forum

Diablo III

posted
Total Posts
show more
Justykanna

awp wrote:

I still haven't beaten inferno yet but they nerfed Ghom so maybe I can get past him now

the last patch (1.03b I think) completely broke him
The whole game is broken based on what I've heard. Had a friend rambling how easy Diablo 3 is after the previous nerf (not the one from yesterday).

Keksi wrote:

too sad only got a starter edition

( I don't have 60 bucks to buy it :<<<<< )
I was choosing between Diablo 3 and another game. Since everyone played Diablo 3 and said how amazing it was, I got that about a month after launch. About a week after I bought it, only one out of the four or five people that bought it, bothered playing it with me. I'm really grateful to them for telling me how amazing it was, then telling me how boring it was right about the time I got it. *sarcasm*. Wasted $60.

Such an overrated game in the end, imo. The amount of frustration I have for it is amazing...
awp
Yeah I haven't figured out what everybody hates so much about the game. I fucking love it
Keksi
Now the Paragon patch/level is there

anyone tested it ?
BrokenArrow

awp wrote:

I fucking love it
awp

Keksi wrote:

Now the Paragon patch/level is there

anyone tested it ?
I tested it a bit. Fire chains is much less of a FUCK YOU even to my DH, so my barb can probably tank it

also I like that you can now see the AOE on AOE attacks
Justykanna

awp wrote:

Yeah I haven't figured out what everybody hates so much about the game. I fucking love it
I hate it for two reasons:
1) Because it's so repetitive and you have to beat three difficulties before you beat the hardest settings.
2) They make it completely unfair to melee, which is the way I've rolled in just about any game I've played.
On a bit of a side point, I also got upset for spending $60 on the game while having at least four friends stop playing it as soon as I got it, when I bought the game to only play WITH people.

Paragon seems like a really good idea, gives more reasons for players to keep going. If I liked it more, I'd probably go at it.

awp wrote:

I tested it a bit. Fire chains is much less of a FUCK YOU even to my DH, so my barb can probably tank it

also I like that you can now see the AOE on AOE attacks
Yeah, I always died to Fire Chains and Arcane Sentries. Both of which took a major nerf.
It's nice to be able to see anything in the mound of chaos that is the field sometimes... =/
awp
yeah I thought Arcane Sentry was nerfed; I touched one yesterday and it only did 8k damage instead of like, 18k

so yeah Fire Chains is pretty nerfed; molten is still a bit dangerous for me but my Barbarian is just stomping through Act 2 now. Found a pretty good 1H sword (100STR, 967 DPS) and my skillset lets me blast through elite packs. Rend with Bloodlust is a godsend now.

My barbarian isn't even using auction-house gear, it's all shit I found, including a level 50-something helmet I found literally months ago
forgetM3not
diablo 3.... let's makes money.............
awp
Finally beat Diablo on Inferno, WITHOUT using the Auction House. Managed to defeat all of the bosses in Act 4 without dying. Then I went and bought a ring with ~60 AR and now I'm pretty well-geared.

Justykanna

awp wrote:

yeah I thought Arcane Sentry was nerfed; I touched one yesterday and it only did 8k damage instead of like, 18k

so yeah Fire Chains is pretty nerfed; molten is still a bit dangerous for me but my Barbarian is just stomping through Act 2 now. Found a pretty good 1H sword (100STR, 967 DPS) and my skillset lets me blast through elite packs. Rend with Bloodlust is a godsend now.
Yup, Arcane Sentries do ~30% less damage and are more spread and Fire Chains do 20% less damage.
Even for someone who doesn't like the game like me, I even think it was too much of a nerf. But that's just me, other hardcore players may disagree. Not sure if it's a good game for players looking for a challenge.

awp wrote:

Finally beat Diablo on Inferno, WITHOUT using the Auction House. Managed to defeat all of the bosses in Act 4 without dying. Then I went and bought a ring with ~60 AR and now I'm pretty well-geared.
From what I heard, bots completely broke the Auction House because all the prices are stupidly inflated. Which is very disappointing.
Maybe the nerf was for the people that were sick of farming gold for stupid prices, I dunno.
awp
it seems the opposite to me. Prices on everything are going down.

The Arcane Sentry appears to have a different behaviour altogether - damage on it is way down, but spawn rate is up. Prior to 1.04 I don't recall a single mob being able to have two sentries going at once, so I think they reduced both the damage and the cooldown.

But now that I've beaten Diablo and I can farm in Whimsyshire, I have to wonder, "What now?" Maybe run a different class?
Soulclenz

awp wrote:

it seems the opposite to me. Prices on everything are going down.

The Arcane Sentry appears to have a different behaviour altogether - damage on it is way down, but spawn rate is up. Prior to 1.04 I don't recall a single mob being able to have two sentries going at once, so I think they reduced both the damage and the cooldown.

