1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Skinning

posted

hello there. This is my skin i decided to call novaLINE. Why? nobody knows
A little story to tell: at first, i didnt want to create my own skin. All i wanted is to modify one single button. Then came another, and another blah blah blah. Basically thats how i created it. And tbh that was a good new experience for me.
This skin was meant to be gameplay-focused and simplistic, so hitcircles,cursor and etc look pretty common. However, i did try to create the same simplistic vibe in the menu, but decorate it a bit. With lines.
---

nothing was changed so far. You can make a change and leave your opinions/wishes/reports but NOT destructive roasts. This won't contribute anything


song selection



mods selection



ranking panel



spinner



pause and fail




gameplay












that's it for now. Hope you'll like it
UPD: other modes coming soon
posted
owo
posted
Overall a good skin, maybe you could skin the upper part of selection mode and maybe change some colours (gameplay related) that, to my eyes, seem strange
posted
PogChamp
posted
button from osuskinner, mixed skins are not allowed on the forum
posted

h3oCharles wrote:

button from osuskinner, mixed skins are not allowed on the forum
Which button tho
Not menu buttons, nor pause/continue/retry buttons were used
Menu buttons, however, were inspired by other skin's buttons that probably are from osuskinner.
posted
button-*
posted

h3oCharles wrote:

button-*
as i said earlier, i didnt directly use any buttons/elements from other skins, so i guess your argument isn't valid unless you provide a screenshot of my button and the one you think i used from other skin. Side by side
i agree, they look identical yet they are in fact different. Maybe i think of the wrong button?
posted


posted

h3oCharles wrote:



yes i took this button as inspiration and drawn my own version
i didnt take the asset from any skin DIRECTLY=> this isnt mixed skinning
check.
UPD: Checkmate it is i guess
posted

CryptoChan wrote:

h3oCharles wrote:



yes i took this button as inspiration and drawn my own version
i didnt take the asset from any skin DIRECTLY=> this isnt mixed skinning
check.
UPD: Checkmate it is i guess
Replicating someone else element doesnt make it yours.
posted

RockRoller wrote:

CryptoChan wrote:

h3oCharles wrote:



yes i took this button as inspiration and drawn my own version
i didnt take the asset from any skin DIRECTLY=> this isnt mixed skinning
check.
UPD: Checkmate it is i guess
Replicating someone else element doesnt make it yours.
its not a 100% copy either, so everything is still in the "allowed" zone
however if it isnt, let me know that it isnt. Ill redraw it
posted

CryptoChan wrote:

RockRoller wrote:

CryptoChan wrote:

h3oCharles wrote:



yes i took this button as inspiration and drawn my own version
i didnt take the asset from any skin DIRECTLY=> this isnt mixed skinning
check.
UPD: Checkmate it is i guess
Replicating someone else element doesnt make it yours.
its not a 100% copy either, so everything is still in the "allowed" zone
however if it isnt, let me know that it isnt. Ill redraw it
Your skin is great, don't take it's opinion, he don't have any arguments
posted

THEMINECRAFT951 wrote:

CryptoChan wrote:

RockRoller wrote:

CryptoChan wrote:

h3oCharles wrote:



yes i took this button as inspiration and drawn my own version
i didnt take the asset from any skin DIRECTLY=> this isnt mixed skinning
check.
UPD: Checkmate it is i guess
Replicating someone else element doesnt make it yours.
its not a 100% copy either, so everything is still in the "allowed" zone
however if it isnt, let me know that it isnt. Ill redraw it
Your skin is great, don't take it's opinion, he don't have any arguments
Any opinion counts, in some way these dudes are right
Also Thanks for your feedback
posted
Jackshitting on that button eh.

That doesn't even fit in the general theme at the first place. Heck even the frenchman didn't help.

Anyway, got a thing for ya. Try to skin that infamous button in a way that those 2 won't even bother to butt in anymore, and will fit to your skin's general theme.
posted

OsuMe65 wrote:

Jackshitting on that button eh.

That doesn't even fit in the general theme at the first place. Heck even the frenchman didn't help.

Anyway, got a thing for ya. Try to skin that infamous button in a way that those 2 won't even bother to butt in anymore, and will fit to your skin's general theme.
Thanks for the idea
I'll try to make some different versions as soon as I will have some time to do that
UPD: no HECK in my Christian thread thanks
posted
k
posted

OsuMe65 wrote:

Jackshitting on that button eh.

That doesn't even fit in the general theme at the first place. Heck even the frenchman didn't help.

Anyway, got a thing for ya. Try to skin that infamous button in a way that those 2 won't even bother to butt in anymore, and will fit to your skin's general theme.
lmao
posted
nice!!! <3
posted
A little notification: I won't be able to release any updates, due to school and other things that popped up in the year end. Planning to start working on skinning other modes, first of all-Taiko. Also I'm planning a new skin, but had to put it back due to mentioned reasons. Stay tuned, bois
show more
Please sign in to reply.