forum

[osu!mania] 12/02/18 Camellia - GHOST by Gekido-

posted
Total Posts

Should Camellia - GHOST by Gekido- be Loved?

Yes
66.58%
No
33.42%
Total votes: 383
Polling ended
show more
stupud man

fealen wrote:

stupud man wrote:

fealen wrote:

stupud man wrote:

-snip-

I'm not complaining about it because it doesn't fit for loved, I'm complaining about it because they're complaining to make this map loved even though it's actually hated and getting many No votes.
if it's just bad and they didn't complained about the large amount of No votes then I won't even comment on this post besides just giving No vote.
And yes, that mapset is actually even worse for the loved, but I couldn't checked map because of the inactivity.

Their complaints are definitely more than warranted considering this much No voting is almost unprecedented in Loved (only other time this has happened was likely monkey bussines). Right now I care mostly about the result of this because there's absolutely no way to detect whether a large group of the community is actually going to end up liking a chart or not.

And considering you yourself are saying that this chart isn't fit for Loved, what makes it that way? Is there anything beyond "it's bland"?

at least IN MY OPINION, shouldn't it needs to be entertaining or unique? wasn't that the main common of the loved charts?

Yeah, and this chart qualified as entertaining and unique for the reasons I listed above. It's not an uneducated assumption. If it's your opinion that's fine, it's just highly unexpected that this many people would have this kind of response. For that reason I don't really see any room for complaints beyond that.
aci
no
_underjoy
Why won't you come to loved server then, to discuss openly your preferences about charts?

GHOST is objectively much more interesting than charts being loved earlier, and you didn't oppose. You don't seem to hate other charts that could be called much more questionable. We can't have insight from every community, so please speak up so we can avoid misconceptions and misunderstandings about what are the opinions on certain charts and what to love.
[Crz]Nixo
What a bunch of sheeps, putting no because someone told them to.
NightNarumi
Interesting that only koreans are against it as far as I can see
_underjoy

Nixo wrote:

What a bunch of sheeps, putting no because someone told them to.

Try not to sound offensive please.
Cheong
hi there. besides this map, i want to ask something about loved to you guys besides this map since lots of ppl paying attention on this forum. what's the genuine purpose of the 'project loved'? i thought it makes ppl able to see ranking of the maps that do not satisfy the criteria to be a ranked map, and especially, popular and 'meme'd maps. in other words, the maps that make people enthusiastic, and 'being loved' by people. for an example, 'a fool moon night' is very popular and some players' memes either (like 70kps of jhlee) and lots of top players have tried to beat his score, and even some player did. why? because it isn't a loved map and neither a ranked map.

so what i want to talk about mainly is, i think 'project loved' has to consider the maps that really 'being loved' by users. see the ratio of this vote. do they want this map loved? i think they not. then why? i think this have to be re-considered by the mapper of this map. i just feel like 'project loved' is being managed not for people, but for some mappers and the minority of users. think on the players' position.

tbh, i also voted on no. why? i don't like this map. some people would say like 'yea that's cuz u are a poor noob' and yes i'm a poor noob. but regardless of the skill level, every player has permission on voting and they just voted because just 'they don't like the map' or 'they don't agree this map goes to loved'. i think you guys have to respect the right of users to express their feelings on the map.

some people say like 'there are more worse maps on loved. then why did you show no responce on those maps?' i think this is not important. there would be people thinks 'those things would be fine, but not this one.' or 'i didn't have any interest in 'project loved' but by chance i saw this map and i don't like it.' do they have to take the responsibility on this scene of the quarrel? i think they don't have to.

i didn't capitalized since it bothers. read or not it's your business, just wrote since i'm feeling uneasy on 'project loved'. i wish you guys good luck ruining this game. lmao
Playboi Carti
can we love "Ti7 - Love Maker" plz and thx
Abraxos

