forum

ZUN - Because Princess Inada is Scolding Me

posted
Total Posts
show more
bomber34

Chewin wrote:

[bomber's Insane]

00:10:076 (1) - Overlap better with 00:09:144 (1) changed ... even though i moved 00:09:144 (1)
00:11:753 (2,3,4) - Use the same 2.00x spacing of 00:11:566 (1,2) done
00:51:814 (1,2,3,4) - This could be pretty confusing and bothering to play çç I know what you are talking about, but i asked a lot of friends to test it and no one had problems with this. Let's see what i can do :/
00:57:777 (4) - Unrankable slider because totally overlapped with 00:57:031 (2) o.o lol i think it is perfectly readable and i see this kind of pattern so often in other maps but before we get to this annoying "Don't justify with other maps" discussion i change it :X
01:08:584 (2) - x:328 y:292 to make a triangle jump with 01:08:398 (1,3) k
01:12:683 (7) - New combo fine
This map needs some more work, especially on the inconsistant jumps :\ not to be unpolite but for a map that needs more work, you didn't wrote that much

That's it, Stefan.
Good luck with it >w</
Update
Jenny
I gave it to Stefan

Fix'd stuff~
Topic Starter
Stefan

Chewin wrote:

Hi Stefan, mod from my special queue.

[General]

Set PreviewTime: 12498 in the Hard Fixed.
I suggest you to remove letterbox because it cuts the girl's head o.o Changed.
I don't understand why the hard diff has different red lines point. You must fix it Fixed.

[Easy]

00:01:132 (1) - I suggest you to remove the 3rd waypoint because the slider would have a better flow without it k
00:04:113 (1) - ^ and move it to some grid down to blanket better with the previous circle (3) k
00:19:019 (1) - Remove whistles to keep consistency with previous hitsound parts, like: 00:16:038 (1,2,3) k
00:35:417 (1,2,3) - I'd use whistles on each sliders' heads and tails to fit that soft sound in the music k

[Normal]

00:49:578 (6) - New combo accoring to the new rhythm, remove it from 00:50:696 (1) Nah, it fits well.
01:00:385 (2,3) - To keep consistency with 00:57:404 (2,3) remove clap from (2) adding it on (3)'s start removing whisltle instead k
I fixed the unsnapped hitobjects in Ono's Diff. Thanks for the Mod.
those
[General]
  1. It's very obvious that 00:01:132 - is 6/4 and 00:03:368 - is 4/4. The musical motive starts at 00:01:132 - , and again at 00:03:368 - , then 00:06:349 - , and 00:09:330 - . A key thing to notice is the 4 tones (for example, 00:02:622 - sings "re ti so re"), and it happens before each occurrence of the motive. It's musical theory; unless there is something more relevant that I'm clearly missing, the time signatures I have given in my previous post are the correct ones.
  2. Because this was neglected, combos in the Jenny diff, for a clear example, has new combo in the wrong places. Assuming you're adding new combo to the "4 tones" pattern I stated above:
    1. 00:03:368 (3) - NC.
    2. 00:04:113 (1) - Remove NC.
    3. 00:06:349 (3) - NC.
    4. 00:07:094 (1) - Remove NC.
    5. 00:09:330 (5) - NC.
    6. 00:09:703 (1) - Remove NC.
  3. Also, 00:12:312 - would be a 2/4 measure before 00:13:057 - 4/4, but it is unnecessary to add that, nor is there exist that option.
Since you have effectively shifted the intro section by half a measure, it's important for all mappers to go through the map with the correct time signature and reapply new combos, hitsounds, and rhythm patterns exclusive to different parts of the measure. For example, Normal has a 00:04:113 (1) - Finish which should appear at 00:02:622 (5) - tail instead.

However, while not caring for time signatures and the like - I expect you'll have it fixed - I come forth with other mods.

[Taiko]
  1. 00:25:261 (2,1) - I can only suspect you somehow snapped these incorrectly, since nothing suggests a 1/4 rhythm. If you're simply adding an object 1/4 as a grace note (for a lack of a better explanation), that emptiness should be filled in as you're turning the two objects into a decoration.
    Take 00:25:261 (2,1,1,2,1) - for example. dk kdd d d k is how I would map it if I chose to use 1/4 dk. Otherwise what you have at 00:13:429 (1,2) - is much better.
  2. The above comment goes for every instance of 2/4 patterns followed by a 1/1 break. Though I still feel 00:29:734 (2,1,1,1) - is pretty strange and would probably turn it into dk ddk.
[Jenny]
  1. 00:58:615 (11) - Make consistent with 00:15:386 - .
  2. 00:49:578 - Start mapping here.
  3. 01:27:683 (1) - After time signature change, you'll find yourself ending spinner at 01:27:683 (1) - .
[bomber]
  1. Surprisingly the intro wasn't affected by the time signature difference. But 00:10:076 (1,2,3,4) - feels out of place; especially in an Insane, 4 1/1 objects in a row do not fit.
  2. 00:12:498 (1,2,3) - Fan these toward the outside instead of toward the inside; it will look better with regards to (4).
  3. 01:08:957 (4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - Is there a particular reason for spacing decrease? Or rather, is there a reason why 01:08:398 (1,2,3) - is a larger spacing?
And that's really about it. TC has good mapping as usual, but all diffs will definitely need their own fixes after time signatures are fixed. I'll talk about the Easy and Normal when that time comes.
Charles445

