running in the background that you don't need to have open for your computer to function properly?

Yes, done that a lot of times, osu! still lags at the same 40fps and 20ms

UPDATE: I’ve ran another chkdsk and rebooted my pc, it said Repairing C: (787136 sectors), and after the boot up, I changed my monitor refresh rate back to 59Hz, gameplay has slightly improved at 59fps and 14ms, but still lags a bit... i’m Still in compatibility mode