forum

[Archived] Message Site Bug

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yukki Yumi
Every time I try to write a message I click on the message box and it all just goes blank.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: https://gyazo.com/bb18d095336e4161ed098ac48690d92d

osu! version: Stable 20181212.2 (latest)
Lyawi
On all beatmaps? Which browser (and version) are you using ?
Piscius
try using another type of browser , such as Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc...
Death
If this consistently happens it should be reported on GitHub regardless of the browser you are using or what map it is occurring on (though those are two things you should definitely mention).
Aiseca
Too add to this, at some point I experienced it as well. I am accessing the site through an IOS phone (device). If you try to backspace a few letters you typed in, usually the white text box flashes for a brief moment, then it disappears again. When you close the reply tab (or the text box), it is displayed there again together (sometimes) with the messages you typed there.
Death

Aiseca wrote:

Too add to this, at some point I experienced it as well. I am accessing the site through an IOS phone (device). If you try to backspace a few letters you typed in, usually the white text box flashes for a brief moment, then it disappears again. When you close the reply tab (or the text box), it is displayed there again together (sometimes) with the messages you typed there.
Anyone can create an issue on GitHub, so if you are also experiencing this issue please do. I've found it's quite difficult to create an issue for something if you are not experiencing it yourself due to lack of information and what not.

For what it's worth, it doesn't look like the the OP is on mobile though based on the picture they sent. So you may or may not actually be experiencing the same thing.
Topic Starter
Yukki Yumi

Lyawi wrote:

On all beatmaps? Which browser (and version) are you using ?

I'm using Microsoft Edge. The latest version. But also, I do have a fake Windows installed, does that affect somehow?

Death wrote:

Anyone can create an issue on GitHub, so if you are also experiencing this issue please do. I've found it's quite difficult to create an issue for something if you are not experiencing it yourself due to lack of information and what not.

I'll see what I can do.

Death wrote:

If this consistently happens it should be reported on GitHub regardless of the browser you are using or what map it is occurring on (though those are two things you should definitely mention).

I always use Microsoft Edge and it's been happening from the time the site was updated. It occurs on every map as well.

Piscius wrote:

try using another type of browser , such as Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc...

The glitch does not occur on any other browser but Microsoft Edge is my default and the one I find the easiest to use, therefore I want to use that one instead of opening another browser.
Death

Yukki Yumi wrote:

I always use Microsoft Edge and it's been happening from the time the site was updated. It occurs on every map as well.
Then yeah, you should definitely report it on GitHub using the link in my last post.