forum

[Archived] Local beatmap database is constantly getting corrupted

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Toxi
This has become a bi-daily thing. I get home from school, start Osu!, and get greeted by a lovely little dialog box explaining how my beatmap database is corrupted again. I have ran tests on my hard drive and there is no issues with it, and I have also tried switching to and from the cutting edge versions and it still happens all the time. This has began happening whenever I built my new PC, but i am confident that it has nothing to do with hardware because none of my other games are being corrupted. I understand that the database corruption is a thing that will happen, but whenever i have almost 90 thousand beatmaps it begins to get annoying having to way roughly 45 minutes for all of my beatmaps to process again. I have lost all of my beatmap collections several times due to this, and the collections are still in the game but they all contain zero maps.

osu! version: Stable 20181118.3 (latest)
Fatal3ty
I think your .db files are broken.

Move osu.db, score.db and collection.db from osu! folder to new folder (Backup) and try starting osu. Osu will then create your new database.