those wrote:

It's very obvious that 00:01:132 - is 6/4 and 00:03:368 - is 4/4.
Wait, WHAT?
00:03:368 - This is not a signature reset those! It's the third beat of the 4/4!
those
If you don't make the first measure 6/4, then every subsequent measure will be half a measure late. As explained in my previous post, the melody defines where the measures are, and it only makes sense that the first bar is 6/4. It's much easier to explain in person, but that's impossible, so you just gotta understand the theory behind it.
Charles445

those wrote:

If you don't make the first measure 6/4, then every subsequent measure will be half a measure late.
You say this but it is very clear that 00:04:113 - Is a correctly lined up big white tick (a new measure)
In fact, this is still the case for 00:07:094 - , 00:10:076 , and so on on 4/4

I really, honestly, truly have no idea why you're making something this simple so complicated.
MMzz
Charles asked me to look and I agree with him that they are correct. here is even some sheet music that backs up 4/4 timing.

I don't know what else to say other than I can guarantee that it's 4/4.
Topic Starter
Stefan
Alright, so I won't add the timing signature, suggested by those, to the Diffs.
But still thank you for taking time @ XATs.

Ono just told me that he won't make any changes, because it's fine for him.
those
I'm not trying to make it complicated, I'm trying to explain it to you. There's a reason why I suggested it, and it's because it doesn't make sense that the 4 tones (as above) that close off the measure is on beat 2 instead of beat 4.

Also, one can rewrite that sheet music so that the first measure is 6/4. But since there's a sheet here let's have a look at it.
In measure 2, the first four eighth notes aren't the melody that make up the start of the measure, considering that if you look at measure 1, the measure starts off with the x xxx x melody. Additionally, the chord that these four eighth notes make is the dominant chord, which hints that the beat after this is the beginning of a new measure.

Like I said above, it's all in musical theory. It doesn't matter if it fits on the white lines; it matters if it fits on the right white lines. As long as you have the right bpm you're bound to be on the white lines anyway.
lolcubes
I agree with 4/4 here. If you delete the notes it becomes really apparent as well, as you can hear the drumline (which sadly gets overshadowed by the map itself), which defines the rhythm clearly. It also gives you another perspective on how the melody works here. That brings one small issue though, because hearing/looking at your map I tend to lean towards 6/4 because of the comboing used.
Taken from bomber's Insane: 00:03:368 (1) - this should not be a new combo (edit: and should NOT have a finish), it's the part of the same musical line and brings confusion. Would be much better if you somehow made different spacing in that pattern. 00:06:349 (1) - Same here, etc.

tldr; I agree with 4/4. Change how comboing works.
No kd, just my opinion on the matter at hand.

edit: you might want to snap the kiai time properly, some kiai green lines are 10ms off (bomber's diff).
those
I can include a picture for better understanding.

If you split the bars like how I did, you can see the 4 eighth notes come before the start of the next bar, which means they are in the right place due to the nature of the chord.
lolcubes
I can see why you think that and if it was the melody only I might even agree. I will just leave out my last opinion on the matter.
The logic of the melody is that a certain section starts with the same melody piece previous section ended. This is only when analyzing the melody. (except for the 3rd part, there it's more obvious it's 4/4 actually).
Analyzing the drums, you get distinct rhythms which confirm this is 4/4. If you don't believe me check it yourself. I will try to illustrate here:

This is a pattern on how the (main) beats are coming and repeating (this is for the first 4 measures, later its different but this is enough to make a point). This alone should be enough for the song to warrant a 4/4 rhythm. Just because melody can be interpreted differently doesn't mean it's the only possible option (while ignoring the drums ofc). At least that's how I see the melody, like I described above.

