forum

Taiko Drumcon unsupported

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sinuce
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Neo@lex
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Sinuce
I'm not quite following you.
Can you describe that or post a link to what you're talking about?

EDIT:
Thank you for link, Larto.
Larto
Topic Starter
Sinuce
UPDATE:

I've tried using the GlovePIE script from above, but it does the exact same thing, as my Joy2Key software - and the outcome is the same;
osu! doesn't recognize all hits, and it feels like that I have to hit the drum harder than when in fx Notepad.

I tried connecting a PS2 Dance Pad (using the same adapter) with osu taiko mode, and that worked perfect
- no latency, no problems.

The problem seem to remain with osu! not being able to support the Taiko Drum fully.
silasw
Topic Starter
Sinuce
The same script is also used when I'm in StepMania or standard Notepad, and in there it works...
I tried both Joy2Key software and GlovePIE - it's just for regular keybindings :]
peppy
Sounds like a configuration error on your part. You might want to try enabling the framerate limiter in osu! if you haven't already - on a single cpu system you may be starving the binding apps of the cpu they need otherwise.

This is not a bug, as has already been mentioned several times.
Topic Starter
Sinuce
OK, I'll test it on another PC and see if that is the problem. I just think it's weird that a small thing as a keybinding could cause such a problem.
(I've tried to toggle all the graphic options in osu on and off - same result though)
Rokodo
I found a third party drum on it's own for US residents...

http://www.redoctane.com/Game-Controlle ... roller-PS2

I'll probably just bite the bullet and order the whole NTSC game that I can't even use on my PAL console with the official drum. Oh well, the game is so old there is not THAT much of a price difference from Amazon sellers anyway.
yuki_laruku
does this work with Taiko no Tatsujin controller?
I cant seem to get mine to work.
Any help is greatly appreciated
Roga-don
I have a tatacon PS2 controller, and I have found a way to makes it works better : just disable the 60FPS limiter ... But it's not perfect yet.

But I'll buy a WII tatacon because it works perfectly and it's natively compatible with OSU! 8-)
[Sachi]_old
it's weird, even my ps2 control has delays while using joy2key.

umm..Wii taiko drum? okay. I'll go nab one of those too~ <3
YaaCool
i have input my ps2 controller and changed the settings to use it with joy2key but now i cant play any taiko song :/
dont know why, there is just a message that this song is only for taiko mode!
although i start it from play -> spezial -> taiko and it doesnt work :(

can anyone help me?
and tell me what I'm doing wrong
Espionage724
I just ordered a PS2 Taiko bundle (game + drums) and was curious about osu!'s current state with it. I kinda figured I would have to use some other program (I was going to try Xpadder), just hoping latency won't be too bad at all or just simply non-existent (my hardware shouldn't be an issue; 3.3Ghz quad core CPU, 4GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD 5570)
Topic Starter
Sinuce
Cool. I'd like to hear the results after you've tested it =)
Espionage724
- Have to hit a lot harder for beats to register
- Not all beats register

Those were my only problems :/ I tried Xpadder and the GlovePIE script, both had the same experience :/
Topic Starter
Sinuce
I had the exactly same experience with my Taiko PS2 drums :(
Espionage724
If what some people are saying, it might have to do with the converter adapter in use. I'll try seeing what adapter is recommended by people, and then try purchasing it :)

Currently, I have a Radioshack PSX to USB adapter (Cat No. 26-304), it's pretty old.
Topic Starter
Sinuce
I used a Mayflash something. It wasn't that old at the time ^^;
Espionage724

Sinuce wrote:

I used a Mayflash something. It wasn't that old at the time ^^;
Hmm, would you happen to know exactly what it is? I see: http://cdn-images.sewelldirect.com/prod ... 818_lg.jpg for a "Mayflash Dual Box"

I was trying to compile a list of working/non working adapters :)