forum

[Archived] Map selection screen scrolls like crazy

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[MiSaKa] MiKoTo
Recently whenever I start up Osu and go to the beatmap selection screen it just starts scrolling downthe list like crazy and I can't stop it. It's not my mouse I dont think because it doesn't scroll by itself on anything else anyone know how I can fix this?
Sakura
Do you have absolute scrolling activated?
Topic Starter
[MiSaKa] MiKoTo
No I don't all I have enabled is hover return which is why I dont understand why its doing this
Kurokami
Try to pull out your mouse from your pc when your are at the map selection screen. If its stops then you will already know what to do. But yeah, Sakura is right, maybe you just turned on the absolute scrolling.
peppy
Try restarting your pc, too.
Timekiller
Don't know if that's the same issue, but my map selection screen sometimes starts to lag like this too - and no, "absolute scrolling" is turned off when this happens. You also can't select any of beatmaps with mouse, only selection with keyboard works. Returning to title screen and back doesn't help, playing a beatmap sometimes does, but sometimes not; restarting a game helps. I never managed to reproduce it when I tried to, but it just keeps happening when I need it the least - while hosting a multiplayer match, for instance. Doesn't happen very often, but it's really annoying.

Upd: forgot to provide some details. My beatmap list doesn't scroll down when this happens, but behaves as if "absolute scrolling" was on (Again, I'm 100% sure it's OFF.) Also, when that happens, Hover Return does not brings you to selected map - it just throws you somewhere randomly.
woc2006
try press pageup/pagedown
Timekiller
Just happened again. More details:
- Turning absolute scrolling and/or hover return on/off doesn't help.
- Pageup/pagedown doesn't help.
- It self-resolved after some time and/or OSU! window losing focus
- Behavior isn't fully similar to absolute scrolling. Moving cursor results in rapid scrolling, but scrolling via mouse wheel up/down provides the same results. It feels like scrolling function thinks there's 20 maps in the list, not 500+. Map sets move to left slightly on hover as they should, but selection via mouseclick is still not possible.