I'm outta here for now, good luck with the mapset (and remove that newcombo/finish you have on those notes, they actually create the 6/4 illusion if you don't pay attention to the music).
OzzyOzrock
I've mapped this and am for the 4/4 party and therefore approve this message.
bomber34

those wrote:

[bomber]
  1. Surprisingly the intro wasn't affected by the time signature difference. But 00:10:076 (1,2,3,4) - feels out of place; especially in an Insane, 4 1/1 objects in a row do not fit. took some time to change it but ok. I actually liked that 4x 1/1 ... :( i suck at explaining so don't think to much about it but i found that it adds ... tension or just supports the following 2xdisance 1/2 "jump" part. Anyways i changed it.
  2. 00:12:498 (1,2,3) - Fan these toward the outside instead of toward the inside; it will look better with regards to (4). Thought the same before reading it when i changed the suggestion above
  3. 01:08:957 (4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - Is there a particular reason for spacing decrease? Or rather, is there a reason why 01:08:398 (1,2,3) - is a larger spacing? well i just took Chewin's suggestion there ... I didn't really checked the spacing orz. It does look nice though ... i try to change it
No idea about this timing thingy D: It worked the whole time (at least for me) so why change it? Stefan has to decide that, because of that all maps need same timing thingy rule guideline ...
Update
Jenny
Sent Stefan a lil' update
Hinanawi-sama
this set gets better and better after every update
if only i had a star :(
grumd
Hi guys, throwing my opinion in!
To see the timing signature clearly, we'd better separate one similar melody part in all measures.
We can use this part as an example: 00:02:622 - 00:03:181
These four beats are clearly distinguishable and can be separated in all measures easily.
Delete all new combos from beginning to 00:12:312.
Now add new combos at such similar parts:
00:02:622 - 00:03:368
00:05:604 - 00:06:349
00:08:585 - 00:09:330
00:11:566 - 00:12:312
It would be even better to color-hax to see the differences more clean.
Fine, after you done that, you will see such a picture: (deleted all triples, set custom colors and zoomed out)

It is obvious that these similar parts should (in music theory) land on the same parts in every measure. Then we can define timing signature by just looking at these parts' positions.
Every next part is 6/4 apart from previous one. If you plus 6/4 and that example part length (2/4), you'll get 8/4 = 4/4 × 2.
My conclusion is: this song is still 4/4 since all similar piano parts start every 8/4.

But still we have a little problem with the downbeat. It must land right after that darker parts' end (because they form the end of each measure), but it misses.
To fix that, you must either place the first red line at 00:00:386 - (not sure if it's okay to place first note not at the downbeat), or, as those is suggesting in irc now, set 6/4 at 00:01:132 - and 4/4 at 00:03:368.

Too long didn't read version:
00:01:132 - 6/4
00:03:368 - 4/4
Same from here 00:44:351 -
TicClick
I hope you know already about the thing called "emphasizing"; it doesn't mean a song changes its signature, it only means that a certain beat (or two, or three, doesn't matter) might be heard as a downbeat.
those

TicClick wrote:

I hope you know already about the thing called "emphasizing"; it doesn't mean a song changes its signature, it only means that a certain beat (or two, or three, doesn't matter) might be heard as a downbeat.
But the darker notes that grumd pointed out have to be at the end of the measure, due to its nature in the tonal system.
Derekku
I agree with the timing as it currently is (4/4 with two small 3/4 sections).

Some parts could be 6/4, but as others have said, it's just the way that the music repeats and not necessarily the time signature being different.
Luna
4/4 2/4 2/4 4/4 2/4 2/4 repeat
effectively the same as 4/4 throughout
Loctav
Contributing music theory stuff.
What Luna said is the most correct solution. The only difference between 2/4, 4/4 and 6/4 are the stress level of the notes. And to be honest, its definitely NOT 6/4.

(mad paint skills inc)

those
And you don't care that the chords formed by the notes are in the wrong place then? It can be any time signature you want, but the dark notes in grumd's post HAVE to be right before the next measure.

Some of you newer to this lesson discussion didn't realize that having only the first measure in 6/4 and the 4/4 to correct metronome will solve the entire issue. I am most definitely not suggesting that even more than one measure in a row should be 6/4.
Loctav
There is no issue. The issue is not even noticeable (only in taiko, and even there it's no big fuss)

The stressing is like Luna said, I seriously can determine only 2/4 and 4/4 and not 6/4.
Need to take a look on the notecharts later. The measure lines seem to be drawn in there so I'll recheck the values of the measures when I am at home.
But from what I can simply hear, 6/4 is not there.
Are these the correct notecharts (original) or fan made? I know many who just notate stuff wrong.

Edit: what grumd actually points out as 6/4 measure is still 4/4 with a a meter movement which might be mistaken as 6/4 measure.
The 5th beat on the '6/4' measure is as stressed as the 1st. And the 7th (next 4/4) also. For me the only proper solution is keeping 4/4, since the stressing doesn't follow what a 6/4 supposed to has and adding a 2/4 measures everywhere is so pointless and adds many many unneeded downbeats.
I think the stressing of the sections cause the confusion. The combos and hitsounds may amplified it.

