forum

How much practice a week to improve

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
--HatsuneMiku
Hey everyone! Newbie here. I was just wondering how much practice does it take to complete high star maps? (e.g. 6-8*). More specifically per week how much is a good amount to practice.I've only been playing for around 4 hours and I just barely pass a 4 star but can pretty comfortably do a 2.5* -3* (though I really struggle to do stacks - any tips? Probably just practice lol) Is this good progress? And how much practice do you think I should do to improve quickly/well? Thanks :)
OneTrueDuceOK
The higher you go, the harder it is to improve. It took me only about 30-60hrs of osu to get used to 4*. For 5*? Well, 5* is gonna be a lot harder than 4* because it is where cross screen jumps, fast burst, deathstreams, etc are getting more common. I have 260hrs of Osu where I always played outside of my comfort zone and I still can't say I am good at it to it. Some 5* like Scarlet Roses and many other 5* maps are so hard that even a good portion of 5 digits (100k-10k) are having trouble getting a good score on it. For 6*, it'll take even longer because it's a whole different level different than 5*. Jumps and sliders are either getting a lot faster, complicated, far apart, or all of them at the same time. Streams are getting faster, longer, and some more space. And you can imagine the rest for 7* and up.

Right now, if you want to improve quickly, ALWAYS PLAY OUTSIDE OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE. Play maps that challenge your limit, but you still have a good chance of passing them. Even if you're uncomfortable playing that one type of map, play it, get used to it, get good at it. Find your own playstyle, don't copy the pros, play with the setting that you're comfortable with. Practice what you are not good at. Always play consistently, don't take a long break just because you feel lazy. Lastly, try to not determine your skill on pp alone, farming pp is fine, but don't go crazy over it, focus on improving yourself than pp, then eventually, you'll set the score you want, I can't tell how many times player (I also made this mistake before, don't repeat it after me) sacrifices the tons of time they could've used to improve themselves for pp that they don't deserve.
Juuuuuuuuul
a few hours /day every day for years. except if you're a prodigy.
ADelicateOrange
No need to be best, just nice and have fun.
KupcaH
A lot
Deva
You need to play four weeks a day.
im flat

Juuuuuuuuul wrote:

? i choked 7* fcs at 200 hours lol im not a prodigy at all i suck at everything lmao
Juuuuuuuuul

im flat wrote:

? i choked 7* fcs at 200 hours lol im not a prodigy at all i suck at everything lmao
You're a prodigy, an accuracy prodigy !
Deva

im flat wrote:

Juuuuuuuuul wrote:

It's a 20 second map and you didn't even get 80% on it ._.
im flat

Deva wrote:

im flat wrote:

Juuuuuuuuul wrote:

It's a 20 second map and you didn't even get 80% on it ._.

i can't acc lol
Topic Starter
--HatsuneMiku

OneTrueDuceOK wrote:

The higher you go, the harder it is to improve. It took me only about 30-60hrs of osu to get used to 4*. For 5*? Well, 5* is gonna be a lot harder than 4* because it is where cross screen jumps, fast burst, deathstreams, etc are getting more common. I have 260hrs of Osu where I always played outside of my comfort zone and I still can't say I am good at it to it. Some 5* like Scarlet Roses and many other 5* maps are so hard that even a good portion of 5 digits (100k-10k) are having trouble getting a good score on it. For 6*, it'll take even longer because it's a whole different level different than 5*. Jumps and sliders are either getting a lot faster, complicated, far apart, or all of them at the same time. Streams are getting faster, longer, and some more space. And you can imagine the rest for 7* and up.

Right now, if you want to improve quickly, ALWAYS PLAY OUTSIDE OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE. Play maps that challenge your limit, but you still have a good chance of passing them. Even if you're uncomfortable playing that one type of map, play it, get used to it, get good at it. Find your own playstyle, don't copy the pros, play with the setting that you're comfortable with. Practice what you are not good at. Always play consistently, don't take a long break just because you feel lazy. Lastly, try to not determine your skill on pp alone, farming pp is fine, but don't go crazy over it, focus on improving yourself than pp, then eventually, you'll set the score you want, I can't tell how many times player (I also made this mistake before, don't repeat it after me) sacrifices the tons of time they could've used to improve themselves for pp that they don't deserve.

Ahh thanks so much this is really helpful, especially the tip about playing outside my comfort zone, I will definitely keep trying to do this :)

Deva wrote:

You need to play four weeks a day.

Ahah yeah tbh if we could do that we all would XD
Deva

im flat wrote:

i can't acc lol

where are your other 7* low acc plays then? :^)
your acc doesn't change the fact it's a 20sec map
Drxvmik
When a player im flat get 1000combo in ROR (Road Of Resistance)
im flat

Deva wrote:

im flat wrote:

i can't acc lol

where are your other 7* low acc plays then? :^)
your acc doesn't change the fact it's a 20sec map

who cares if it's 20 secs lol and other plays didn't overwrite my higher combo runs so fuck

Drxvmik wrote:

When a player im flat get 1000combo in ROR (Road Of Resistance)

shhh
lewski

im flat wrote:

who cares if it's 20 secs lol

You only need a minimal amount of consistency to be able to FC 20 seconds of a map so it's not very impressive