forum

Switching from mouse to tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sangii99
So I've been playing with a mouse for quite a while (ever since I've started playing osu!) and I've been thinking about switching over to a tablet.

I really want to know what it feels like to switch over, after using a mouse for a while. Also, I wonder if a tablet will help me improve faster and get better at the game, for people around my level (rank 10k). I've heard mixed opinions about this, but I still want to know if it's worth spending some time and money on a tablet, or if it's better to just stick to using a mouse.
Alongal
Since I got a tablet I improved tons, from hardly being able to FC high 3* maps to being able to FC high 4* maps. Obviously, I practiced, but my skill improved really faster than with mouse (I think I have only 15h with tablet and even with 50h, that improvement was really fast). When starting to play with tablet, the first week you will usually feel uncomfortable, the pen will slip, you won't have a consistent grip and your aim will be almost shit, but with some practice and for me was only 3 days, you can recover your aim with mouse, and from there improve it.
Btw, I also felt like my acc was improving as my aim did, I mean, from feeling that I smash the keyboard when a quintuplet appeared to knowing what I was doing. And when tapping I felt more confident and I think that made my acc improve.
im flat
you will be better with tablet it might take time for you to get used to it
absolute positioning holds many advantages
Topic Starter
sangii99

Alongal wrote:

Since I got a tablet I improved tons, from hardly being able to FC high 3* maps to being able to FC high 4* maps. Obviously, I practiced, but my skill improved really faster than with mouse (I think I have only 15h with tablet and even with 50h, that improvement was really fast). When starting to play with tablet, the first week you will usually feel uncomfortable, the pen will slip, you won't have a consistent grip and your aim will be almost shit, but with some practice and for me was only 3 days, you can recover your aim with mouse, and from there improve it.
Btw, I also felt like my acc was improving as my aim did, I mean, from feeling that I smash the keyboard when a quintuplet appeared to knowing what I was doing. And when tapping I felt more confident and I think that made my acc improve.

Thanks for your information. I didn't know that using a tablet could potentially improve your accuracy as well. I guess there's a reason for higher ranked players using tablets

im flat wrote:

you will be better with tablet it might take time for you to get used to it
absolute positioning holds many advantages

I've heard getting used to tablet aim could be a pain, but I guess it's worth it anyways. Thanks for the advice
Tad Fibonacci
In my opinion it's more to personal preference. I switched to tablet a long time ago and at first I was shit at it but I took sometime practicing to be better at it.
I've improved a lot since then but I don't think it's due to the tablet, I always felt like my improvement came gradually.
I use the tablet now because It felt more natural for me, I don't think switching to a tablet would grant someone instant improvement.
So I think you should try it out for sometime, if you feel like it's a better way of playing then go ahead, if not then you should stick to what you're more comfortable with.
Deva
You will be really bad at first and it will take you a while to get used to playing with a tablet but once you do get used to it your consistency will skyrocket.
DXPOHIHIHI
I drastically-bombastically-ridiculously improved with tablet rather than mouse. Imagine playing for only an hour and a half and you already got your new top play!!

(We all improve at a different rate)
Deva

szkiller wrote:

I drastically-bombastically-ridiculously improved with tablet

You are only 33k though >_>
ADelicateOrange
The comment above has me BUCKLED. Roastedddd
-------
Anyways, a tablet will not make you improve faster. The only difference you'll find is absolute area makes it slightly easier to make muscle memory of jump/flick distances. You're a higher rank than me, but you should probably know intrinsically whether or not you'll improve with a tablet.
DXPOHIHIHI

Deva wrote:

szkiller wrote:

I drastically-bombastically-ridiculously improved with tablet

You are only 33k though >_>

Yeah I started to hit walls when I got a tablet
N0thingSpecial
Ye sure