Tl;dr: keep 4/4. Change is pointless, you may overthink comboing and slider useage to avoid confusion.
those
How do you explain this then? Or anyone here?

those wrote:

But the darker notes that grumd pointed out have to be at the end of the measure, due to its nature in the tonal system.
You can take any 4/4 piece of music, shift it by two beats, and emphasize the start of the measures after the shift, and say that your time signature is correct (which is obviously false since you took the correct time signature to start with and shifted it). But it's the relationship of the tones in the music that matters. There may be reasons why you feel rhythm emphasis can depict the time signature, but cadences always end on strong beats, not weak ones. The darker notes form the second last chord in the cadence (I don't know if you can hear this or not, but it is what it is), so the chord following it must be at a strong beat, i.e. the beginning of the measure.
Loctav
Well, like I said it's a change of 4/4 to 2/4. But putting this is technically pointless. You can keep nitpicking on stuff like this and I actually understand what you mean. 6/4 rhythms are called compound meters (at least in German) and consist of 4/4 and 2/4 but have a different stressing (see my graphic)
If you look on the drumbar below the melody bar it is still notated as 4/4. The whole chart is notated as 4/4. (except the triple time parts for sure)
Your feeling may differ from others and like I said, the comboing could amplify this confusion. It can be that the stressing is also misinterpreted by the useage of hold and press (slider-hitcircle laps)

But still, it's only nitpicking. Putting 6/4 leaves out downbeats that are way more necessary. Putting 4/4 2/4 (refer to Luna's post) is the most acceptable measure setting here.
Leaving it 4/4 may get messy after a time but can be solved with a metronome reset, if it is even necessary. But I consider this confusion as caused by the moved stressing of the notes (while drums stay constant). You can call this polymetric, I call this 4/4 with moved stressing.
those

Loctav wrote:

Putting 4/4 2/4 (refer to Luna's post) is the most acceptable measure setting here.
Setting the first measure as either 6/4 or breaking it into 4/4 and 2/4 is the same thing. It doesn't need to be 6/4, even; however, a 4/4 metronome reset is required at 00:03:368 - regardless, and that has been the only point I've been trying to make.
Loctav
Well, a metronome reset should work then, I think? Stefan should try it.

(sure 6/4 and 4/4 2/4 is technically the same. but if you really are nitpicking about stressed downbeats, then 4/4 and 2/4 is more accurate : P)
Topic Starter
Stefan
Well, happy to see that you all finally came to a compromise. :D
Thanks to all people who took the time to see about my Map. <3
Updated.
Jenny
Inada, Inada, Inada!
Topic Starter
Stefan
o3o
Topic Starter
Stefan
I still wait for someone for bringing my Map forward. :<
Anyway, me and Elly-chan had a VERY long IRC Mod, so here the Log:

Long!
25. Sept

12:21 Elly-chan: maps are cool
12:22 Stefan: uhhh, I think yeah.
12:25 Elly-chan: no
12:25 Elly-chan: stop no
12:25 *Elly-chan is editing [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/167409 ZUN - Because Princess Inada is Scolding Me [Easy]]
12:25 Stefan: Hmm.
12:25 Elly-chan: do something like ticclick did
12:25 Elly-chan: with a spinner
12:25 Elly-chan: instead after the first kiai
12:26 Elly-chan: sounds much better imo
12:26 Elly-chan: ps minoriko's face is funny hahahaha
12:27 Stefan: Yup
12:27 Elly-chan: same thing for normal diff btw
12:27 Stefan: Okay, let me change it.
12:27 Elly-chan: shizuha needs more love ;w;
12:27 Elly-chan: aight
12:28 Elly-chan: 00:13:057 - this slider on jenny's diff is unsnapped or something
12:28 Elly-chan: shorten it so it's like 00:16:038 -
12:30 Elly-chan: 00:56:286 - same right here in jenny's diff
12:30 Stefan: The Slider ends as 1/6.
12:30 Stefan: That's why.
12:30 Elly-chan: why
12:31 Stefan: But well, it sounds off.
12:31 Elly-chan: exactly
12:31 Stefan: Alright, fixed.
12:31 Elly-chan: thank youu
12:32 Elly-chan: brb

