forum

Diablo III

posted
Total Posts
show more
Tom69_old
It's funny how much people pay for gear... Cleared Inferno about 3 weeks ago and sold my gear now as the whole thing became more or less boring.
Made about 500€, wtf. o_o
Soulclenz

Tom94 wrote:

It's funny how much people pay for gear... Cleared Inferno about 3 weeks ago and sold my gear now as the whole thing became more or less boring.
Made about 500€, wtf. o_o
Agreed, on the RMAH part. However it wouldn't surprise me if people are buying to resell, i will personally never spend more than like, 10 bucks on an item (after they fix the state of legendaries that is).

I so far haven't found myself bored of this game, even after a 4th hero hitting 60, but I've always been a big fan of Diablo in general so I'm slightly biased.
awp
Hmm, I thought they nerfed Acts 2-4 on Inferno, but I'm still taking 110% damage from elite mobs so it's not very playable
Soulclenz

awp wrote:

Hmm, I thought they nerfed Acts 2-4 on Inferno, but I'm still taking 110% damage from elite mobs so it's not very playable
They did nerf it, although it wasnt a very big one. They basically smoothed it out to transition better from act 1 to act 2, since before the patch going from act 1 to act 2 was like quadruple the difficulty. I'd say before trying to farm elites in act 2, get around 30k hp with 300-400+ res to all, mobs shouldnt destroy you with those stats.
awp
found a legendary ilvl62 1H mace. Don't know whether I should identify and sell it now, or wait until patch 1.1 to identify (when Legendaries are getting buffed). Not sure if items found pre-1.1 but identified on/post 1.1 makes a difference either. Not a great deal of transparency there.
Keksi
I have a question.

Is Torchlight II nearly the same than Diablo III ?

I saw some screenshots and the gameplay and ingame face look the same.
Soulclenz

awp wrote:

found a legendary ilvl62 1H mace. Don't know whether I should identify and sell it now, or wait until patch 1.1 to identify (when Legendaries are getting buffed). Not sure if items found pre-1.1 but identified on/post 1.1 makes a difference either. Not a great deal of transparency there.
Blue post already clarified whether or not that is the case, and they stated that legendaries you pick up now will not be buffed if you hold onto them until the patch. Item's you pick up are already rolled, ID'ing them is just kind of like opening a gift wrapped present so to speak.
silmarilen

Keksi wrote:

I have a question.

Is Torchlight II nearly the same than Diablo III ?

I saw some screenshots and the gameplay and ingame face look the same.
most games in this genre look similar, they can still play very different tho.
Lybydose

Soulclenz wrote:

awp wrote:

They did nerf it, although it wasnt a very big one. They basically smoothed it out to transition better from act 1 to act 2, since before the patch going from act 1 to act 2 was like quadruple the difficulty. I'd say before trying to farm elites in act 2, get around 30k hp with 300-400+ res to all, mobs shouldnt destroy you with those stats.
also get a bunch of +life on hit

% damage life leech sounds like it would be good too, but it sucks because it takes a huge penalty on inferno
awp
I've only got about 130 All Resist atm. I've read that you should gun for a 10:1 Armour:All Res ratio to maximize damage reduction, and have about 1M effective HP for Act 3

aaaah I might just farm Act 1 for a bit then
Soulclenz

awp wrote:

I've only got about 130 All Resist atm. I've read that you should gun for a 10:1 Armour:All Res ratio to maximize damage reduction, and have about 1M effective HP for Act 3

aaaah I might just farm Act 1 for a bit then
Farming act 1 is certainly a good way to go, easy gold and still a chance at good loots.

10:1 sounds like a pretty good goal to shoot for, I'm not sure the exact number where armor starts to suffer from DR though.

More importantly than having good gear though is making sure your skill build is solid, I'm not sure if you've posted it yet but what build to you go with currently awp?
awp
For my DH I've swapped from Bola to Hungering arrow as primary due to the invulnerable windows that lots of the Act 2 monsters have. Bola with double explosion radius works really well in Act 1 though.

RMB is Rapid Fire with homing rockets

Skills are Ferrets, Vault, Smoke Screen with Secret Recipe and Preparation with Battle Scars.

Passives are +60% move, Sharpshot, and the weapon mastery one
Lybydose
you don't need anywhere near a million EHP.

