ZUN - Because Princess Inada is Scolding Me

posted
Total Posts
316
show more
Topic Starter
Stefan

Deif wrote:

Dadadadaaaaa dadada dadadadadaaaaaaa ♪♫♪♫

[Normal]

OD 4. 5 is a bit high for a Normal. Okay.

00:17:529 (3,4) - According to the long trumpet note, both circles can be converted into a single slider. Changed, and the parts until the 1st Spinner.

Seems like you forgot about whistles in Kiai#2... How about adding some in the points with higher notes? Like 00:29:454 (4) - start and end, or 00:33:927 (1). No, I am pretty sure with my Hitsounding, it's fine.

Good luck with this mapset, Stefan! Thanks \:D
OnosakiHito
Normaly this should be a 1/6, not 1/8. Dunno what happened there. Thank you Deif!

http://puu.sh/10u1u
TicClick

those wrote:

Time signatures:
  1. 00:12:312 - 2/4
  2. 00:55:541 - 2/4
please no What's the point of using 2/4 when it can be successfully replaced by 4/4 without any difference?

Also,

those wrote:

Time signatures:
  1. 00:01:132 - 6/4
  2. 00:03:368 - 4/4
This is completely wrong.
Charles445
This is 4/4 and 3/4, there's nothing else.
Topic Starter
Stefan

TicClick wrote:

those wrote:

Time signatures:
  1. 00:12:312 - 2/4
  2. 00:55:541 - 2/4
I already told those that there is no 2/4, and yes, 4/4 is the same here.

I changed the 6/4 into 4/4.
Chewin
Hi Stefan, mod from my special queue.

[General]

Set PreviewTime: 12498 in the Hard
I suggest you to remove letterbox because it cuts the girl's head o.o
I don't understand why the hard diff has different red lines point. You must fix it

[Easy]


00:01:132 (1) - I suggest you to remove the 3rd waypoint because the slider would have a better flow without it
00:04:113 (1) - ^ and move it to some grid down to blanket better with the previous circle (3)
00:19:019 (1) - Remove whistles to keep consistency with previous hitsound parts, like: 00:16:038 (1,2,3)
00:35:417 (1,2,3) - I'd use whistles on each sliders' heads and tails to fit that soft sound in the music

[Normal]

00:49:578 (6) - New combo accoring to the new rhythm, remove it from 00:50:696 (1)
01:00:385 (2,3) - To keep consistency with 00:57:404 (2,3) remove clap from (2) adding it on (3)'s start removing whisltle instead

[TicCl!ck's Hard]

00:26:086 (5) - CTRL + R flows better
01:09:688 (1) - clap
01:26:458 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - It's confusing considering the previous easy part.
Make it as a normal circle stream, a 1/2 sliders stream or a 1/2 repeated sliders stream plz
The map is good, but all elements are unsnapped lol. You must snap them all.

[Ono's Taiko Oni]

00:55:403 (2) - Unsnapped circle
00:55:465 (3) - Unsnapped circle


[Jenny]

00:25:448 (5) - You can also remove this circle to keep sound consistency with 00:28:429
00:39:516 (5) - This slider fits the song till 00:39:889. It'd be better if you remove a slider's repeat adding a circle on the next empty part.
01:08:677 (5) - same of 00:25:448 (5)
01:22:745 (5) - Copied past part lol you already know

[bomber's Insane]

00:10:076 (1) - Overlap better with 00:09:144 (1)
00:11:753 (2,3,4) - Use the same 2.00x spacing of 00:11:566 (1,2)
00:51:814 (1,2,3,4) - This could be pretty confusing and bothering to play çç
00:57:777 (4) - Unrankable slider because totally overlapped with 00:57:031 (2)
01:08:584 (2) - x:328 y:292 to make a triangle jump with 01:08:398 (1,3)
01:12:683 (7) - New combo
This map needs some more work, especially on the inconsistant jumps :\

That's it, Stefan.
Good luck with it >w</
TicClick

Chewin wrote:

[General]

Set PreviewTime: 12498 in the Hard — Done!
I suggest you to remove letterbox because it cuts the girl's head o.o — k done
I don't understand why the hard diff has different red lines point. You must fix itI don't know what happened to it. Ok, so I wiped all the unnecessary points and used Leorda's metronome fix (I added +14 to follow other diffs and keep the offset correct (or rather good-approximated; better take it as a basis).