26. Sept

01:22 Elly-chan: oops sorry it's taking longer then i thought orz;; gotta give spboxer3 my map so can you wait just a little bit longer ahh ;____;
01:22 Elly-chan: longer ahh ;____;
01:22 Elly-chan: sorry for the delay lolo;;
01:22 Stefan: np, just take your time
01:34 Elly-chan: aight ready \o\
01:34 Elly-chan: *Elly-chan this is why you shouldn't let me take my time haha
01:34 Stefan: kk
01:35 Stefan: We start with Easy.
01:37 Elly-chan: ofc
01:39 Elly-chan: let's see, what do you prefer first
01:39 Elly-chan: NC/Hitsound mods or Aesthetic/Flow
01:39 Stefan: Flow is more important to me.
01:39 Stefan: As NC or Hitsounding.
01:40 Elly-chan: .. so which ones do you want me to mod first o3o
01:40 Stefan: The flow part.
01:41 Elly-chan: aight
01:43 Elly-chan: quick question tho
01:43 Elly-chan: 00:03:368 - why do you have a BPM timing point here
01:43 Stefan: People had a very long discussion about time signatures for my map, you can read it in the thread about this.
01:44 Elly-chan: ah
01:44 Stefan: those and some other people discussed if they are neccessary or not.
01:44 Elly-chan: oh yeah i read that lol;; forgot for a second
01:44 Elly-chan: aight
01:45 Elly-chan: *Elly-chan professional elly mode on boop
01:46 Elly-chan: 00:04:113 (1) - Why don't you make this appear as if it's blanketing (3)? You don't have to of course, but it's a bit more aestheticly pleasing in my opinion. It's easy to fix if you do try it out :P
01:46 Elly-chan: bit more aestheticly pleasing in my opinion. It's easy to fix if you do try it out :P
01:47 Stefan: http://puu.sh/18Mrc I hope you mean this.
01:47 Elly-chan: Of course~
01:47 Stefan: Ok.
01:50 Elly-chan: I'll also be jumping around areas of the Easy difficulty if you don't mind lol..
01:50 Stefan: Sure.
01:50 Elly-chan: 01:05:230 (4) - Why don't you remove the repeat and add a spinner like in the first kiai? Sounds a bit empty in this part ):
01:50 Elly-chan: this part ):
01:50 Elly-chan: You could also move (1) over and delete one of the hitcircles or just replace it with one hitcircle at 01:08:956 -
01:52 Stefan: I delete 01:09:702 (2) - and moved (1)
01:52 Stefan: at 01:08:956 - .
01:53 Stefan: I deleted the repeat of 01:05:230 (4) - and added a Spinner, as you suggested.
01:53 Elly-chan: Aight, I'll see exactly what you did when you update when we're finished the IRC mod. :P ((Assuming you would like a re-check, correct?))
01:53 Elly-chan: would like a re-check, correct?))
01:53 Stefan: Yes.
01:54 Elly-chan: 01:14:174 (1) - http://puu.sh/18MuZ This sounds much better imo.
01:54 Elly-chan: Aight.
01:57 Elly-chan: Including the end, if you'd like to do this pattern instead which sounds much better in my opinion ((The section before the spinner and (3) in the Orange combo)) http://puu.sh/18Mwr
01:57 Elly-chan: before the spinner and (3) in the Orange combo)) http://puu.sh/18Mwr
01:57 Elly-chan: Would be appreciated :P Sounds better then that awkward last repeat slider D:
01:58 Elly-chan: Also, no Shizuha in the tags? D:
01:58 Stefan: Oh, I'll add it to the tags.
01:59 Elly-chan: Aight :3
02:02 Elly-chan: mm quick afk my sis is calling
02:02 Elly-chan: :3
02:04 Stefan: k
02:06 Elly-chan: back
02:06 Stefan: wb
02:06 Elly-chan: thankss
02:07 Elly-chan: did you reply to my other suggestions? \o\
02:08 Stefan: Uhm, yeah, I change the suggestion about the very last part.
02:08 Elly-chan: okie
02:08 Elly-chan: as for 01:14:174 - ?
02:09 Stefan: Yes.
02:09 Elly-chan: aight :3
02:18 Elly-chan: aight sorry for that moment of randomness //back into mod mode hueheu//
02:19 Stefan: Yeah, it's okay. ^^
02:19 Elly-chan: 00:07:094 - These sliders.. Do you think you can turn them into arc/curve sliders instead? ;^;
02:19 Elly-chan: They don't look that aestheticly pleasing in game play imo
02:23 Stefan: Good, I changed them.
02:24 Elly-chan: http://puu.sh/18MM8 00:29:454 (5) - I think you should re-arrange the anchor points like that so the slider has a more flowey feeling to it.
02:24 Elly-chan: a more flowey feeling to it.
02:25 Elly-chan: ff--
02:25 Elly-chan: afk breakfast ;___;
02:26 Stefan: np
02:31 Elly-chan: backk again lmao
02:32 Stefan: wb
02:32 Elly-chan: did you submit ?
02:32 Stefan: I updated it right now, so check out the changes.
02:32 Stefan: Because, I changed sume stuff in my purpose.