Cheong wrote:

i didn't capitalized since it bothers. read or not it's your business, just wrote since i'm feeling uneasy on 'project loved'. i wish you guys good luck ruining this game. lmao

don't expect anyone to respond to you kindly if you shame them so openly about it. for reference, here are your objections i've picked out in particular:

1. loved should consider the reception of the community, and asking for quote-unquote "fairness" to be applied in this situation is unreasonable
  2. anyone is and ought to be allowed to vote, and we should not discriminate against their opinions based on face-value attributes such as skill level
  3. people are and ought to be allowed to vote whenever they want, and on whatever they want

looking at it now, some of these claims do seem a bit dubious since this very map and thread effectively demonstrates points 1 (pretty sure the vote seeks to represent the interests of the community as a whole, though one may rightly argue that the measurement tool used in this situation isn't as adequate at assessing overall community interest [think vote brigading!]) and 3 (who's stopping anyone from clicking the no button and confirming their choice - or rather, clicking on any no button and confirming their choice? a few harshly worded comments on a screen? come on we're not 12).

i think what you should be looking more at would be points 1 and 2, since it appears to be what's relevant in this case (i.e., ill-represented voting & apparent brigading).

and if it's isn't clear by now, i don't really have a strong opinion a way or the other, i just think the catastrophizing in this thread and in your post is silly.
be kind to others - failing that, bring evidence.
MalRang
맵이 병진이니까 No를 하겠죠?
_underjoy
just a quick reminder - fmn is popular only because it is 16*, is a meme and a certain player tryharded it. Almost no one plays it unironically.

Architecture is another case where popularity got upped by broken rating and spam parts.

We want to focus on actually ambitious and well-made popular maps rather than memes, for all skill ceilings.

And well, Project Loved is supposed to fill the gap Ranked system and RC created in f.e. competitiveness or chart diversity. However, one factor isn't often enough - we don't choose great maps with 0 favs as well as mediocre maps with 100 favs. There are some standards which cannot be ignored.
Cheong

_underjoy wrote:

just a quick reminder - fmn is popular only because it is 16*, is a meme and a certain player tryharded it. Almost no one plays it unironically.

Architecture is another case where popularity got upped by broken rating and spam parts.

We want to focus on actually ambitious and well-made popular maps rather than memes, for all skill ceilings.

And well, Project Loved is supposed to fill the gap Ranked system and RC created in f.e. competitiveness or chart diversity. However, one factor isn't often enough - we don't choose great maps with 0 favs as well as mediocre maps with 100 favs. There are some standards which cannot be ignored.

howdy! lol i see about the purpose of project loved. but ambitious and well-made? lol this was the funniest comment 2018, beyond 'please don't evaluate this map with starrating, but with its quality'
_underjoy

Cheong wrote:

_underjoy wrote:

howdy! lol i see about the purpose of project loved. but ambitious and well-made? lol this was the funniest comment 2018, beyond 'please don't evaluate this map with starrating, but with its quality'

So we should promote overrated maps which are a spamfest? Is that what you are saying? If not, sorry for misunderstanding.

Quality is important. What is funny in that? Do you like playing bad maps with lots of minijacks and senseless/random structure? Or maps made only for high star rating in a flawed system where you can FC 8* maps but fail 5* maps?

We are trying to find a middle grounds and reach consensus about what kind of maps should we push into Loved. Not everyone will like each map and this is perfectly fine, but bombing mapsets that aren't catering to a specific group of people seems just not fair. Please judge sv maps, ln maps, hard maps, easy maps, stamina maps separately, and not with the mindset "i hate 7k so lol downvoted" or "wtf stepmania rejected". I hope it doesn't happen but just wanted to say it anyway.
Raveille

Cheong wrote:

_underjoy wrote:

Honestly you are not making yourself look any better with your choice of words in your opinion of yours. If you want a civilized conversation with constructive criticism you need to at least show some respect to the people handling the situation and the mapper rather than calling us “lots of retards”.
TheFlameWind

Cheong wrote:

_underjoy wrote:

Get involved in the mapping community or be a high tier player, then someone will take you seriously
Cheong

_underjoy wrote:

Cheong wrote:

_underjoy wrote:

So we should promote overrated maps which are a spamfest? Is that what you are saying? If not, sorry for misunderstanding.