I have like 400k and I can do act III fine (melee wizard).
Soulclenz

awp wrote:

For my DH I've swapped from Bola to Hungering arrow as primary due to the invulnerable windows that lots of the Act 2 monsters have. Bola with double explosion radius works really well in Act 1 though.

RMB is Rapid Fire with homing rockets

Skills are Ferrets, Vault, Smoke Screen with Secret Recipe and Preparation with Battle Scars.

Passives are +60% move, Sharpshot, and the weapon mastery one
Hmmm, that's a pretty good build. I personally am not a huge fan of vault, too much delay and can be tricky to move where you want to go (or maybe I just suck at using it).

This is the one I run with, it's focused more so on kiting and shooting as far away as possible, does me wonders; http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/d ... ehY!YbZbYc. The caltrops are just too good to not use in my opinion, unless you run into a reflect damage pack, that just ruins your day right there =(.
awp

Soulclenz wrote:

I personally am not a huge fan of vault, too much delay and can be tricky to move where you want to go (or maybe I just suck at using it).
I use Vault because smoke screen costs 12 Dis with Secret Recipe, and that's too costly to use as a mode of transportation. I like being able to get from A to B quickly.

At least, for Normal through Hell. I actually got the Act 4 speed run playing through Nightmare normally. I might have to swap Vault out for something because of the two purposes it serves, something like Caltrops/Spike Traps is more effective for the one (evading enemies) and the second just isn't very applicable to Inferno (travelling quickly)

Reflects Damage and Invulnerable Minions are easily the two most obnoxious buffs for a ranged character. The reduced health pool for IM Champions is fairly decent though. I'll actually fight IM packs now instead of just leaving the area completely

EDIT: hey wait a tick wouldn't Shadow Power + 65% damage reduction effectively counter Reflect Damage? In fact, it should grant 0.75% life regen on hit
Soulclenz

awp wrote:

I use Vault because smoke screen costs 12 Dis with Secret Recipe, and that's too costly to use as a mode of transportation. I like being able to get from A to B quickly.

At least, for Normal through Hell. I actually got the Act 4 speed run playing through Nightmare normally. I might have to swap Vault out for something because of the two purposes it serves, something like Caltrops/Spike Traps is more effective for the one (evading enemies) and the second just isn't very applicable to Inferno (travelling quickly)

Reflects Damage and Invulnerable Minions are easily the two most obnoxious buffs for a ranged character. The reduced health pool for IM Champions is fairly decent though. I'll actually fight IM packs now instead of just leaving the area completely

EDIT: hey wait a tick wouldn't Shadow Power + 65% damage reduction effectively counter Reflect Damage? In fact, it should grant 0.75% life regen on hit
I wouldn't know if that counters it or not, haven't tried haha.

If you like using vault, i would suggest swapping your ferret out for the caltrops personally, as great as the extra gold is, it's just not needed in inferno.
awp

Soulclenz wrote:

If you like using vault, i would suggest swapping your ferret out for the caltrops personally, as great as the extra gold is, it's just not needed in inferno.
I considered that, too. The boost is only 10%, the damage is not as high as the game says it is (it's closer to 10% damage than 50%) and their ability to retrieve gold is pretty buggy. They run at enemies but only saunter lazily toward gold, and occasionally sniff the gold for a few seconds before picking it up, so it's often better to get it yourself.

I'd probably drop the companion before vault, if for no other reason because keybindings. I've got like 60 hours of play time across two demon hunters with "E is Vault", and Q was my caltrop/ferret button, and would take too much effort to un-learn. Might swap smoke screen for shadow power, actually. Smoke Screen's kind of useless against Reflects Damage, and I run into RD elites about 50-75% of the time
silmarilen

Soulclenz wrote:

You need some more resistance silmarilen =p.
yea.. i guess this is better:
Soulclenz

silmarilen wrote:

yea.. i guess this is better:
Can't see the image.

Edit: nm now i can.
awp
Boo. Shadow Power does counter Reflects Damage buffs, but "20% of all damage dealt is gained as life" means "20% of all damage but only from primary skills".

Fuckin' balls
Cyclone
Awp I'll come tank for you.

Was playing with a Barb last night and resistances were at like 1310 and armor at like 5300
Soulclenz
Ah, that monk passive is so good, wish there was a way to boost res as a WD.
awp
those resistances are huge but 10k DPS )))))))))):

I'm at about 57k DPS and wondering how I can get more
silmarilen

awp wrote:

Boo. Shadow Power does counter Reflects Damage buffs, but "20% of all damage dealt is gained as life" means "20% of all damage but only from primary skills".