02:33 Elly-chan: aight
02:35 Elly-chan: 00:19:019 - Could you also change this into an art slider too? Shape looks awkward and not visually pleasing imo
02:35 Elly-chan: imo
02:36 Stefan: Anyway, it looks MUCH better now, with your suggestion, and with some changes by me.
02:36 Elly-chan: ah, the map from the mod? haha
02:36 Elly-chan: I'm still not done ;O
02:37 Stefan: Yeah I know. haha
02:38 Stefan: And I changed 00:19:019 (1) - for a bit.
02:38 Elly-chan: aight
02:40 Elly-chan: 00:35:417 (1, 2) - I think this pattern is better like this imo, http://puu.sh/18MW2 ; A bit better flow and the last one now follows the BGM better rather then the previous one where it just did two long sliders that followed the BGM with the ticks only >w<
02:40 Elly-chan: last one now follows the BGM better rather then the previous one where it just did two long sliders that followed the BGM with the ticks only >w<
02:40 Elly-chan: followed the BGM with the ticks only >w<
02:44 Stefan: Good.
02:47 Elly-chan: 00:48:833 (3) - http://puu.sh/18N0v how about this beat pattern instead?
02:47 Elly-chan: Sounds better imo, didn't really understand the long repeat slider or what it follows exactly orz
02:48 Stefan: Nah, I perfer the current slider to be honest.
02:50 Elly-chan: ahh oki
02:53 Elly-chan: 00:53:305 (1) - Why is there a somewhat anti-jump here..?
02:53 Elly-chan: Can you space it out normally? lol
02:55 Stefan: Woops, didn't see.
03:00 Elly-chan: 01:18:646 - http://puu.sh/18N8K Maybe this? ORZ;; Current slider arrangement just seems a little bit messy to me D:
03:00 Elly-chan: me D:
03:03 Elly-chan: 01:14:174 (1) - There's an anti-jump here too, I think ><
03:04 Stefan: good.
03:05 Elly-chan: http://puu.sh/18Nby 01:08:956 (1, 2, 3, 4) - I think you should re-arrange these notes like this, flows better imo and looks more aesthetically pleasing
03:05 Elly-chan: imo and looks more aesthetically pleasing
03:05 Stefan: Anyway, we will need to continue the Mod later. Because I have to go in a half hour.
03:05 Elly-chan: Ah, alright
03:06 Elly-chan: So you're done for now? haha
03:06 Stefan: So we finish the Easy Diff mod, and if it's ok for you, we will do later the Mod for Normal.
03:07 Elly-chan: ahh
03:07 Elly-chan: Yeah okie
03:07 Elly-chan: After fixing that last mod thing I posted update please so I can see what you have :P
03:11 Stefan: Okay, updated.
03:13 Elly-chan: 01:08:956 00:36:535 (2) - Move it to the right a bit more so it's directly under (1)? ;w;
03:15 Stefan: http://puu.sh/18Ni4 This?
03:15 Elly-chan: yea
03:15 Oh lol what happened to that line.. 00:36:535 - *
03:16 Stefan: Idk.
03:16 Elly-chan: mm and then this is just some stuff i'm definitly unsure about but I have no idea to fix, so if you have an idea feel free to try to fix it ahh
03:16 Elly-chan: feel free to try to fix it ahh
03:17 Stefan: Okay.
03:17 Elly-chan: 00:07:094 (1) - These two big sliders are really weird to play in-game but I have no idea how to fix them; can you try re-shaping them ((AGAIN)) but keep the anchor point in the middle because it makes the middle slider tick stand out? xD
03:17 Elly-chan: you try re-shaping them ((AGAIN)) but keep the anchor point in the middle because it makes the middle slider tick stand out? xD
03:17 Elly-chan: tick stand out? xD
03:18 Elly-chan: Hold down shift and then drag the (1) slider down 00:16:038 -
03:18 Elly-chan: plays better lined up imo
03:18 Elly-chan: 00:19:019 (1) - Just make this into an arc? orz
03:18 Elly-chan: 00:53:305 (1, 2) - These slider shapes don't fit with the music imo
03:19 Elly-chan: 00:56:286 - This whole first half of the kiai is really weird concidering you made the long sliders longer orz;;
03:19 Elly-chan: maybe shorten them like the first kiai? sounds waaaay better to me
03:19 Elly-chan: i get that you want diversity but it sounds horrible in this case imo ;__;
03:20 Elly-chan: last pattern: 01:18:646 - it plays weirdly when it's not centered imo
03:20 Elly-chan: try to center it..? lol
03:20 Elly-chan: anyways yeah that's the end of aesthetics/flow/etc \o\
03:20 Elly-chan: when you get back later we can do hitsounds/nc
03:20 Elly-chan: lol
03:21 Stefan: good
03:34 Stefan: Alright, I updated the Diff, we'll talk later again.
03:34 Stefan: See ya \o
03:35 Elly-chan: bye \o\

