forum

[Archived] Skipped Frames, Mouse acting weird

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tician
Hi there!

I have a new PC and installed Osu yesterday, but something is off and weird and I can't figure out what it is. I am playing with mouse and keyboard.

Problem details:
My mouse accelerates randomly (or jumps a little, I can't look that fast to actually see what is happening). I thought the WIndows mouse acceleration is turned on, but it actually isn't - but that's what it feels like. It's best visible when I do spinners, circling around the middle and the mouse keeps replacing itself to a slightly different spot. Focusing on a dot on my desktop and circling aorund it fast works perfectly fine, it's only inside Osu, even in the title screen.

I have a Razer DeathAdder Chroma, I tried raw and non-raw input and honestly non-raw input seems to be a bit better than the raw one.

Another things that I noticed: It's not running smooth. I had screen-tearing before and no issues with that, now it feels like the game is completely skipping frames (way more noticable to me than the screen-tearing on my old PC) - hence the jumps I assume. It's really really slightly, but it drives me crazy. I already tried the option to reduce dropped frames and it's a bit better but still not good enough for me to feel comfortable playing Osu.

osu! version: Stable 20181118.3 (latest)

Hope someone can help me...
_Eyad
Try using other builds like I did, I use cuttingedge and it actually stopped my game freezing or dropping frames, but I don't know how to fix your mouse problem even though I'm a mouse player too.
Topic Starter
Tician
I can't believe it, wasn't expecting that, but moving to cuttingedge fixed all my issues! No dropped framrates anymore and no weird mouse-movement! Thank you a lot!

Edit: RIP me, it was fixed until I restarted Osu, now I switched through all builds, reinstalled Osu, set folder permission did god knows what - but I can't fix it again.
Topic Starter
Tician
Well I figured out when it happens - just no idea why.

When I have a browser open with an open amazon movie-tab, the game acts as described. I guess it's something about Windows Media suite, Amazon uses it when playing movies, no idea what Osu does and why it's interfering.
xaojin

Tician wrote:

Well I figured out when it happens - just no idea why.

When I have a browser open with an open amazon movie-tab, the game acts as described. I guess it's something about Windows Media suite, Amazon uses it when playing movies, no idea what Osu does and why it's interfering.

I have the same problem as well as a lot of other people. It's a global problem, we're not sure why that happens currently, if it's an osu issue or Windows being stupid.