Quality is important. What is funny in that? Do you like playing bad maps with lots of minijacks and senseless/random structure? Or maps made only for high star rating in a flawed system where you can FC 8* maps but fail 5* maps?

We are trying to find a middle grounds and reach consensus about what kind of maps should we push into Loved. Not everyone will like each map and this is perfectly fine, but bombing mapsets that aren't catering to a specific group of people seems just not fair. Please judge sv maps, ln maps, hard maps, easy maps, stamina maps separately, and not with the mindset "i hate 7k so lol downvoted" or "wtf stepmania rejected". I hope it doesn't happen but just wanted to say it anyway.

hi. first, thx for answering

what i meant is i think ghost is not quality map. also, i agree on 'quality is important' but the evaluation of quality should be various since every person has own thought and they are all different.

the comment i quoted is what you used on your volcanic. i didnt remember exact sentence. ok thx

you said like the map includes lots of minijacks with senseless/random structure is a bad map.

then i think is wouldn't be a good pattern. holding ln on line 2 and 4 3 4 mini ln jacks on line 1? isn't this 'a bad map' that you referred?
TheFlameWind

Cheong wrote:

_underjoy wrote:

Cheong wrote:

_underjoy wrote:

what i meant is i think ghost is not quality map. also, i agree on 'quality is important' but the evaluation of quality should be various since every person has own thought and they are all different.

the comment i quoted is what you used on your volcanic. i didnt remember exact sentence. ok thx

you said like the map includes lots of minijacks with senseless/random structure is a bad map.

then i think is wouldn't be a good pattern. holding ln on line 2 and 4 3 4 mini ln jacks on line 1? isn't this 'a bad map' that you referred?

I'm pretty confident the entire map isn't mapped like that, you just took your time to find one section that includes it, from what I can see you had to go 1 minute in looking for one small example that doesn't encompass the entirety of the map.
mijkolsmith
Firstly, there are no minijacks on this screenshot.
Secondly, this is a very exact point in this chart. Without any context to preceding parts or parts that come afterwards, you can say almost nothing about whether it might be out of place or not. Especially about whether it's difficult or uncomfortable, this depends on what the rest of the chart has to offer, and around what difficulty level the total chart is. Furthermore, this is the opposite of a messily or randomly structured chart, since it has this obvious patterning.
Cheong

TheFlameWind wrote:

Cheong wrote:

_underjoy wrote:

Cheong wrote:

_underjoy wrote:

I'm pretty confident the entire map isn't mapped like that, you just took your time to find one section that includes it, from what I can see you had to go 1 minute in looking for one small example that doesn't encompass the entirety of the map.

oh hi thx for your opinion osu!catch user lol

actually i didnt see the whole map and i only saw the screenshot that someone uploaded. and you made me see the whole chart. and my opinion on the map got more negatively. thx
Moble
CAPTAIN IS TOAPHSTER? OK!
DISSMISS
DDMythical
itt: people more toxic and delusional than me

i don't see what ghost does that isn't more egregious in other loved picks (repetition, being tech etc.)
Cheong

mijkolsmith wrote:

Firstly, there are no minijacks on this screenshot.
Secondly, this is a very exact point in this chart. Without any context to preceding parts or parts that come afterwards, you can say almost nothing about whether it might be out of place or not. Especially about whether it's difficult or uncomfortable, this depends on what the rest of the chart has to offer, and around what difficulty level the total chart is. Furthermore, this is the opposite of a messily or randomly structured chart, since it has this obvious patterning.

