forum

Beat's (Osu!Taiko) Redemption Tourney (CONCLUDED)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Beat43210

Ladies and gentlemen, my name is beat43210 and welcome to one of the worst ideas i could imagine, my very own taiko tournament.
After the trainwreck the australian/NZ and malaysian taiko community witnessed with the disaster of (DETRACTED) back in August,
I have taken apon myself to say "fuck it" and run a tournament thats actually worthy of showcasing on the global stage.
With all that in mind, I'm going to explain all the details you need to know in preperation for this tournament. *since people are lazy and cant bother to read the rules*

General Rules

- This taiko tournament is open to all players around the world. Now, it would be a bit weird if i tried to make a taiko tournament and then not have any AUS/NZ/MY players make the top 32
.......like that would be weird and defeat the purpose of me doing this, so to prevent that the top 8 players that register and hold one of those 3 flags on their profile (sorted by global rank) will be guarrenteed a spot in this tournament.
- The other 24 spots will be filled by AUS/NZ/MY players who are not in the top 8 and players from every other country. Players will sign up as individuals and compete in 1v1 matches using the superior score V2.
- Under the assumption that 32 spots are signed up, players will be divided into 4 pots based on their global rank at time of closed registration where they will form groups containing one player in each of the 4 pots.

Tournament Schedule

Registration Period - December 1st - December 22nd
Tournament Drawings - December 23rd
Group Stage - December 23rd - January 6th 2019 (because of Christmas + new years + quantity of matches being played)
Round of 16 - January 7th - January 13th 2019
Quarter Finals - January 14th - January 20th
Semi Finals - January 21th - January 27th
Finals - January 28th - February 3rd
Grand Finals - February 4th - February 10th

Mappool Rules

- Each round will consist of 4 No Mod, 2 Hidden, 2 Hard Rock, 2 Special, 2 Double Time, 2 Free Mod, 1 Tiebreaker
- No Mod, Hidden, Hard Rock and Double Time maps will be played with their respective mods activated
- Special maps will only be played as No Mod, however these maps are designed to be a bit more difficult,off beat and a bit more "special" than No Mod maps
- Free Mod maps will allow players to use any of the following mod combinations: Nomod, Hidden, Hardrock and Hidden+Hardrock
- Tiebreaker map will be played under Freemod conditions unless there is a tie. This can't be banned

Match rules

- They will have 10 minutes to join their assigned lobby during the group stage (15 minutes every other stage).
- If a player fails to show at the end of their time, they will lose by default. If both players fail to show up, I'll handle it by case-by-case basis.
- When both players show up, they will each have the option of either playing a warmup of their choosing or forfeiting their right to a warmup. I couldnt care less who goes first but please keep it under 5 minutes unless your opposition and ref agrees to play a longer warmup
- After warmups are concluded each player will !roll to see who goes first. The player with the lower score is considered the loser of the roll and must ban a map first. The winner of the roll will ban second and pick first. Picks will alternate until someone achieves their winning condition
- Maps will be played under the mod category they are assigned and scoring will be calculated using the superior scoreV2 system using team VS mode.
- Highest score wins in all cases unless one player passes and the other fails. In this case the passing player wins the point regardless if the other player finished with a higher score.
- In the event of a tie, the map will be played over and over again till a winner is produced however i can assure you we will not see more than 3 ties on a map. It's mathematically unlikely

- Once a player has achieved the necessary points required to win the match. The losing player will have the option to accept their defeat or attempt to gain redemption
- If the losing player accept their defeat the match is officially over.
- if the losing player attempts to redeem themselves, the redemption map will be played. The redemption map will be announced alongside with the mappool at the start of the week. It will played under nomod conditions and cannot be banned. The losing player will have one chance to get redemption.
- In every stage of the tournament to achieve redemption, the player attempting to get redemption must pass and score at least 800K regardless of their opposition's score and trust me the redemption map will definitely be one of the more harder maps in the pool.
- If the player fails, the match is officially over in favor of their opposition
- If the player is successful, the last result that made the player lose initially is voided, the map that the player originally lost on is now banned (to prevent the opposition deciding to pick it again) and it'll be their pick regardless of what the pick order was before.
-If this happened on an Tiebreaker map. The Tiebreaker is played again as if it didn't just happen.
- This can only happen once per player per match.

