forum

Make UR be the defining factor for a map's rankability

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
frogyfro
You tend to see a lot of maps made these days that are shrouded with quite a bit of controversy; they are met with both a lot of praise and a lot of hate and at somepoint the QAT has to take a side to determine which "subjective" issues has merit. The quote "take a side" is the issue here. We are mapping for the community here, for the players, not just for ourselves and our ideals. I propose to make a system where the player's votes determine whether a map leaves qualified to ranked section.

We should get rid of the QAT DQ'ing the map for subjective issues as maps are not catered for them, they are catered for the players! We should have a system (hardcoded by peppy) to make all maps that all maps below a threshold UR at the end of qualified get DQ'd and be put in limbo, where the mapper can apply improvements to adhere to player's interests. After this limbo and changes made, they can then retry for qualified once again. Mapsets that have a UR above the threshold after the qualified timer is over will be pushed into the ranked section.

Of course before Peppy can hardcode this into the system we can have the QAT manually monitor the qualified to make sure this is upheld. The threshold UR can be decided after some discussion and statistical gatherings of recorded averages of URs.

Pros
- Ranked maps would be determined by players, as they should be
- Less manual work for the QAT as they don't have to deal with pointless DQ attacks made by sensitive mappers

Cons
- There are none really

A vote for today's qualified is a vote for tomorrows ranked
_handholding
Yeah, I can see this being a good idea tbh
dtm
pishifat
after some hefty deliberation, im gonna go with no
FINGERLOCK
I don't trust players enough.