27. Sept

12:38 Elly-chan: Don't forget to add Shizuha to the tags of all the other diffs, also. >w<
12:38 Stefan: Yep, I did.
12:38 Elly-chan: great~
12:39 Stefan: Alright, I am ready. o3o
12:41 Elly-chan: 00:19:019 (1) - Just use a curve slider please ;n; orz
12:42 Stefan: Alright..
12:44 Elly-chan: 00:54:236 (1) - Same here ;^;
12:46 Stefan: Done.
12:48 Elly-chan: 01:00:478 (1, 2) - Personally, I think this is better and less messy. Maybe change it to this instead so that it's a 'true' blanket? >W< http://puu.sh/18WAJ
12:48 Elly-chan: 'true' blanket? >W< http://puu.sh/18WAJ
12:51 Stefan: It acutally blanks perfect together, the only difference is the "small" part at the start.
12:51 Elly-chan: yeah that's the part I don't like
12:56 Stefan: Good, changed.
12:56 Elly-chan: brb for a few mins now //orz
12:56 Stefan: Okay
01:32 Elly-chan: Back
01:32 Elly-chan: longer then i expected
01:33 Elly-chan: anyways, did you update
01:33 Stefan: Not yet, should I?
01:36 Stefan: Well, not important anymore, updated.
01:36 Stefan: brb taking Shower, you can already start
01:37 Elly-chan: okie
01:54 Elly-chan: actually might have to go soon so we can continue this another time..? ><
01:54 Stefan: Yes.
01:54 Stefan: Just came back.
01:55 Stefan: Anyway, what about the other Diffs? Do you gonna mod them too?
01:55 Elly-chan: yeah
01:55 Stefan: Alright.

29. Sept

02:21 Stefan: Good morning!
02:26 Elly-chan: Morning <3
02:26 Stefan: sup?
02:26 Elly-chan: not much aside from being bored \:D/
02:27 Stefan: Well, if you aren't busy now, we could "finish" our mod.
02:30 Elly-chan: sure
02:30 Stefan: Well, can we start now?
02:31 Elly-chan: ok
02:32 Stefan: Good, we talked about Hitsounding, and I think this is the main problem of my two Diffs.
02:32 Elly-chan: yeah, the main problem is the obnoxious hitsounds
02:33 Elly-chan: not because yours are wrong
02:33 Elly-chan: but because of the Normal <-- hitsound option
02:33 Stefan: I noticed that the Hitsounds got messed up over the mods, obviously.
02:33 Elly-chan: imo it'd sound WAY better to just lower it to soft
02:33 Elly-chan: and ye
02:33 Elly-chan: i can fix that hopefully haha
02:33 Stefan: So when I should use soft hitsounds?
02:33 Elly-chan: just tell me what you want your hitsounds to follow and i'll nitpick the shit out of them
02:33 Elly-chan: *Elly-chan runs
02:33 Elly-chan: umm, hold on, lemme see
02:33 Stefan: Ok.
02:34 Elly-chan: well, imo, i think it's just be better to use them throughout the entire map
02:34 Stefan: Good.
02:36 Stefan: Okay, I got some ideas now.
02:36 Elly-chan: okay
02:36 Stefan: 00:01:132 (1) - Finish is still at the Start but now Whistle at the End.
02:36 Elly-chan: would you like to rehitsound both diffs and then upload ?
02:37 Elly-chan: oh ok
02:37 Elly-chan: aight hold on haha
02:37 Elly-chan: can you upload with the soft sampleset hitsounds
02:37 Stefan: Sure.
02:39 Stefan: Done.
02:41 Elly-chan: aight
02:43 Elly-chan: 00:04:858 - whistle here, then
02:43 Stefan: Yeah yeah, I already work on it. xD
02:43 Elly-chan: oh aight
02:44 Stefan: I will upload the update in some minutes.
02:44 Elly-chan: so you're rehitsounding yourself? xD
02:44 Elly-chan: okay
02:44 Elly-chan: tell me when \o\
02:44 Stefan: Yup, and because of the Idea, and now since the hitsounds are soft, I try to change it in my own sight.
02:51 Stefan: Alright, Easy got completly re-hitsounded.
02:51 Elly-chan: aight, am i waiting on normal too, or .. ?
02:52 Stefan: Uhm, well, I will re-hitsound Normal now.
02:52 Elly-chan: dehufij ok
02:52 Elly-chan: *Elly-chan quick afk
02:58 Stefan: brb
03:14 Stefan: Back
03:16 Elly-chan: welcome back
03:16 Stefan: Thanks
03:16 Elly-chan: np
03:17 Stefan: Anyway, I found the Idea about the soft Claps like in Tic's Diff really cool.
03:17 Stefan: So I will use them in my Diff too.
03:22 Elly-chan: aight
Mercurial
Go update this.
Topic Starter
Stefan