oh sry lol that pattern on screenshot is just ln jack tapping with the hand which holding ln. but i found very many minijacks in the whole map than i expected (since i didnt see the whole chart) and i agree that it has obvious patterning. regardless of whether the pattern is shitty or not. ^^
TheFlameWind

Cheong wrote:

TheFlameWind wrote:

Cheong wrote:

_underjoy wrote:

Cheong wrote:

_underjoy wrote:

actually i didnt see the whole map and i only saw the screenshot that someone uploaded. and you made me see the whole chart. and my opinion on the map got more negatively. thx

You're welcome mania player, but I doubt you found it from a random screenshot, you took your time to find that. Don't try to hide your shame embrace it, once you've posted it, it's done. Anyways looking at the numbers looks like the dislike is the minority. That concludes an opinion from a minigame player. Good luck in trying to find flaws and not pointing anything out tippy tap player
Feraligatr
the patterns are just hard in general; they may not be the best patterns, but it's challenging and unique. It's not like the sr was inflated due to jumptrills and other patterns that inflate the sr.

I don't understand why this map got a lot of hate all of a sudden. If it stands out for being what it is, then I think it's good for being loved.
Cheong

TheFlameWind wrote:

Cheong wrote:

TheFlameWind wrote:

Cheong wrote:

_underjoy wrote:

Cheong wrote:

_underjoy wrote:

You're welcome mania player, but I doubt you found it from a random screenshot, you took your time to find that. Don't try to hide your shame embrace it, once you've posted it, it's done. Anyways looking at the numbers looks like the dislike is the minority. That concludes an opinion from a minigame player. Good luck in trying to find flaws and not pointing anything out tippy tap player

oh thx a catch player who is rude as much as me lol

iirc, the map which going to loved has to get yes vote four times more than no vote. what would this mean? i think i dont have to explain it specifically
Kasumi-sama

Cheong wrote:

TheFlameWind wrote:

Cheong wrote:

TheFlameWind wrote:

Cheong wrote:

_underjoy wrote:

Cheong wrote:

_underjoy wrote:

too damn long

too damn long

too damn long

too damn long

too damn long

too damn long

too damn long

iirc, the map which going to loved has to get yes vote four times more than no vote. what would this mean? i think i dont have to explain it specifically

How is TheFlameWind rude? He's just stating facts. Hell, you and every Korean user here is rude by hating on this map, and putting a "no" vote only on it, while ignoring every single other Loved map in osu!mania, and not giving constructive feedback, just bringing more drama. (I'm aware this comment does not help, thank you.) And even saying the entire Loved section is shit.

This is a PSA directed to you and every person who hates on this map, or the entire Loved section: Learn how to do constructive feedback, help the Loved section. Don't do this kind of circlejerk where you just hate on one map without any constructivve argument.

Also a map needs 80% of yes votes to get loved. Don't know where in the name of fuck you saw the "get yes vote four times more than no vote".
Cheong

Kasumii-sama wrote:

Cheong wrote:

TheFlameWind wrote:

Cheong wrote:

TheFlameWind wrote:

Cheong wrote:

_underjoy wrote:

Cheong wrote:

_underjoy wrote:

too damn long

too damn long

too damn long

too damn long

too damn long

too damn long

too damn long

How is TheFlameWind rude? He's just stating facts. Hell, you and every Korean user here is rude by hating on this map, and putting a "no" vote only on it, while ignoring every single other Loved map in osu!mania, and not giving constructive feedback, just bringing more drama. (I'm aware this comment does not help, thank you.) And even saying the entire Loved section is shit.

This is a PSA directed to you and every person who hates on this map, or the entire Loved section: Learn how to do constructive feedback, help the Loved section. Don't do this kind of circlejerk where you just hate on one map without any constructivve argument.

