forum

osu! Malaysian Amateur Tournament (o!MAT) 1st edition

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Vexine
(Credits to Iyouka for this beautiful banner)

Welcome to the 1st edition of osu! Malaysian Amateur Tournament or o!MAT. This tournament is an osu! standard tournament and it is made with the objective to allow the lower rank players in Malaysia to shine in the local scene and to encourage more tournament players among the 5 digit which is pretty dead in Malaysia barring a few active ones.

Registration Link
>>>Tournament Rules<<<
Challonge
Stream
Match Schedules
Discord Server

Registration Phase: 14th Dec - 6th Jan 2019, registration closes and mappool reveal at 10pm, 6th Jan
Qualifiers: 11th Jan - 13th Jan
Group Stage: 18th Jan - 27th Jan (2 weekends)
Round of 16: 1st Feb - 10th Feb (2 weekends due to Chinese New Year)
Quarterfinals: 15th Feb - 17th Feb
Semifinals: 22nd Feb - 24th Feb
Finals: 1st Mar - 3rd Mar
Grand Finals: 8th Mar - 10th Mar

1. Registration must be done by completing the google form linked above.
2. Only players with a Malaysia flag on their profile can participate in the tournament.
3. Players must be IN BETWEEN THE RANKS OF 10,000 - 150,000 during the entire registration period to participate in the tournament. Players are allowed to exit the rank range after registration ends.
4. Players MUST join the discord server to be eligible to participate.

Note: Rules are tentative and may be changed without prior notice. However, there should be an announcement in the discord server.

1. This tournament is an osu!standard tournament
2. This tournament is an individual tournament (1v1)
3. The scoring used is Head to Head,Score V2
4. Players will play in a qualifier where the Top 32 players will qualify. Seedings will be based on the qualifier's results.
5. Group Stages are round robin, subsequent rounds are double elimination
6. All times listed are in GMT+8 (Local Malaysian Time
7. Should the number of registration not exceed 32, the tournament will be cancelled.
8. For more info, please check out the document in the 'Rules' link above.

(Following prizes are confirmed, may add more if there are willing sponsors)
1st place: 4 months supporter
2nd place: 2 months supporter
3rd place: 1 month supporter

Hosts: Vexine Jeffrey

Graphic Designer: Iyouka Jeffrey

Map Pool Selector: Vexine Jeffrey TheSomething

Map Pool Tester: ZheKiel- SolarFox -AlieN King Hong Underdogs

Statistician: ffstar

Commentator: Jeffrey OtakuPan Tzero Iyouka haruchi Rampax

Streamer: Kumaxione Jeffrey __aaroN__

Referee: ZheKiel- OtakuPan -GDO-Raphiel Iyouka xArief on osu Mak Kau Hijau Rampax
Looking for map pool testers (must be 5 digits and not playing in the tournament), commentators, streamers, referees and a graphic designer. If you are interested, please contact me somehow, e.g. DM me on the osu! site, pm me on discord at Cais#4966 or ping me in any server.
Topic Starter
Vexine
Reserved
Aleppie
Pog
xAethereal
pog(too bad my rank is lower than that,lol)
Flashback9
Hype!!
oamleya
purplesatanweed stomp
Aasheda_
nice
Gilochan
need to lower my rank just a bit to join. lul
#roadto10k
TequilaWolf

Gilochan wrote:

need to lower my rank just a bit to join. lul
#roadto10k
wtf fking gilo is 9.9k -.-
Sawako_Nana
Barely above 150k rip me but still gonna join
__aaroN__
Welp, this is gonna be fun.
Yoimiya
Want to join but i dont have fixed scheduled sometimes...when my mom ask out i cant do nothing :D but attempt to join~
Iyouka
pog
Horoka
Meow
Shinonome Ena
owo naice
Tsukimi Luna
Perfect timing for me
xAethereal

Yuu-Chii wrote:

Perfect timing for me

no u....wait...
ABD007
Good luck guys !
Sokkusu
0w0
decaykets
Awesome! Any live stream available for the matches ?
Rampax

decaykets wrote:

Awesome! Any live stream available for the matches ?

There will probably some live streams of certain matches, need to wait for any announcement or for the schedule to be released.
D e s
Goodluck everyone ~
Jeffrey
TOURNEY'S OVER

Here's some words of thanks to everyone.
Thanks to Vexine for hosting the tournament, allowing undiscovered tourney potentials in Malaysia to shine and potentially become active tourney players.
Thanks to all our referees for putting in their fair share of work to referee all the matches. Group stage was particularly hell and we appreciate all their help to ensure everything runs smoothly.
Thanks to Vexine and Kumaxione for streaming all the matches in the tournament, every match after Group Stages were streamed.
Thanks to the commentators for helping to hype up all the matches, making this tournament a pleasure to watch.
Thanks a lot to the poolers and testers for helping us with the pooling. It's me and Vexine's first time pooling and I had a lot of commitments irl so thanks for helping me cover my ass as well.
Thanks to ffstar for crunching the stats numbers and making the script for the stats!
Special thanks to Kuma for providing the cover for DREAMCATCHER and also for modifying the ref assistant tool, it was really helpful to us and the refs and made sure the matches ran smoothly
Thanks for the dedication of the players for showing up to their matches. I believe this tournament has one of the lowest walkover rates of any community tournament and we're proud of our players for playing so well!
And finally thanks to the viewers and spectators for your support for the tournament! I'm really happy to have co-hosted this tournament despite my irl commitments, but it was all worth it.

See you next time!