Fuckin' balls
what? afaik it always healed my elemental arrow attacks.

and for more dps, get 2 1h crossbows, put a 100% crit dmg gem in both and let sharpshooter stack.
get more crit dmg on items if you can aswell for more fun.
Cyclone

awp wrote:

those resistances are huge but 10k DPS )))))))))):

I'm at about 57k DPS and wondering how I can get more
Don't worry about my dps, that's why you're behind me.
Soulclenz
True, dps is the least of concern's when trying to progress, unless you're fighting a boss and trying to beat an enrage timer. Something I've yet to do on my HC char now that i think about it.
awp

silmarilen wrote:

what? afaik it always healed my elemental arrow attacks.
They don't work for Rapid Fire. Neither does +Life on hit. I'm certain of that

silmarilen wrote:

and for more dps, get 2 1h crossbows, put a 100% crit dmg gem in both and let sharpshooter stack.
get more crit dmg on items if you can aswell for more fun.
2 GOOD 1h crossbows would be expensive as hell. I've been told damage is calc'd by averaging DPS on each of them, so even the extra +crit gem wouldn't balance it out. My crit bonus is currently +140% damage, which is decent, but not great. It certainly does the job so far.

Still in the process of finding gear/cash for Act 2. I can get through it just fine (up to Maghda is mostly a cakewalk) but "just fine" involves the odd one-shot and even though act 3 enemies are easier to deal with, they'll all one-shot me with my current gear

having a tank would be a different story though ♥

HOW WAS I PLAYING THIS GAME WITHOUT SPIKE TRAPS

wow spike traps are OP as shit
thelewa
awp I'm the mightiest tank ever

also been clearing act 2 on Inferno and got the head of Zoltun Kulle until my connection decided to bitch up and I can't play now
Soulclenz
Caltrops with jagged spikes are the best ability for DH's imo. too useful.
awp
aren't spikes like 70% weapon damage

or is it 70% weapon damage per second because that makes a big difference
thelewa
Why does everyone play DH, it's like the faggot class of Diablo 3 (just like how Hunters were in WoW)

Barbarians are manly and they have a badass beard
awp
Barb was the first class I played

I've got a 60 Wizard as well

Demon Hunter is just the easiest/most overpowered class. It's also best for farming because you move like 50% faster as DH
Soulclenz

thelewa wrote:

Why does everyone play DH, it's like the faggot class of Diablo 3 (just like how Hunters were in WoW)

Barbarians are manly and they have a badass beard
I have every class to 60 minus a wizard, and my main focus is my WD in HC currently =p. But as i stated before, barb has been the most fun to play of them all, DH being my least, im just trying to help awp progress further.

And I'm not sure off my head what spikes damage is.

ETA: Spike damage is 45% weapon damage per second, which you can stack in one small area if you have enough time, or drag it in a line for the mobs to walk through.
Mukku

awp wrote:

Demon Hunter is just the easiest/most overpowered class.
Are you serious? Then I must suck at this game so much.

+ I thought Monk was the most op class
Soulclenz

Mukku wrote:

awp wrote:

Demon Hunter is just the easiest/most overpowered class.
Are you serious? Then I must suck at this game so much.

+ I thought Monk was the most op class
Monks were OP when you could exploit the healing mantra, but once they fixed that they quickly sank down the list of awesomeness. They are in an ok spot overall though, good survivability so they make for excellent HC choices.
awp
I haven't touched Witch Doctor yet and only played a monk to level 17. Monk seems all right though!
Soulclenz

awp wrote:

I haven't touched Witch Doctor yet and only played a monk to level 17. Monk seems all right though!
WD's are surprisingly fun, you have lots of neat tools at your disposal. However, you also have a lot of worthless ones, like jar of spiders... Such a cool idea yet so worthless =(.
thelewa
WD can send exploding zombie bears at their enemies, if that's not awesome then nothing is
Soulclenz

thelewa wrote:

WD can send exploding zombie bears at their enemies, if that's not awesome then nothing is
Yes! And they finally fixed the bug that made them stand behind you like retards too, rejoice.
Nekoroll

thelewa wrote:

I think I prefer the raining frogs a little more. Just because frogs man. From the sky.
show more