forum

[Archived] OBS wont catch osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mejiro Ramonu
Problem details:
My OBS or other recording software (Plays.tv for example) won't catch Osu! for some reason, it used to do it normally without any problems and then someday it just stopped working, I really don't know what is wrong and how to fix it, I did some research earlier to run Osu on DirectX yet I cannot find the option to switch my renderer because it is not there and also compatibility mode instantly crashes my Osu! so please help

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20181212.2 (latest)
Death
Doesn't OBS have an option to switch to OpenGL, rather than having to switch osu! to DirectX? I'm fairly certain that was an option at some point in the past, but I don't use OBS frequently.

The option to directly switch osu! to DirectX was removed years ago.

Compatibility mode probably shouldn't be crashing your game too. Does any sort of error message pop up when you enable it?
Topic Starter
Mejiro Ramonu
Yes my osu crashes and an error message does show up with something that says, Oooops osu crashed and there u have an option to I think repair osu or to retry it oor something like that, of course when that happens I just go to notepad and switch my compatibility back to 0, idk why that happens either
https://gyazo.com/6f732db2e3c6468af5d427668918344f
this shows up when it crashes

Just out of curiosity, why was the option of either DirectX or OpenGL was removed?

hmmm I'll take a look into my OBS rn and see if I can switch the rendered and maybe something will happen
Death
You should click on the osu! crashed window to reveal the error and post it here.

There's probably more than one reason OpenGL became the sole renderer for the game.

Compatibility mode is still pretty close by translating OpenGL ES calls to DirectX if I'm not mistaken.
Topic Starter
Mejiro Ramonu
couldnt take a screenshot but i copied it, hopefully it lets you know some more info

OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextException: [EGL] Failed to create window surface, error BAD_NATIVE_WINDOW.
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglWindowInfo.CreateWindowSurface(IntPtr config)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, EglWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext sharedContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglAnglePlatformFactory.CreateGLContext(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Boolean directRendering, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at #=zQ9vMfcoGgjaf0HXhOdizaYMsydvy.#=zdBnIWMA=(Int32 #=zj9ArcpQ=, Int32 #=z_UpjuyQ=, GraphicsContextFlags #=zc63gn7Y=)
at #=zC5LMgEiCHY5lsYy4hWkbKgQ=.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=zcUVBobw=)
at #=z9uCg7dvg2u$Nzwd8u61h6p1HmiII.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=zcUVBobw=)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at #=znqW1gF0uFx4G616zqQMJOls=.WndProc(Message& #=zYdeTdN8=)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Death
This is an issue with your Intel graphics drivers. There are a couple workarounds, but the best solution is to update them through Intel.

Death wrote:

Please make sure your Intel graphics drivers are up to date. Intel released a fix for this specific issue in all of their driver versions 15.46 and higher. If you get your graphics drivers through a computer manufacturer, they may use a different versioning scheme and their most recent drivers may still have this issue. It is good idea to download them directly from Intel's website.

Temporary solutions include: Running osu! with integrated graphics and disabling compatibility mode if applicable. It is highly recommended you fix this issue permanently by downloading up to date drivers.

If you believe you have enabled compatibility mode, navigate to your osu! folder and edit the file "osu!.pcname.cfg". Verify that the line "CompatibilityContext" is set to 0. If it is not, change it and save the file. Otherwise, this was not the cause.

I'm regards to your actual issue, I'm pretty sure either that option to switch renderers exists or there is some other way to get OBS to capture osu! considering quite a few people stream.
Topic Starter
Mejiro Ramonu
Okay so I did update all my drivers right now, thanks for letting me know about that because I had no idea they werent up to date xD

Yeah maybe I do have to run osu in compatibility mode or something or maybe it was just my drivers problem, I will check if anything fixes

Yeah compatibility still doesn't work and sadly nothing changed, ugh that kinda sucks but maybe I'll figure out something else later, Thank You :)