forum

[resolved] Official Name Change/Revert Thread

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Derekku

YOU MAY SEND AN E-MAIL TO accounts@ppy.sh WITH A REQUEST IF YOU FOLLOW THE RULES IN THIS THREAD.

IF YOU WANT A NAME CHANGE, THEN IT *MUST* BE 99% SIMILAR TO YOUR CURRENT/PREVIOUS NAME. REVERTS TO YOUR OLD NAME ARE USUALLY ACCEPTABLE AS WELL.

You cannot change your name to something completely different unless you are a supporter (and even then it's not recommended).

1. ONLY post in this thread if YOU are the person wanting a name change/name revert. Do not post in this thread for a friend, and do not comment on others' name change requests; there's no need for people to come into the thread pointing fingers, slinging insults, or making otherwise unnecessary remarks.
  2. If you changed your name in past, and now you're regretting it and simply want a revert to your old username, then I will be happy to do so.
  3. If you're unable to become a supporter, and you want a simple change to your username (e.g. capitalization changes; removing/adding spaces; etc.), then I will also be happy to do this.
  4. If you're a supporter and already used your first name change, but now you're wanting a different username, then you MUST have a very good reason for it.
  5. Additionally, combinations of the above are also possible (e.g. you used a name change as a supporter but now want a small change to your username).
  6. You can take an existing user's username if they haven't logged in for over 1.5 years and have a playcount of under 400. I can be slightly lenient with this, but wanting to take someone's username that has been active fairly recently is just ridiculous.

You cannot change your name to something completely different unless you are a supporter (and even then it's not recommended).

Korean Translation (thanks to youngdow):

당신은 서포터가 아닌 이상 이름을 완전히 다른 걸로 바꿀 수 없습니다. <그리고 만약 그렇더라도(서포터라도) 완전히 다르게 바꾸는 것은 추천하지 않습니다>

1. 당신이 당신의 이름 수정이나 되돌리기를 기다리는 사람인 경우에만 이 스레드에 포스트를 하십시오. 이 스레드에는 친구를 위해서 포스트 하지 말고(본인만 하라는 말) 다른 사람의 포스트에 코멘트를 달지 마십시오; 이 스레드로 와서 닉 바꾸는 거에 손가락질 하거나 모욕하거나 다른 쓸데 없는 짓을 할 이유가 없습니다.
  2. 만약 당신이 예전에 이름을 바꿨고, 그게 후회돼서 예전 걸로 되돌리고 싶으면, 기꺼이 해드리겠습니다.
  3. 만약 당신이 서포터가 될 수 없고, 당신 닉에 약간의 수정(대소문자 변경, 공간 추가/없애기 등)을 원한다면, 이것도 기꺼이 해 드리겠습니다.
  4. 만약 너가 서포터이고, 이미 첫 번째 닉네임 변경을 사용했는데 또 바꾸려고 기다리고 있다면, 당신은 무언가 납득할 만한 이유(적절한 이유)가 있어야 함.(4번의 경우는 특별한 경우가 아니면 바꿀 수 없을 듯 합니다.)
  5. 추가적으로, 위에 것들을 섞어서도 할 수 있습니다(서포터 닉네임 변경을 썼는데, 약간의 닉네임 변경이 하고 싶다던가).
  6. 이미 있는 유저 이름을 그 유저가 1년 6개월 이상 로그인 안 했고 플카 400 이하면 그 닉네임으로 바꿀 수 있음.(1년 6개월 이상 플카 400이하 둘 다 조건 충족되어야 합니다.) 저는 이것에 대해 관대하게 해줄 수 있습니다만, 비교적 최근까지 활동하던 사람 이름을 취하는 건 말도 안 됩니다.

당신은 서포터가 아닌 이상 이름을 완전히 다른 걸로 바꿀 수 없습니다. <그리고 만약 그렇더라도(서포터라도) 완전히 다르게 바꾸는 것은 추천하지 않습니다>

Japanese Translation (thanks to dvorak):

元と全く違う名前に変える事はサポーター である必要があります。(必須ではありません)

1. 名前を変えたい本人が投稿してください. 友人の名前変更や他人の投稿に対する投稿については無視されます。
  2. あなたが昔名前を変更して、その事を後悔して元の名前に戻したいのであれば戻せます。
  3. 名前の大文字小文字の変更、_(アンダーバー)と半角スペースの変更も可能です。
  4. もしあなたがサポーターですでに名前を変更していて、元と違う名前に変更するためには相当な理由が必要です。
  5. 上記の3条件の組み合わせは可能です、例えばAa_a > bbb > AA A)
  6. 1年半ログインしておらず、プレイ回数が400回以下の物、もしくはそれに非常に近い名前に変更することは可能です。 ただし最近ログインされた名前に変更することはできません。

前とまったく違う名前に変更するためにはサポーターである必要があります。(必須ではありません)

遅くて一週間待たされても問題ないのであればここまで日本語でPMかこのスレに英語で投稿してください

Chinese Translation (thanks to Breeze)

