forum

Scriptable Rulesets

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
abraker
Want a mod that does something specific like doubles your score every 100th note? Want to make ScoreV3? Then you want to make your very own ruleset! Note this does not include mods that change the contents of the map, but rather how things are counted toward acc, score, etc. and playtime variations.

Here are various things you will be able to do with scriptable rulesets:

Difficulty Reduction Mod that prevent misses not from being missed. Mod that makes misses count as 50 score point. Mod that deduct the combo for every misses the player did instead of resets it
community/forums/topics/841132

Mod that allows slider breaks, but not misses
community/forums/topics/192466

Apply some random mod when health bar is full
community/forums/topics/562614

Perfect mod that fails you if you get 50 in mania
community/forums/topics/194972

Perfect mod that fails you if you get less than rainbow in mania
community/forums/topics/437531

A mod that speeds up the map to double time by the end of the map
community/forums/topics/154141

Mod that allows you to press any key for the note to count for mania
community/forums/topics/350867

Mod that removes slider circles and makes only cursor in slider count
community/forums/topics/147797

Mod that plays a metronome sound throughout beatmap
community/forums/topics/48104

Mod that makes music higher pitched
community/forums/topics/471728

A mod that allows you to use only one key
community/forums/topics/471591

FC mod but ignore imperfect scores from sliders and circles
community/forums/topics/907744

. . . and much more
unranked ofc
Zozimoto
seems good
JawGBoi
Osu needs this, peroid.
McEndu
It is already possible with osu!lazer, albeit you have to do all the stuff with C# or Visual Basic as the game is done in .NET Core. It is also easy (?) to make custom mods with it.

And meanwhile you can do a lot more than these with custom rulesets...
Topic Starter
abraker

McEndu wrote:

The way it is currently set up in lazer is that you can add rulesets, which are basically gamemodes. You add another gamemode that you can then pick from song select. You can make a copy of the osu!standard, add those mods, and call it osu!standard custom, but I think that's overkill for mods. In lazer context, I am basically requesting for a way to make mods to gamemodes instead of adding new gamemodes entirely; a way to add stuff to mod options in existing gamemodes.
clayton
you want to load in just a mod via external dll? am i understanding that right? or do you want something that can be imported with no compilation similar to a skin or beatmap?

I don't feel like this would ever be implemented as specific as you're requesting, but the general "scriptable" vibe is definitely gonna come in some other forms--- there's already big plans for a scriptable Drawable language at the framework level that will probably make room for insane skins or something. would be neat to see it in action for gameplay logic too
Topic Starter
abraker

clayton wrote:

you want to load in just a mod via external dll? am i understanding that right? or do you want something that can be imported with no compilation similar to a skin or beatmap?
Honestly either can work. A never specified which because I don't know what's more realistic while also offering most flexibility.
DarkEagle1
That's so nice idea
NekomusuMae

abraker wrote:

McEndu wrote:

The way it is currently set up in lazer is that you can add rulesets, which are basically gamemodes. You add another gamemode that you can then pick from song select. You can make a copy of the osu!standard, add those mods, and call it osu!standard custom, but I think that's overkill for mods. In lazer context, I am basically requesting for a way to make mods to gamemodes instead of adding new gamemodes entirely; a way to add stuff to mod options in existing gamemodes.
Actually, you can edit the default rulesets too. Simply replace your osu!standard/osu!catch/osu!taiko/osu!mania .dll file in the main osu!lazer folder with the custom one.
Topic Starter
abraker

MLisDreaming wrote:

abraker wrote:

McEndu wrote:

Actually, you can edit the default rulesets too. Simply replace your osu!standard/osu!catch/osu!taiko/osu!mania .dll file in the main osu!lazer folder with the custom one.
Will that still make ruleset ranked tho? It makes sense for a ruleset be no longer rankable if you change parts of it. You'll need to make a copy and edit it then. You also need to compile the new ruleset in C#, which you need an environment set up for. I am thinking something editable in notepad++ or your favorite editor.