Winning Conditions

In the Group stage and R16 players will need to reach first to 4 points (bo7)
In the QF and SF players will need to reach first to 5 points (bo9)
In the finals and Grand Finals players will need to reach first to 6 points (bo11)

Prizes

I can't get you pizza but i can get you

3 months of supporter (or something thats around $12 USD) for first place
2 months of supporter (or something thats around $8 USD) for second place
1 months of supporter (or something thats around $4 USD) for third place

Roles

If you want to join the staffing team to fill in ref, administrative, mappooling, commentating and/or streaming roles join the discord server down below
If you want to participate, fill in the form and also join the discord down below
Im gonna need every hand of deck to ensure this runs better than (DETRACTED). I mean, on a serious note (DETRACTED) set the bar so damn low, how could i possibly fuck it up. Join the tournament and find out :D

In japanese:

大会形式 [tournament rules]

この大会は誰でも参加できます. 個人で参加し,1vs1で戦います. 32人以上の参加者がいる場合は,総員でのグループステージから, 16人の勝ちぬきへ以降します (ここからは,2回負けると終了します).この大会は一部の人 ( Australian/NZ/MY におけるランキング上位8名) を優遇し,残りの24人にそれ以外の人からランキングに応じて上から24人の参加が可能です. 参加受付期間が終わると,各プレイヤーは4つの強さ[ 弱 / 中 / 強 / 超 ]に分類され,4種のメンバーが1人ずつ集まってグループステージを行います.32人以下の場合はちょっと変わりますが・・・詳細は主催次第です.

マッププールについて [ Mappool rules ]

譜面の構成は,NM×4, HD×2 , HR×2 , 特殊×2, DT×2, FM×2, TB×1 , 逆襲×1 です.
NM, HD, HR, DTはそれぞれ指定されたmodでプレイしてもらいます.
"特殊" は,単純にNMより難しい譜面です.NoModでプレイしてもらいます.
FMは以下の4択から各自が自由にmodを選択して戦います : NM / HD / HR / HDHR
TB(最終戦) は FM扱いです.BANできません.
逆襲譜面はNo modでプレイしてもらいます.これもBANできません.

対戦ルール [ Match rules ]

先述の通り,1vs1のバトルになります.時間に合わせてオンラインになっておいてください.
グループステージは10分,他のマッチでは15分,入室時間があります.もちろん遅刻した場合は無条件敗北になります.双方遅刻した場合は主催の独断と偏見と状況次第です.ただし,遅刻の申し出が先に行われていれば,例外とします.どの程度の遅刻が許されるかは状況次第です.
両方集まったら,warmupを相互に行うか,もしくはスキップの選択をします. warmupは5分以内にしてください.(審判が許可する場合はその限りではありませんが・・・)
warmupsが終わったら,両者とも!rollを行います.小さい方が敗者で,先にbanを選びます.大きい方は後からbanを決め,代わりにpickを先に選びます.譜面は,どちらかが勝つまで交互に選んでいきます.
試合はscoreV2 - VS mode で純粋に点数勝負です.ただ,どちらか一方のみがノルマクリアした場合は例外的に点数を無視し,ノルマクリアした方の勝利です.TB(決戦)は互角の続く限り何度も繰り返しますが,実際多くて3回で,それ以上TBが続くことは数学的にもないと思います.
当たり前ですが,TBと逆襲譜面は選んだりBANしたりできません.
片方のプレイヤーが勝利に必要な点数を獲得した場合,敗者は2つの選択ができます.
それは,「諦める」 / 「諦めない」 の二択です.
諦めれば,そこで試合終了です.必要な点数を獲得した側の勝利です.
諦めない,取られた点の償いをしたい,そう決意した場合,逆襲譜面が選ばれます.たった1度のチャンスで,この譜面をNoModでプレイし,800000点以上を取った場合,逆襲に成功します.相手に勝つ必要はありません.
逆襲に失敗すれば,やはり試合終了です.
逆襲に成功すると,時は巻き戻ります.あなたが取られた最後の点はなかったことになり,TBであれば何事もなかったかのように再度TBにチャレンジでき,TBでなければ,あなたが一度負けたその譜面は二度と選べなくなります.
「逆襲」できるのは1度だけです.TBの決戦では,2回目以降引き分けを繰り返すごとに FreeMod -> HD/HR/HDHR選択 -> 強制HDHR -> 強制DT へとmodの指定が変化します.
(Translations made by toorun12)

