forum

Is it normal that I can only fc songs I really like?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
trindomeer
I've noticed that how much I enjoy/ am familiar with a song is basically the number one factor in how likely I am to fc it. Weirdly, it seems to have absolutely no bearing on my accuracy whatsoever. I just got my first 4* FC, unsurprisingly on a song I have heard way too many times in the past couple of months, RISE. Acc is garbage, even relative to some of my clears of other songs of similar difficulty, but I've never gotten close to fcing any of them.

Now to some extent this kind of seems obvious, like of course it's easier to focus on a song I like, and it's easier to read rhythms I've heard before. I guess my real question is should I then force myself away from that stuff to try and get better at reading things I'm less familiar with? Is it worth it playing songs I don't like as much just to try and improve, or will that happen naturally anyways? I know that as a 6 digit trash the advice is always to play more, but in this case it's a question of more of what. And also, why does it only affect my aim and reading ability, but not my acc?
ADelicateOrange
Yes and No. Interest will keep you more focused on a song, but you're lacking skills in some department that is impeding your ability to progress.