forum

Stress builds up when I try to get high accuracy.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SpasticSurgeon
I am playing songs that are slightly easier to improve my consistency, but on many of these songs I get close to FCing. Whether I FC or not, though, the stress of almost FCing or FCing starts to feel like a lot after an hour or so. I could play harder songs to avoid this or drop combo on purpose, but I think both of these would be bad habits for my consistency. How can I be less stressed at songs that aren't too easy but possible to FC?

I'm not even trying to farm, I'm just playing maps at a certain difficulty range and since it's more likely I get close to FC it begins to stress me out and make me feel sick over a bit of time.
Deva
Whenever you notice you are stressing out because you are FCing try to relax consciously. It will be really difficult at first and probably won't help you much.

But as you get better at it you will first start FCing and then get used to FCing which will make a part for the stress go away.

I also recommend playing really long maps since they tend to have less difficulty spikes (if you play a 5* map the difficulty will be 5* consistently instead of playing a TV size map that's really a 3* map with a 5* section that lasts for 5 seconds).

And since mappers who mapped them were willing to put more effort into them they also tend to be better than TV sized maps, although it's not necessarily true.
My Angel Jeremy
who cares about accuracy anyways
plz enjoy game
im flat

My Angel Jeremy wrote:

who cares about accuracy anyways
plz enjoy game

same
BatBanane
I would say I have the same problem - well I am currently working on it.

I actually do not care about accuracy for random plays. I am just trying to get high acc on my FC's.. But since I am always getting nervous at the end of Maps I start shaking, overreading and an outgrowth is missing - In other words I am losing my consistency.

My approach to fix that is:
- Playing long Maps (For example Demetori Maps .. since I like Metal oof), more Tech-Maps and some harder and long Stream Maps for dem tapping.
- stop looking at my acc (while learning the map)
- dont retry maps 1xx times
- dont play weird maps 20 stars above my skill level
- play more.

All in all just try to play longer maps, different kind of maps (other styles) and get better on your current difficutly. Worked every time I've farmed my pp to snipe my friends. At some point you'll start to realise your improvement and you start missing everything. Just stop playing for a while.. you should get your random FC's with gud acc without thinking about it :D Have fun and plz enjoy game.
kakusexe
i almost fced a map that would grant me 270pp but no, i started having parkinson and i had 727 heart bpm Kappa
Vuelo Eluko

kakusexe wrote:

i almost fced a map that would grant me 270pp but no, i started having parkinson and i had 727 heart bpm Kappa
i choked a 330 once
Kyomaku
I know how that feels lmao. I tend to get nervous and choke accuracy a lot towards the end, too, but one time, when I was doing really good on a difficult map and the second I realized, that I might have a shot at fcing it, my whole body started shaking so hard and I ened up failing. Just passing with the combo and acc I already had would have already been a good play. Just gotta play more so it's nothing "special" anymore, hence you won't get as nervous.