Player registration form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfr2MUGNIdVlsQI7RyS4A1D15nNO8_GzwyqjbrVF1iBmmQn2g/viewform?usp=sf_link (please fill this in order to confirm your registration in the tournament)

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/beat43210

Discord: https://discord.gg/rHFpVTt

Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ppKOcZbR0BRerlCVuvbZ3dA6IHq5lyXZfn5ZPsgT0Kc/edit?usp=sharing
Li77L3
cool
ETHN
owo
[Zeth]
HYPE
That redemption concept seems pretty interesting btw owo
Topic Starter
Beat43210
Thanks, i totally didnt see a standard tournament with the same concept last year, completely forgot about it then remembered it being a thing until a few months ago. To my knowledge this concept hasnt been in place in a taiko tournament before either so this should be a fun experiment on my end. I also have to be mindful of the fact that the redemption maps are not picked based on how well you can play it against your opposition but rather can you actually hit the target score or not.
CrabCow
Hey look an original concept and content,
exactly what the entire youtube stream doesn't have
nice!

Good job Beat on organizing a tourney owo
Topic Starter
Beat43210
At the time i came up with the idea, i initially thought it was it was an original concept but its actually has already been tried in the past. I wasn't aware of this at the time but there was a standard tournament that had a similar concept. Never followed along it or anything. That being said, at least to my knowledge something like this hasn't been tried in a taiko tournament and im glad that i'm giving it a shot and holding the reins. I'm excited to get this tournament underway starting in just under 3 weeks time. Hopefully, this crazy idea does not fall flat on my face and we get some exciting matchups with some not pathetic mappools. We got some solid registrations and staffing is slowly coming together. So we doing well so far!!! (i'm just dreading the fact i actually got to buy supporter AND THEN RE-learn how to run the tourney client after not touching it since A!TT 2017)
Topic Starter
Beat43210
So far after just over 4 days, 19 entries and some top players have already signed up. Plenty of spots left and only 2 and a half weeks remaining till registration closes :D
Topic Starter
Beat43210
Casual reminder that if you have signed up, it is strongly recommended that you join the discord server as well. Registration closes in 15 days.
Topic Starter
Beat43210
Soooo, looks like theres a standard redemption tourney going on as well :D. I mean we got completely different reasons for running. I wish them the best of luck running A MUCH more up sized version than what my version is. (but on a serious note: im just bumping my post and figured ill say something interesting XD
Noko_BSF
hype :)
Topic Starter
Beat43210
8 days remaining to register :D
Topic Starter
Beat43210
7 days left to register and ive updated the post here to include a japanese version casually translated by toorun12
Topic Starter
Beat43210
5 days left to sign up :D
Aisha
I wanted the pizza but well, good luck with this!
Topic Starter
Beat43210
LOL. Just over 3 days left before registrations close. Thanks for the complement :D
Topic Starter
Beat43210
24 HOURS REMAIN, we got a stacked tournament lined up and you dont want to miss out :D
Topic Starter
Beat43210
ALRIGHT registration is now closed tune in to my twitch channel to watch all the action. I wish everyone the best of luck
Coryn
Hype