forum

Can't upload a song.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yuwib
I wanted to make a new map, but whenever I dragged my music in the box it says: "Not Submitted."
This does not only happen to one song but it works with every song I try to upload.
https://imgur.com/a/UHlhUgS
I tried restarting my PC.
Using another song.
And reinstalling Osu!
If u have any idea how to fix this problem please reply.
- Yuwib
Rivals_7
in the drop down menu of grouping on your upper right screen, pick "No grouping"
in the drop down menu of sort, sort it "by title"

if works, once you drag the song, it will appear like this
Topic Starter
Yuwib
It doesnt work, I do hear the song playing though.
Endaris
It is perfectly normal that it will say "Not Submitted".
Submission means that you actively submitted your beatmap to osu!.

When you drag an mp3 into osu! it will only create a beatmap locally.
In the screenshot you sent you can see on the top left that the song is not mapped yet (No title, no duration, no objects placed) and that its state is "Not submitted". If you'd click on the osu! logo on the bottom right in that screen you should get into the editor for that mp3 and be prompted for metadata. Until then you can find the song in song selection either at the very top or at the very bottom if you have no filters applied and you are sorting by title just as mentioned by Rivals.
Rivals_7
just to make sure you aware.

Dragging the song to osu! =/= Automatically "Upload" the song.
Chiiaso
Additionally, did you get the mp3 file from an already existing map downloaded to your osu library? If you try to use the same mp3 as a song that’s already in your library it won’t allow you to use that mp3. I haven’t figured out how to fix the mp3 issue so if you come across this issue I suggest just trying to find another mp3 file to use.