But now that I've beaten Diablo and I can farm in Whimsyshire, I have to wonder, "What now?" Maybe run a different class?
Gotta get that paragon to 100 =p. I'm pretty happy with this patch, it brought me back to the game after a 2-3 week hiatus, sadly i lost my 60 WD in HC the other day so now im stuck playing normal for a bit =(.
Justykanna

awp wrote:

I have to wonder, "What now?" Maybe run a different class?
And go through and beat the game four more times? Be my guest! =P
awp

Justykanna wrote:

awp wrote:

I have to wonder, "What now?" Maybe run a different class?
And go through and beat the game four more times? Be my guest! =P
I have 3 level 60 characters. Suffice to say I don't mind blasting through the first two difficulties since they're incredibly easy. Hell is also pretty easy, but you have to either have current gear or keep your mind in the game for it.
Justykanna

awp wrote:

I have 3 level 60 characters. Suffice to say I don't mind blasting through the first two difficulties since they're incredibly easy. Hell is also pretty easy, but you have to either have current gear or keep your mind in the game for it.
Lol, fair enough!
awp
I got attacked by a pack of little ponies (Team Unicorn) and got two legendary sword drops yay

but both the swords were Spectrum which is a joke-legendary that is worthless

CarlRaven
Only got 2 legendary items so far in Normal difficulty for both my characters. I believe they are Crystal Fist and The Zweihander. But I've since sold them on the Gold Auction House.

I play as a Barbarian and a Monk on the Asian servers. Both are currently in Act II.
awp
Patch v1.05 is out as of today. They said they doubled legendary drop rates, but I found 3 in my last three or four hours, so I think it's a bit higher than that. Also found a key to a new quest/dungeon/boss battle.

Monster Level feature has been added, but you have to go into the options menu to enable the ability to use it (I seriously have no fucking idea why Blizzard does that kind of stuff, hiding features in a toggle in the options menu)

I am still playing the fuck out of this game; got 5 level 60s (one is a hardcore monk) and still haven't touched witch doctor yet

Monster Level 2 Act 1 inferno mobs were giving me a bit of trouble (budget-gear monk) so I'm interested in seeing what the MLvl 10s can dish out
CarlRaven
Barbarian is Level 30, and is somewhere in Act III. Monk is Level 27 and just started Act III.

Rares looks like they drop more often from elite or champion mobs, and that's okay with me. No luck with Legendaries so far.
awp
I didn't get my first legendary unique until level 45ish on my Barb. I've found maybe 15-20 of them now, only one or two that were actually good. Found my first Set item the other day after 400+ hours of playing; sold it for $20 USD and bought Minecraft with it. Once you hit level 60 and start getting NV stacks/paragon levels you find rares all the time. Somewhere between 25-50% of the magical drops will be rares.

Legendaries pop up a bit more if you crank the Monster Power up to 10 and have a +299% MF but enemies will have a bonus 3400% HP
Bittersweet
Its true that you find itens all time now, but 99,7% are useless, so its the same as finding nothing *sadface*
Soulclenz
Yeah, this patch has been pretty fun. Infernal machine is a nice goal to set for yourself while farming.

Wtb being able to dye legendary armor, my character looks retarded right now =(.
awp
yes. My legendary gear is nice, but it's totally ruining the whole Scootaloo look I had going, wings and all
Soulclenz

awp wrote:

yes. My legendary gear is nice, but it's totally ruining the whole Scootaloo look I had going, wings and all
I don't even want to post a screenshot of what mine looks like.
South
does anybody still play this game

i need more friends t.t
awp
I still play this game, though less than I did a couple weeks ago. I'm about to start doing IM runs to try and get a Hellfire Ring
South
yea i been collecting keys for a while to now.

i have a good bit of keys from act1 and 3...still nothing from 2 :/

but i ran IM on MP4 with some friends and two of the people got rings pieces but i didnt :/

but i really want a ring so once i can make 3 IM portals ill prolly go find a team that can run MP5 or 6 cause i want this thing
awp
I was planning to do MP8 since I solo unicorns at MP4 with my DH, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet

Still gotta play a WD, only class I haven't taken to 60
South
the only class ive brought to 60 was my DH but hes like paraLvl 18 or 19. i cant remember its been like 9 or 10 days since ive been on but i only have 160k dps so i can do super high MP but it takes SO LONG
awp
that's because mobs at MP10 have like, 30 times their normal HP
South
the famous table

Tesu
i want to kill that boss
James
add meh, dyaems#6916

i rarely play nowadays though... please indicate if youre from osu or ill just think that spammers are just adding me again :)
awp

James wrote:

add meh, dyaems#6916

i rarely play nowadays though... please indicate if youre from osu or ill just think that spammers are just adding me again :)

JAAAAAAAAAAMES yeeeeeah I don't play much anymore either but YEAH JAMES
South
i rarely play ass well, i dont even know my own character code so....... i guess ill jsut add u if i ever get on again ._.
silmarilen

KingFloyd wrote:

ass
hurr hurr

i havent played in ages, its really a wasted 60 euros :(
Sakisan
Since I got a better computer I started playing this again. Now it's been 6 weeks and I still play it =)
Finally starting to have decent gear on my main character ^^
BrokenArrow
D3 is d3ad
South
id play if ppl played with me ._.
awp
I'm likely going to pick this game back up again at some point, probably when a friend of mine gets it
show more