forum

Playing too frequent causing serious stamina drop?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Koyaiba
I was able to do a lot of 200pp plays and even doing 6* maps few weeks ago, but suddenly my left hand is losing stamina while playing, I decided to give a break from the game and see if resting works, but all I can get is unable to stream, burst, jump, and even struggling to pass a 3~4* star map. I found no way to recover to my last peak condition cuz I'm losing almost all stamina, anyone experienced this and what is your recommended way to recover?

Edit: Sometimes the stamina is back, but fingers messed up while tapping, alternating, bursting, etc.

Things I have done:
1. Adding palm rest
2. Change binding keys (SD, GH, XC, 42, 20)
4. Play 4 hours or longer (But getting worse)
5. Play old maps I've been played
6. Play tech maps as much as possible
7. Play in NoMod (was a HD player)
8. Play mania and see if could get problem solved)
9. Change to a lower table
10. Play lower star map with HDDT (sometimes with HR depends on AR)
Current binding key: NM
TruthIsNear
Play long marathon maps with lots of streams, never pause mid-map, push your limits. Forget about tv-size maps for a while.

Wash your hands in hot water before playing.

Start your playing sessions by playing easier maps to warm up and gradually increase the difficulty.

Koyaiba wrote:

8. Play mania and see if could get problem solved)

Playing mania for a year will grant you godlike stamina but in return you might never come back to standard.
RamenBucket
After a long work-out session at the gym you are going to be tired, and that's the same thing with playing a lot of osu. You are not losing stamina. Taking a day off will usually help if your stamina is dropping.

On the other hand, the reason why your fingers are messing up is because you have way more power and stamina in your hands, but you have not learned how to control it yet. 1 or 2 play sessions will usually fix this issue, and you should easier maps at the beginning and then gradually move up star rating.
Topic Starter
Koyaiba
Thanks for suggestions, I will tryout later.
But for your information, I took few days of break, like about 3~4 days from osu!, when I play again, somehow finger will not tap, or tapping very hard until I bend my fingertips into opposite direction, like this:

Anyway thanks again on your suggestions : )
TruthIsNear
Wait. Do you tap with your fingertips being almost parallel to the keycap surface? This is not healthy. No wonder you lose stamina.

I highly suggest you do the claw grip instead.

I also think you will benefit a lot by getting a mechanical keyboard with light switches (Cherry MX Red, Brown, Silver or their analogs).
im flat
lmao wtf just play the game
Topic Starter
Koyaiba

TruthIsNear wrote:

I highly suggest you do the claw grip instead.

I can't because my fingernails are naturally a bit long, that will be hurt so much if I use claw grip, but in the same time I just can't control my tapping force very well.

So far I have rest for some couple days and now I'm actually coming back, but streaming still unstable for me. What I've done is spamming 2~3* maps with HDHRDT from yesterday for 1~2 hours duration. Now I can even do 5* with a same status that couple months before I reached my peak recently.

im flat wrote:

lmao wtf just play the game

I posted my question just for solving my problem, and I believe someone on the Earth also experiencing issue like this, and you aren't helping at all.