forum

the peggies - Kimi no Sei

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Turquoise-
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 29 December 2018 at 14:33:38

Artist: the peggies
Title: Kimi no Sei
Source: 青春ブタ野郎はバニーガール先輩の夢を見ない
Tags: Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai
BPM: 174
Filesize: 9282kb
Play Time: 04:20
Difficulties Available:
  1. Cami's Insane (4.67 stars, 917 notes)
  2. Schrodinger's Bunny (6.48 stars, 1192 notes)
Download: the peggies - Kimi no Sei
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
KIMI NO SEI

KIMINO SEI

KIMINO SEI DE, WATASHI

uwu

looking for 5* GD, pls pm me!

""""Concepts"""" (for modders to read)
#1: Cutting through the atmosphere
In the anime this OP is from, the main character has a certain perspective on society (as most nihilist protagonists tend to). Basically, he is a person that can read the "atmosphere" (i.e the way that the people around you/in a certain environment act as a whole) and purposefully does not follow it.
I have tried to adapt this to some extent in this map. With my knowledge of generic anime mapping, I have tried to create something that is unorthodox while still adhering to the general structure of an anime map (i.e looks like a normal anime map, but does not play like one).
To this end, I have made a few choices.
Firstly, the extended sliders in the Kiai and the beginning. These are generally how this sound would be mapped anyhow, but instead of placing the circle on the slider end, it is blanketed with the slider. This gives it some distance, and therefore makes both the slider and the circle considerably harder to play than if it was next to the slider end.
Secondly, the rhythm. The rhythm is standard when it comes to mapping the song, but the way I've switched between vocals and background noise in general means that there are a lot of sections that have a lot of singletaps in a row. These singletaps increase how difficult the map is to play without increasing the star rating, which is the opposite of what a normal anime map would tend to do.
Thirdly, the flow. The flow, on the whole, is conventional, but there is a LOT of switching around and breaking slider flow. Sliders in general become a lot harder when you have to follow them and then move to the next circle rather than doing the whole thing in one smooth movement.
And lastly, this isn't a specific thing, but the map on the whole has bits and pieces which you wouldn't expect from a normal anime map. Some examples would be the steadily increasing SV in the kiai's, the stream jump at the beginning, the 1/8th slider triples, no 1-2s except in very specific situations and some others.
#2: Overlaps
Ctrl+up/down twice, Ctrl+left/right twice, tiny grid size
Constant overlap that is almost always visible at any point in the map (excluding stream section). Has the same spacing as the distance of the beginning and end of a stacked triple. Makes it easier to give a sense of structure and coherence that even the player can understand simply.
#3: 5 degree sliders:
All straight sliders are angles at 5 degrees, except when empahsis is necessary. curvd sliders r gey lol

TL;DR Looks like and is structured like a normal anime map, but does not play like one. Purposefully uses anime map conventions and messes with them.

Even simpler: anti-anime map, mod it as if disregarding flow choices (mostly)

gd from cami

help from: okoratu , transcendental , yukiyo , crazyrabbitkge , nemui , scubdomino , naab_asd , smokeman , halfslashed , smokelind(timing stolen from him as well) , seselis1 , exule , innovative ,