Also a map needs 80% of yes votes to get loved. Don't know where in the name of fuck you saw the "get yes vote four times more than no vote".

yes i'm rude i agree on it. but korean users are rude by voting no and hating this map? why is it rude? though they really dont like map and dont agree to be a loved map, they have to press agree and pretend to like the map since hating it and pressing no vote is rude? lol how about saying just playing mania is rude lmao
Feraligatr

Cheong wrote:

Kasumii-sama wrote:

Cheong wrote:

TheFlameWind wrote:

Cheong wrote:

TheFlameWind wrote:

Cheong wrote:

_underjoy wrote:

Cheong wrote:

_underjoy wrote:

too damn long

too damn long

too damn long

too damn long

too damn long

too damn long

too damn long

yes i'm rude i agree on it. but korean users are rude by voting no and hating this map? why is it rude? though they really dont like map and dont agree to be a loved map, they have to press agree and pretend to like the map since hating it and pressing no vote is rude? lol how about saying just playing mania is rude lmao

It's rude because you could've just voted no and not bash other people for their opinion.

Just don't do this crappy behavior. Really immature and rude of you.
Kasumi-sama

Cheong wrote:

Kasumii-sama wrote:

Cheong wrote:

TheFlameWind wrote:

Cheong wrote:

TheFlameWind wrote:

Cheong wrote:

_underjoy wrote:

Cheong wrote:

_underjoy wrote:

too damn long
too damn long
too damn long
too damn long
too damn long
too damn long
too damn long

it's rude imo because you guys haven't done shit or cared about the loved section ever since it's been a thing and now that GHOST gets loved "let's not ruin the loved section plz..."
yo that's hypocritical as shit
if you're gonna give "feedback" on one map, do it on all maps for this week kthx
Raveille

Cheong wrote:

Kasumii-sama wrote:

Cheong wrote:

TheFlameWind wrote:

Cheong wrote:

TheFlameWind wrote:

Cheong wrote:

_underjoy wrote:

Cheong wrote:

_underjoy wrote:

too damn long

too damn long

too damn long

too damn long

too damn long

too damn long

too damn long

Let’s see... someone called the map “dog shit”. Someone commented that “Toaphster is captain? Dismissed”.

On your first comment on this forum, you call us “lots of retards”.

Korean users aren’t rude because they bombard this voting with “no”s, you need to read the comments and realize that many of you give no constructive feedback and just useless comments like that.

Also, surprise, you don’t have to be rude to give constructive criticism. It isn’t difficult.
Kasumi-sama

Cheong wrote:

Raveille wrote:

Cheong wrote:

Kasumii-sama wrote:

Cheong wrote:

TheFlameWind wrote:

Cheong wrote:

TheFlameWind wrote:

Cheong wrote:

_underjoy wrote:

Cheong wrote:

_underjoy wrote:

too damn long
too damn long
too damn long
too damn long
too damn long
too damn long
too damn long

Let’s see... someone called the map “dog shit”. Someone commented that “Toaphster is captain? Dismissed”.

Korean users aren’t rude because they bombard this voting with “no”s, you need to read the comments and realize that many of you give no constructive feedback and just useless comments like that.

Also, surprise, you don’t have to be rude to give constructive criticism. It isn’t difficult.
sry it is difficult since the map sucks as shit kthx
welcome to: subjective opinions
TheFlameWind

Kasumii-sama wrote:

Cheong wrote:

TheFlameWind wrote:

Cheong wrote:

TheFlameWind wrote:

Cheong wrote:

_underjoy wrote:

Cheong wrote:

[quote="_underjoy"]too damn long

too damn long

too damn long

too damn long

too damn long

too damn long

too damn long

If you think me calling you out for not giving proper constructive criticism is rude, then that's just sad there, word of advice; don't try be toxic in your community if you could help it. Anyways even if the map doesn't go for loved, it doesn't mean it can't be nominated again. Give proper feedback that is all.
Raveille

Cheong wrote:

Raveille wrote:

Cheong wrote:

Kasumii-sama wrote:

Cheong wrote:

TheFlameWind wrote:

Cheong wrote:

TheFlameWind wrote:

Cheong wrote:

_underjoy wrote:

Cheong wrote:

_underjoy wrote:

too damn long

too damn long

too damn long

too damn long

too damn long

too damn long

too damn long

If you want to be taken seriously with your so called “opinions” then I suggest you stop acting like a child and take action to help us with the Loved Section. If not you are just wasting our time.
Kasumi-sama

Cheong wrote:

Kasumii-sama wrote:

Cheong wrote:

Kasumii-sama wrote:

Cheong wrote:

TheFlameWind wrote:

Cheong wrote:

TheFlameWind wrote:

Cheong wrote:

_underjoy wrote:

Cheong wrote:

_underjoy wrote:

too damn long
too damn long
too damn long
too damn long
too damn long
too damn long
too damn long

it's rude imo because you guys haven't done shit or cared about the loved section ever since it's been a thing and now that GHOST gets loved "let's not ruin the loved section plz..."
yo that's hypocritical as shit
if you're gonna give "feedback" on one map, do it on all maps for this week kthx
lol okay we were rude sry thx for understanding captain kasumii chan
ok nvm I thought talking with you rationally would be doable. turns out you're a manchild
Kasumi-sama

[Crz]SuJaK wrote:

ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ 짅짲갲쌎움잊넺 뼝씬뜰
옛쓰 찭성하는 놈들 잦살좀

^^..
Ah yes, talking in your own language which either only Korean people or people that learned Korean can only understand.
Truly a good idea to give good feedback and help with this thread.
I'm sorry but, please learn English, or even use Google Translate.
You're in an English-based forum so well.
Sinaeb

Cheong wrote:

Raveille wrote:

Cheong wrote:

Kasumii-sama wrote:

Cheong wrote:

TheFlameWind wrote:

Cheong wrote:

TheFlameWind wrote:

Cheong wrote:

_underjoy wrote:

Cheong wrote:

_underjoy wrote:

too damn long

too damn long

too damn long

too damn long

too damn long

too damn long

too damn long

"the map sucks as shit" Is there any reason that you find this map to "sucks as shit"? Did you even play it? Just looking at the editor isn't enough, yes you can get a general grasp of how the map can play, but you cannot pinpoint any part to be bad because you don't know the context of why it's mapped like that
Raveille

Yuuna Yuuki- wrote:

TheFlameWind wrote:

Sinaeb wrote:

Cheong wrote:

Raveille wrote:

Cheong wrote:

Kasumii-sama wrote:

Cheong wrote:

TheFlameWind wrote:

Cheong wrote:

TheFlameWind wrote:

Cheong wrote:

_underjoy wrote:

Cheong wrote:

_underjoy wrote:

too damn long

too damn long

too damn long

too damn long

too damn long

too damn long

too damn long

"the map sucks as shit" Is there any reason that you find this map to "sucks as shit"? Did you even play it? Just looking at the editor isn't enough, yes you can get a general grasp of how the map can play, but you cannot pinpoint any part to be bad because you don't know the context of why it's mapped like that

It's probably too hard for him, we have a no fail mod for these circumstances though.

Edit 1: Ahhh we also have a half-time mod as well it can work wonders for him

I can pass that map. but I think ghost is very sucks as shit
fucking slow sv + Full LN
mapper brain seems to have only poop

Enlighten us all how is this constructive criticism when you call the mapper’s brain “only poop”.

Do you guys not know how to give constructive criticism? You just need basic etiquette and common sense. It’s really not that hard to do this and yet so many of you choose to follow that route.
WalterToro
Okay, this is enough, please bring constructive criticism for this map or for the loved section in general, but if you are being rude or inappropriate with your comments those will be deleted and silences will be applied if this goes on.
XENiTH
W T F chaos
Celcious
Break it up all lol
If you like this map, press the "Yes" button.
If you don't like this map, simply press the "No" button.
That's all! Can't be better than this! Isn't it?