Mercurial wrote:

Go update this.
I am waiting that Sallad4ever is going to mod it.
Jenny
I am waiting for your rank.
bomber34

Jenny wrote:

yo I am waiting, too
Topic Starter
Stefan

bomber34 wrote:

Jenny wrote:

yo I am waiting, too
;w;
Sallad4ever
Sorry for the late reply

[General]
  1. I've read the timing signature discussion and I'm on the side that the signature on 00:01:132 should be 4/4 & the timing section on 00:03:368 is unnecessary, but rather than starting another discussion just let the next BAT give you the final judgement and leave it as it is for now
  2. The last 2 uninherited timing section in TicClick's diff are different then the other diff, please fix this

[Easy]

1. 00:10:076 (1) - Add finish at the start
  2. 00:48:833 (3) - Add finish at the slider end
  3. 00:53:305 (1) - Add finish at the start
  4. 00:59:267 (1) - Whistle at the end sounds better than clap
[Normal]
  1. 00:33:926 (1) - Remove NC
  2. 00:53:305 (1) - Change the whistle at the slider start to finish or maybe make it into 2 finish at the start and the end so it'll be the same with 00:10:076 (1)
  3. 00:55:168 (4,5) - I suggest to CTRL + G these 2. The end of slider is kinda passive considering the emphasize on 00:55:541, so rather than a slider a circle give better feedback for the music
  4. 01:12:683 (4) - Hmm...This looks better if you change the last red point into a normal one. Kinda like this

[TicCl!ck's Hard]

1. Hmm could you tone down the 1/2 beat whistle a little? Almost all of the 1/2 beat have whistle, not that it's bad it's just a little too much. My suggestion is remove whistle on:
    1. 00:13:057 (1)
    2. 00:14:175 (4)
    3. 00:16:038 (1)
    4. 00:18:833 (4) - or maybe change it into clap for a double clap
    5. 00:19:019 (1)
    6. 00:20:324 (5)
    7. 00:22:001 (1)
    8. 00:23:305 (4)
    That's the gist of if. Of course it's up to you to change it or not
  2. 00:06:722 - If you're following the music very closely, there should be a note here
  3. 00:49:951 - ^

[bomber's Insane]

1. 00:28:895 (6,7) - It's better to continue the previous flow by CTRL+G these 2
  2. 01:12:683 (1) - I try making the slider more symmetrical
    SPOILER

100,256,72683,6,2,B|108:312|156:340|200:340|200:340|216:320|216:320|236:340|236:340|256:320|256:320|276:340|276:340|296:320|296:320|312:340|312:340|356:340|404:312|412:256,1,450,8|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0

[Jenny]

1. 01:27:683 (1) - Better remove this & end the map the same as other diffs. The fade out doesn't really good for a spinner
That's all from me. Good Luck~
Topic Starter
Stefan

Sallad4ever wrote:

Sorry for the late reply

[General]
  1. I've read the timing signature discussion and I'm on the side that the signature on 00:01:132 should be 4/4 & the timing section on 00:03:368 is unnecessary, but rather than starting another discussion just let the next BAT give you the final judgement and leave it as it is for now Alright.
  2. The last 2 uninherited timing section in TicClick's diff are different then the other diff, please fix this Gonna fix this, when I get Tic's Update.

[Easy]

1. 00:10:076 (1) - Add finish at the start Ok.
  2. 00:48:833 (3) - Add finish at the slider end Alright.
  3. 00:53:305 (1) - Add finish at the start Ok.
  4. 00:59:267 (1) - Whistle at the end sounds better than clap Good.
[Normal]
  1. 00:33:926 (1) - Remove NC There starts a new part of the Song..
  2. 00:53:305 (1) - Change the whistle at the slider start to finish or maybe make it into 2 finish at the start and the end so it'll be the same with 00:10:076 (1) Ok.
  3. 00:55:168 (4,5) - I suggest to CTRL + G these 2. The end of slider is kinda passive considering the emphasize on 00:55:541, so rather than a slider a circle give better feedback for the music I see what you mean, changed.
  4. 01:12:683 (4) - Hmm...This looks better if you change the last red point into a normal one. Kinda like this Okay!
Thanks for your Mod!
show more