你不能改名为与你之前id名完全不同的名字,除非你是supporter(即使如此也不推荐这么做)。

1. 只有在你想改名或者恢复之前的名字的时候才在这里发帖。不要为了你的朋友而在这里发帖,也不要评论他人的改名申请;没必要在这里推卸责任、发起争端什么的。
  2. 如果你之前改过名,然后现在后悔了想要改回去,我会很愿意帮助你改回去。
  3. 如果你不能成为一名supporter,但是你想在id名上做一些简单的改变(比如大小写的改变、去掉/增加空格),那么我也很愿意为你修改。
  4. 如果你是supporter而且你已经用掉了你第一次改名的机会,而你现在想改成另一个不同的用户名,那么你必须有个充分的理由。
  5. 另外,以上几种情况的组合情况也可能会为你处理(比如你已经用过supporter的改名机会但是想要一个小的更改)
  6. 你可以使用一个已经存在的用户名如果该用户名的使用者满足一下情况:没有登录osu超过一年半且playcount(玩的次数)低于400。登录时间和pc数上可以有些许的讨论余地,不过想要使用最近还活跃的用户的名字那就完全不可能了。

你不能改名为与你之前id名完全不同的名字,除非你是supporter(即使如此也不推荐这么做)。

boat
Due to this one stupid occasion, I've already wasted my legit namechange and had to get it reversed, but I was wondering if I could possibly get it shortened to just "boat" (preferably with a lowercase b, but that doesn't matter too much) anyhow?

I'd very much appreciate it.

The player "boat"; http://osu.ppy.sh/u/boat registered in 2010 and hasn't logged in since then, only has a 100 playcount, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Thank you in advance, even solely for bothering with reading through the request.
creativ_old
I would like to have my nickname changed to the previous one, creativ if it's possible.
SoulEater
Could you change my name to simply " SoulEater " ,please? Does it count as a small change? The user hasn't been active since 2009.
R e d
Hello :D can you make a small change to my name? I want " R e d " instead of " R E D "
Thank you very much
[KOR]Extream_Sigma
can you change into "Cloudragonz"?

thanks

[cause my nickname is old nickname]
NeedBackup
can you change into "Nate On"?

thanks

[cause my nickname is old nickname]
parkjihun
can you change into "IN DREAM"?

thanks

[cause my nickname is my name]
N e R i E a r T h
can you change into Hatsune-Miku?

thanks

cause i don't like that username.
please...
The user hasn't been active Apr 25, 2009

http://osu.ppy.sh/u/hatsune-miku

please...
swj11
Could you change into [Supercell]?
MISSHA
Can you change my name into MISSHA?
Because my name sounds quite strange.
That user isn't active since 2010 April. Thanks!
Aurele
Yes! ♥

I want my name for Gabe
The current one isn't active since 2009 ; http://osu.ppy.sh/u/gabe ; & only have 40 playcount.

Thank. :3

EDIT: By the way Derek, you should add a Rule like we need more than 100 posts to be able to changes our names. Something like that. So it will prevent double/triple account to request for a new Nickname.
Hestroid
can you change my name into Hestroid?
thanks
Uranium_old
I wanna change my name into " Uranium ".
becauz i dont like this. http://osu.ppy.sh/u/Uranium he's last Active is Aug 16, 2009, and Playcount is 34. So i can change this.

thx XD
Musty
Hi Derek~ >w<
Could you change mine as "Musty" since i think it looks more kewl than "Mustaash" ( actually means "Moustache" if u didn't know )
http://osu.ppy.sh/u/Musty
45PC and Last Active: May 3, 2010
If you can do this for me, i'll really thank you, ( give cookies, anything else haha )
Thanks a lot Derek or maybe someone other !

EDIT: you can also change my username as "friendok" ! ( just trollin jkjkjk )

EDIT : Really; Thank you !
Topic Starter
Derekku
Responded to all posts (check the edit field under your post for details). Additionally, I added a changelog to the OP. Only one request is unfulfilled, and I will PM that user personally.

Please remember to read the rules if you want a namechange!
Neclory
Could you remove the previously known as... line in my profile, please? I don't want to change my nick again but that line just seems ugly. (noone really knows me as neclory. ;O) :/

EDIT: can't you make an exception? pretty please? ><
Low
Yeah, I'd like the same thing as Rin. My old name was just a stupid weeaboo name that I had before ANYONE knew me and before I joined the community. Now it just sits there and looks ugly. :_;

EDIT: Damn it. Now my profile show be plagued by this forever. :I
Topic Starter
Derekku
(Making a new reply so that it shows as one)

The "previously known as" line can only be removed if you revert your name to what it was. Sorry!

EDIT: No, exceptions cannot be made. Also, I'm not even able to personally remove that line.
7Vegative
Can I get a name change to "Plus 7"? My name is just depressing, and everyone thinks I'm a vegetable for some reason. Thanks for the consideration.
show more