forum

Diablo III

posted
Total Posts
show more
Hiryuu_old

awp wrote:

Hell was starting to bother me, so I'm switching up classes. Didn't care much for the monk up to level 18 or so, but I'm having fun with the wizard
Hell is just a minor step back, the moment when you realize you can't really rush through things properly..now inferno is another thing. Inferno quite literally is an example that you can't do absolutely anything with a melee class. I've gone through several pub games and I've seen many barbs and monks just constantly die and make no progress, only ones that actually seem to be doing great are wiz, dhs and some wd's. That's only because they can kite, you can't really kite with melee characters vs say..elite groups, that just seems impossible..try to be up against s a combo of reflect + desecrate or with reflect, shielding.
#edit: In inferno it's really common to get 1-2 hited.. wizards used to be able to tank more due to the energy shield with the rune that allows you to take 35% damage of your maximum life if the damage the mob hits you is over that number. Now that they've nerfed it, it will be a little bit more difficult handling through that difficulty.
Salvage
Never played a barb before but i think they develop pretty good with gear, DH's still get one shoted with good gear, Barbs can pretty much own elites with ignore pain and good gear timed with the avatar, DH's just have to kite and avoid being hitted cause that equals death
awp
barb was fun as hell for my first playthrough. Until elite mobs in Hell, anyway

ShinseinaTenshi wrote:

you can't really kite with melee characters vs say..elite groups, that just seems impossible..
well, there's one tactic that works for me as a barb. You can't really tank but you can sort of kite with Earthquake; it has huge DPS for an area DOT. Problem is that it takes 90 seconds to cool down WITH the passive skill. It can drop rare mobs on hell with one shot if you stunlock them onto the DOT area

Wizard is so much ezmode. Azmodan gave me a bit of trouble (on Normal lol) because he was so big I kept clicking on him instead of dodging his attacks. After Act 2, I bought some gear on the AH and just stormed through everything. All the other bosses took me 30 seconds tops except for Diablo (took about 3 minutes I wager) and I never even came close to dying after Az until I hit a lag spike in Act 2 NM. Still decimating everything with Disintegrate right now (heading to Alcarnus)
silmarilen
i started as a DH, seems so easy, just use your roll to dodge everything:P
Colin Hou
still struggling in act2 D:
LinkHybriD
Wizard is easy until you come to inferno.. If you want to solo inferno you need great gear.
Monk kills everything easily even on inferno with serenity even after it got nerfed.
Colin Hou
you should try inferno act 2-7 with monk or something further
LinkHybriD
awp
I solo'd Diablo on Nightmare in a 2 player game lol
awp
Started playing Inferno difficulty. Other than Elite mobs with Invulnerable Minions/Vortex, it's fairly easy in Act 1
silmarilen
i made a mistake of going full glass cannon, everything 1shots me:P and im only in nightmare.
need to get some hp
awp
I decided to go pure glass cannon because I'm a wizard and arcane shield caps incoming damage at 35% so the only think that can kill me is being hit 3 times by anything, and DOTs, which don't apply to the damage cap (eg fire chains do like 20k damage per second)

I have 16k HP on Act 2 Inferno lol

beat the Butcher without dying but holy shit the fire floor is dangerous with extremely low vit
Noobita

awp wrote:

I decided to go pure glass cannon because I'm a wizard and arcane shield caps incoming damage at 35% so the only think that can kill me is being hit 3 times by anything, and DOTs, which don't apply to the damage cap (eg fire chains do like 20k damage per second)

I have 16k HP on Act 2 Inferno lol

beat the Butcher without dying but holy shit the fire floor is dangerous with extremely low vit
there's a spot on the bottom where this kind of fence is and if you stand there you don't get hurt by the fire
awp
well that would have been good to know yesterday lol
Xanek
Currently on Act III, close to finishing it up, can't really do shit, just gotta get 40k dps with no buffs, or with buffs but w/o Sharpshooter, since I can get 100k+ damage, though can't dps my way through shit when projectiles come at you with a split section to react to save yourself.
Salvage
silmarilen
so i changed some gems around and now i got 3 times as much hp as i had before:P
Salvage
I have 15k hp on inferno act 2 almost 3 with 60k dps and i do just fine, mobs 1 hit me but if you kite well it's not that hard to avoid being hit
awp
I did Act 1 with 15k HP thanks to Force Armour, but in Act 2 some enemies were doing over 25k damage a hit so I had to up my vitality. Now I can survive a 39k damage hit, but Act 2 is still very obnoxious thanks to those gorgon things
Salvage
Oh yeah, the gorgon and crocodiles are pretty annoying
Xanek
just wait for patch 1.0.3, they're making shit easier
awp
tried doing pony runs with 200% MF, but profit's kind of shit. Butcher with 175% MF isn't bad though, and I managed to get the Butcher speed run achievement on Inferno difficulty
Nekoroll

Xanek wrote:

just wait for patch 1.0.3, they're making shit easier
Games need to stop doing that. I am going to laugh when people start saying Inferno is a cakewalk after the patch.

Or rather, I would cry.

Also, I got my ferrets last night. As much more beneficial another defensive skill would be for the slot, I gladly chose to have my two furry critters instead. Because ferrets. TWO OF THEM.
Salvage
Yeah those kind of changes are so gay, inferno is supposed to be this hard cause it's supposed to be an extra difficulty as well, the upcomming changes will make gameplay so gay and just because of the qqers that every game has lol.
awp
Inferno Act 1 is easy. What I don't like in Act 2 is how many enemies have temporary invulnerable states (Lacuni and Gorgons in particular)
kawaii_uguu
Currently at Act II on Inferno.
Playing Barb.
Fuck bees.
silmarilen
just found my first legendary
awp
I've got four so far.

One of them is a rainbow sword made from unicorn smiles and candy sprinkles, or something like that.
vizzy
Did Blizzard fix the "chances of stealing your account when in a public game" hack? And the bots?
awp
beats me I don't play public games

RMAH is now open let's all get rich chinafarming
silmarilen
i dont have an authenticator so i cant use RMAH derp
thelewa
So is Diablo III still worth playing? I'm very bored and this game might be the cure for my boredom.
Colin Hou
1.0.3 coming, and PvP elements arriving in 1.1 patch :S

at least I've got some friends playing together, don't really care what I'm playing but whom I'm with.
awp
I've clocked over 150 hours in the first month it's been out

mind you I love a good Kill Shit Get Loot game
Colin Hou
120+60 hours on my monk and wizard, but still I haven't got the 5000000 gold achivement
thelewa
Seems like I'll buy it then
kawaii_uguu
Krippi and Kripp beat Diablo on Inferno HC just some hours ago while I'm still getting raped in Act III.(Inferno)
awp
I fucked up by taking on Rakanoth with a CC/Gold Find loadout and died at level 50 on Nightmare

but I figured, oh well that was fun for 20 hours
Colin Hou
some bosses became really difficult in inferno after the v1.03 patch

and the increased repairing cost also makes me cry, ok life is gold
Salvage
the poison guy act 3 is insanely hard after this patch o.o
show more