forum

1 year osu-versary! (how long have you been playing!?)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Josu
today is December 1st which means I celebrate one year on osu! (technically its still November 30th here tho but shhhhh)

it was on this day last year that I decided to download the game, mainly because of two reasons. those being that I had a couple of friends who played the game, and that I really needed something to distract myself, since I wasn't having the best of times last winter.

I was pretty depressed and I couldn't exactly find joy in any of the things that I did anymore. but holy shit did osu! change that. i never expected that this weeb rhythm game would bring me so much happiness during a shitty time in my life but it did, and I'm real glad I decided to download osu! that day.

from December 1st to October 25th (when my laptop stopped working for a week or two), I had played osu! every single day. as of right now I am rank ~45k global & I hope to climb even higher eventually!

how long have you guys been playing? i know there are people here who have been active for 10 years now and that baffles me.
i dunno i just felt like posting this because it really does not feel like a year + i've never actually posted on the forum before whoops
trindomeer
You wanna be baffled even more? Mismagius (formerly blue dragon), legendary mapper of airman and big black, has been playing for ten years.

He is now 20 ish.

Big Black, possibly the most famous osu map of all time, was mapped by a 14 year old.
Deva
Good job. In one year you achieved what took me four years.

Edit: I saw your top plays and I take what I said back.
ADelicateOrange
I've been playing for about 9 months, disregarding my account creation 4-5 years ago.
mulraf
next month it'll be 7 years :3 but tbh took a break from i think 2014 - 2017 so technically about 4 years.
spacepop
8 years.. oww I am old
PaintedK0ala
I downloaded back in 2016 but never actually played (shown in my play history). I started playing seriously in January this year (so 11 months) and I'm now rank 21k and still going strong.
KupcaH
Started to play in end of January 2016. So it's gonna be three years soon.

Had quite a lot of breaks for 1-2 months though.
Topic Starter
Josu

Deva wrote:

Good job. In one year you achieved what took me four years.

Edit: I saw your top plays and I take what I said back.

LMAOKDDJJSJFKV
Tu vieja on osu
7 Months :v
xXOsuPersonXx
Apparently I've been playing for 884 days
PaintedK0ala
I said I was 21k last night, which is true, but I got some insane plays last night so as of now I'm 18k.
My Angel Jeremy
1 and a half years :3
Lynthy
Downloaded on December 14 2017, been playing ever since, almost a year now. I'm just hoping to make it into top 100K before my one year.
Acrith
soon 9 years...