[TicCl!ck's Hard]

00:26:086 (5) - CTRL + R flows better — agreed
01:09:688 (1) - clap — no!
01:26:458 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - It's confusing considering the previous easy part. — Ok, re-mapped to kickslider stream
The map is good, but all elements are unsnapped lol. You must snap them all.lol done
[Download link]
bomber34

Chewin wrote:

[bomber's Insane]

00:10:076 (1) - Overlap better with 00:09:144 (1) changed ... even though i moved 00:09:144 (1)
00:11:753 (2,3,4) - Use the same 2.00x spacing of 00:11:566 (1,2) done
00:51:814 (1,2,3,4) - This could be pretty confusing and bothering to play çç I know what you are talking about, but i asked a lot of friends to test it and no one had problems with this. Let's see what i can do :/
00:57:777 (4) - Unrankable slider because totally overlapped with 00:57:031 (2) o.o lol i think it is perfectly readable and i see this kind of pattern so often in other maps but before we get to this annoying "Don't justify with other maps" discussion i change it :X
01:08:584 (2) - x:328 y:292 to make a triangle jump with 01:08:398 (1,3) k
01:12:683 (7) - New combo fine
This map needs some more work, especially on the inconsistant jumps :\ not to be unpolite but for a map that needs more work, you didn't wrote that much

That's it, Stefan.
Good luck with it >w</
Update
Jenny
I gave it to Stefan

Fix'd stuff~
Topic Starter
Stefan

Chewin wrote:

Hi Stefan, mod from my special queue.

[General]

Set PreviewTime: 12498 in the Hard Fixed.
I suggest you to remove letterbox because it cuts the girl's head o.o Changed.
I don't understand why the hard diff has different red lines point. You must fix it Fixed.

[Easy]


00:01:132 (1) - I suggest you to remove the 3rd waypoint because the slider would have a better flow without it k
00:04:113 (1) - ^ and move it to some grid down to blanket better with the previous circle (3) k
00:19:019 (1) - Remove whistles to keep consistency with previous hitsound parts, like: 00:16:038 (1,2,3) k
00:35:417 (1,2,3) - I'd use whistles on each sliders' heads and tails to fit that soft sound in the music k

[Normal]

00:49:578 (6) - New combo accoring to the new rhythm, remove it from 00:50:696 (1) Nah, it fits well.
01:00:385 (2,3) - To keep consistency with 00:57:404 (2,3) remove clap from (2) adding it on (3)'s start removing whisltle instead k
I fixed the unsnapped hitobjects in Ono's Diff. Thanks for the Mod.
those
[General]
  1. It's very obvious that 00:01:132 - is 6/4 and 00:03:368 - is 4/4. The musical motive starts at 00:01:132 - , and again at 00:03:368 - , then 00:06:349 - , and 00:09:330 - . A key thing to notice is the 4 tones (for example, 00:02:622 - sings "re ti so re"), and it happens before each occurrence of the motive. It's musical theory; unless there is something more relevant that I'm clearly missing, the time signatures I have given in my previous post are the correct ones.
  2. Because this was neglected, combos in the Jenny diff, for a clear example, has new combo in the wrong places. Assuming you're adding new combo to the "4 tones" pattern I stated above:
    1. 00:03:368 (3) - NC.
    2. 00:04:113 (1) - Remove NC.
    3. 00:06:349 (3) - NC.
    4. 00:07:094 (1) - Remove NC.
    5. 00:09:330 (5) - NC.
    6. 00:09:703 (1) - Remove NC.
  3. Also, 00:12:312 - would be a 2/4 measure before 00:13:057 - 4/4, but it is unnecessary to add that, nor is there exist that option.


Since you have effectively shifted the intro section by half a measure, it's important for all mappers to go through the map with the correct time signature and reapply new combos, hitsounds, and rhythm patterns exclusive to different parts of the measure. For example, Normal has a 00:04:113 (1) - Finish which should appear at 00:02:622 (5) - tail instead.

However, while not caring for time signatures and the like - I expect you'll have it fixed - I come forth with other mods.

[Taiko]
  1. 00:25:261 (2,1) - I can only suspect you somehow snapped these incorrectly, since nothing suggests a 1/4 rhythm. If you're simply adding an object 1/4 as a grace note (for a lack of a better explanation), that emptiness should be filled in as you're turning the two objects into a decoration.
    Take 00:25:261 (2,1,1,2,1) - for example. dk kdd d d k is how I would map it if I chose to use 1/4 dk. Otherwise what you have at 00:13:429 (1,2) - is much better.
  2. The above comment goes for every instance of 2/4 patterns followed by a 1/1 break. Though I still feel 00:29:734 (2,1,1,1) - is pretty strange and would probably turn it into dk ddk.


[Jenny]
  1. 00:58:615 (11) - Make consistent with 00:15:386 - .
  2. 00:49:578 - Start mapping here.
  3. 01:27:683 (1) - After time signature change, you'll find yourself ending spinner at 01:27:683 (1) - .


