forum

song's skin is in my way - how do i get rid of it?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
daskrip
The sparkles and giant "300"s in this song get in my way:
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/25739

I use cookiezi's skin, but it is not active when I play this song.
I have looked in the song's folder and tried to rename/get rid of the custom 300s, but that just replaces it with osu's default 300s. I want cookiezi's skin's 300s, i.e., 300s that are invisibly small.
How can I make cookiezi's skin overtake the song's custom skin?
Nyu_old2
Copy every image from your skin folder into the song folder.
winber1
If the beatmap has saved settings for a "preferred" skin, then you either have to delete that preferred skin folder or change all the elements inside that folder. However, in your particular case, since it's the default skin, you really can't do anything about it unless you change the osu game files. Or I'm stupid and you can somehow.

The default skin isn't that horrible so just deal with it? You can also just remove the background if that helps at all.
koromo

winber1 wrote:

If the beatmap has saved settings for a "preferred" skin, then you either have to delete that preferred skin folder or change all the elements inside that folder. However, in your particular case, since it's the default skin, you really can't do anything about it unless you change the osu game files. Or I'm stupid and you can somehow.
It is just as Nyu said, you just have to copy the elements from your skin folder over to the song folder and it'll use your own skin. Even if there are no skin elements whatsoever, and it is a map that forces the default skin, copying your skin over to that folder will fix it.
Layne_old_1
~
CXu
Make a new skinfolder with your skin named default.
thelewa

CXu wrote:

say whaaat

I didn't know about this
Kanye West

thelewa wrote:

CXu wrote:

say whaaat

I didn't know about this
You also have to edit the ini fine to make the skin name "default"
lunchZA
I would suggest learning to accommodate custom skins for now, since peppy has hinted at doing integrity checks on song folders in the future.
thelewa

lunchza wrote:

I would suggest learning to accommodate custom skins for now, since peppy has hinted at doing integrity checks on song folders in the future.
QFT

It would be a good idea for everyone to start learning how to play without deleting beatmap elements so it wouldn't be such a shock when .osz2 comes out, if it comes out.
winber1

koromo wrote:

winber1 wrote:

It is just as Nyu said, you just have to copy the elements from your skin folder over to the song folder and it'll use your own skin. Even if there are no skin elements whatsoever, and it is a map that forces the default skin, copying your skin over to that folder will fix it.
:(

/runs
Aqo
Or just don't play maps with annoying skins, until mappers learn to either make good skins for their maps or leave them with none at all or else nobody would play their maps
inviis
There is a setting that says "Ignore all beatmap skins". You can turn this on or off if you don't like the beatmap skin. But if you want to disable the skin for one song, but not another, i don't know how to do that.
Mahogany
Jesus christ dude this was 4 years ago how did you even find this?

Anyhow, this post was made before that option was implemented.
ZenithPhantasm
L
O
C
K

P
L
S
-sev
sick necro
-Makishima S-
Vuelo Eluko
In a few weeks, I will get time
realize, its right before my eyes
and i can take it, if it's what I want to do
i am leaving and this is starting to feel like its right before my eyes and i can taste it its my sweet beginning

and i can tell just what you want
you don't want to be alone
you don't want to be alone...

i can say its what you know
but you've known it
the whole time

maybe next year i'll have no time to think about the questions to address but i dont want to try to start a fire

i wouldn't test you
i'm not the best you could have attained
why try anything
i will get there
just remember
i
know
Bauxe
P
O
S
T