forum

Mod Ideas for osu!: Lifesaver (LS) and Right-minus-Wrong (RW) Mods

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
JeffKunDesu
Hello guys, I'm just thinking of ideas for another mods in osu! Hope you guys hear me out.
I'm also hoping to our peppy that he will respond to what I wished for.

I'm thinking of two mods for Difficulty Reduction.
Lifesaver (LS) and Right-minus-Wrong (RM)

Lifesaver, one of my mod idea is a Difficulty Reduction Mod that prevent misses not from being actually MISSED.
For an example, if I didn't hit a circle or slider, and it missed, instead of X, it will only give 50.
We can still follow the peppy System for sliders that if you hit the slider circle early, it will give 100 or Katsu, and depending on sliderticks, 1/2 slidertick miss, for 100 or katsu, and 3/4 slidertick miss for 50. But if it's a real miss, the mod prevents it from gaining X and instead count it as 50.
For those who think it's so unfair, here's my another idea.
Lifesaver mod prevents you from making Misses, by turning it as 50, but it cannot control combobreaks.
With this mod, misses will be counted as 50, but it is stil counted for combobreak. So it is sill not an FC for combobreaks with this mod. But I hope peppy will respond to this and he will determine the score multiplier reduction for this brainstormed mod.

Another one is Right-minus-Wrong.
The purpose of this brainstormed mod idea is to override combobreaks and instead, deduct the combos gain in the game by every misses the player did.
For example: if I gain 453x combos in a specified beatmap, and i got missed in the next note, it will reduce by 1 combo because of that miss, so it turned 452x combo. THAT'S WHY IT WAS CALLED RIGHT MINUS WRONG. The mod prevents combobreak, but unlike the first mod idea that i discussed, a miss is a miss.
if you still can't understand, here~! "Current combo = previous combo - miss by each hit"

For more suggestions or comments, feel free to say it. And i hope peppy will respond for this. Thank you.
abraker
Somebody just request scriptable rulesets and be done with these crazy mod ideas once and for all

edit: https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/841470
Aiseca
Are we converting this to a "WWTB A Millionaire" type game ah? Lulz.
MarikOff
With RM pp farming will be too easy, lol
Topic Starter
JeffKunDesu

abraker wrote:

Somebody just request scriptable rulesets and be done with these crazy mod ideas once and for all

edit: https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/841470

Hey hey dude. Thanks for including my mod ideas in your "Scriptable Rulesets" post. :)
Brainage

MarikOff wrote:

With RM pp farming will be too easy, lol

1000pp if RM