[bomber]
  1. Surprisingly the intro wasn't affected by the time signature difference. But 00:10:076 (1,2,3,4) - feels out of place; especially in an Insane, 4 1/1 objects in a row do not fit.
  2. 00:12:498 (1,2,3) - Fan these toward the outside instead of toward the inside; it will look better with regards to (4).
  3. 01:08:957 (4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - Is there a particular reason for spacing decrease? Or rather, is there a reason why 01:08:398 (1,2,3) - is a larger spacing?


And that's really about it. TC has good mapping as usual, but all diffs will definitely need their own fixes after time signatures are fixed. I'll talk about the Easy and Normal when that time comes.
Charles445

those wrote:

It's very obvious that 00:01:132 - is 6/4 and 00:03:368 - is 4/4.
Wait, WHAT?
00:03:368 - This is not a signature reset those! It's the third beat of the 4/4!
those
If you don't make the first measure 6/4, then every subsequent measure will be half a measure late. As explained in my previous post, the melody defines where the measures are, and it only makes sense that the first bar is 6/4. It's much easier to explain in person, but that's impossible, so you just gotta understand the theory behind it.
Charles445

those wrote:

If you don't make the first measure 6/4, then every subsequent measure will be half a measure late.
You say this but it is very clear that 00:04:113 - Is a correctly lined up big white tick (a new measure)
In fact, this is still the case for 00:07:094 - , 00:10:076 , and so on on 4/4

I really, honestly, truly have no idea why you're making something this simple so complicated.
MMzz
Charles asked me to look and I agree with him that they are correct. here is even some sheet music that backs up 4/4 timing.


I don't know what else to say other than I can guarantee that it's 4/4.
Topic Starter
Stefan
Alright, so I won't add the timing signature, suggested by those, to the Diffs.
But still thank you for taking time @ XATs.

Ono just told me that he won't make any changes, because it's fine for him.
those
I'm not trying to make it complicated, I'm trying to explain it to you. There's a reason why I suggested it, and it's because it doesn't make sense that the 4 tones (as above) that close off the measure is on beat 2 instead of beat 4.

Also, one can rewrite that sheet music so that the first measure is 6/4. But since there's a sheet here let's have a look at it.
In measure 2, the first four eighth notes aren't the melody that make up the start of the measure, considering that if you look at measure 1, the measure starts off with the x xxx x melody. Additionally, the chord that these four eighth notes make is the dominant chord, which hints that the beat after this is the beginning of a new measure.

Like I said above, it's all in musical theory. It doesn't matter if it fits on the white lines; it matters if it fits on the right white lines. As long as you have the right bpm you're bound to be on the white lines anyway.
lolcubes
I agree with 4/4 here. If you delete the notes it becomes really apparent as well, as you can hear the drumline (which sadly gets overshadowed by the map itself), which defines the rhythm clearly. It also gives you another perspective on how the melody works here. That brings one small issue though, because hearing/looking at your map I tend to lean towards 6/4 because of the comboing used.
Taken from bomber's Insane: 00:03:368 (1) - this should not be a new combo (edit: and should NOT have a finish), it's the part of the same musical line and brings confusion. Would be much better if you somehow made different spacing in that pattern. 00:06:349 (1) - Same here, etc.

tldr; I agree with 4/4. Change how comboing works.
No kd, just my opinion on the matter at hand.

edit: you might want to snap the kiai time properly, some kiai green lines are 10ms off (bomber's diff).
those
I can include a picture for better understanding.


If you split the bars like how I did, you can see the 4 eighth notes come before the start of the next bar, which means they are in the right place due to the nature of the chord.
lolcubes
I can see why you think that and if it was the melody only I might even agree. I will just leave out my last opinion on the matter.
The logic of the melody is that a certain section starts with the same melody piece previous section ended. This is only when analyzing the melody. (except for the 3rd part, there it's more obvious it's 4/4 actually).
Analyzing the drums, you get distinct rhythms which confirm this is 4/4. If you don't believe me check it yourself. I will try to illustrate here:



This is a pattern on how the (main) beats are coming and repeating (this is for the first 4 measures, later its different but this is enough to make a point). This alone should be enough for the song to warrant a 4/4 rhythm. Just because melody can be interpreted differently doesn't mean it's the only possible option (while ignoring the drums ofc). At least that's how I see the melody, like I described above.

I'm outta here for now, good luck with the mapset (and remove that newcombo/finish you have on those notes, they actually create the 6/4 illusion if you don't pay attention to the music).
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply